1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao for Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jj3469, Apr 10, 2010.

1. RocketMania1991

Yao brings the franchise money, but you know what brings it more money ?

A championship.

2. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

As a person whose been here for 7 years, this means you should probably have the sense to not post in a section called "ClutchFans.net Feedback " when there is a section called "Game And Roster Movement".

Also, as a member for 7 years (even if you joined when you were 10 you would be ~17), you should be mature enough to not make threads in random places

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

This trade will never go down bcuz Bosh is not a Center, just simple as that.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bosh will make Rockets more popular with black people. Yao is only popular with Asians. There are a lot more black people in Houston after Katrina. Also the Earth quake in China killed a lot of people, mostly Asians for some reason. So the economics have changed as demographics change.

With black stars Bosh, Lowry, AB, Budinger, Martin and Hill, the Rockets will be the Utah Jazz for black people.

Les knows this.

1 person likes this.
  5. WillG

WillG Member

Didnt know Budinger was Albino :eek:

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

And when has Bosh come close to bringing a championship to Toronto? He puts up great numbers and his supporting cast is always getting changed but they always seem to struggle to make the playoffs.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol I'm in stitches over here.

8. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Bosh is from Texas...Nash has Canada. Bosh would lose support in a heartbeat if he gets traded.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

And there are more asians than black people. Lol. dumb

10. RocketMania1991

I'm just saying everyone wants to keep Yao because he brings the franchise money, but he hasn't shown he can stay healthy enough to bring us the ultimate goal which is a championship.

And Bosh has been the only decent player on that team....please don't act like he can single handedly bring them to the promise land. Christ we had T-Mac/Yao for over five years and got just as close as Bosh did.

11. WillG

WillG Member

So Bosh is better about 65 percent of the time. Sounds good to me.

12. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I would do that trade every day of the week and twice on sunday... question is will the raptors??

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Losing Bosh may be better than having Yao? Thought about that?

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Stop being a homer, please.

29 years old versus 25 years old
    injury prone versus healthy
    both of them are all-stars

Houston would be stupid not to do it.

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

i would love to trade bosh for yao, atleast we bosh plays a majority of his games as opposed to yao. like many have said though yao is a cash cow and he is the reason i feel that les is willing to spend more lately because he knows having yao balances out things

16. jj3469

jj3469 Member

yea realized that after the fact but as you can tell from my number of post i don't post very often at all so it was a honest mistake.

17. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Yao Ming is better than Chris Bosh? Not a chance in hell. Bosh outperforms Yao in every category. Only thing I would argue Yao does better is play defense.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

If this did somehow happen (which I put at about 1% or less), wouldn't the Chinese government have to step in and approve it since Toronto is in another country?

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Which, when we consider it, may be only 10% of the stat categories but is 50% of the game.

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If the Rockets did not re-sign Lowry, will they have enough for Marc Gasol?

Does Lowry and Scola's new contracts eat into the MLE? Gasol would be perfect for this team.