1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao for Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jj3469, Apr 10, 2010.

1. jj3469

jj3469 Member

This may have been mentioned but i don't read every post every day but here goes.
    Everyone keeps talking about doing a sign and trade with scola plus picks for bosh or something similar but i don't understand why. I'm all for trading Yao for Bosh. Yao can't stay healthy. I love the guy but I love winning more. This year we were an allstar away from playoffs, actually we would probably of made it if it wern't for injuries down the stretch. But anyway Morey has the balls to make this trade because he is willing to do what is best for the team and not let emotions get it the way example: trading carl landry. And we'd still have our picks!!
    And on a side note i don't understand how anyone can say one bad thing about brooks. He is an up and coming allstar. He can shoot finish at the basket and with the right mix of guys in there his assists go up but it was kinda hard for him to get good assist when his playing time was shared with, hayes ariza battier and scola for much of the year. Kinda hard to get assist when theres only one other player that makes shots consistantly on the court with you.

My lineup:
    Brook/lowry
    Martin/ariza/taylor
    battier/ariza/Bud
    scola/hayes/hill
    bosh/hayes/hill

1 person likes this.
  2. RocketMania1991

Toronto would never do Yao for Bosh

/Thread

3. jj3469

jj3469 Member

That don't have too many options they can loose bosh for nothing or get something, i'd choose to get something

4. Pringles

Pringles Member

Financially, it might make sense for them. Yao is the mother ****in money makin machine for any franchise.

Which is why i believe...
    Houston would never do Yao for Bosh

5. mazinger

mazinger Member

Fixed

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Yao is pretty much untouchable. He's to valuable for Les.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Hell no! Yao is much better than Bosh and actually is a cash cow for Mr. Alexander.

We can add Bosh w/ Yao, but that is a different question all together.

8. Master_GM

Master_GM Member

Rockets will never trade Yao. If morey actually did, les would fire him within 24 hours.
    Yao is a money making machine. And he's a great player and leader. And if you didn't notice, with your dumb line up of Brooks Martin battier scola and bosh, Lmao we would have the worst defense in the league. Close thread this fool dosnt know what he's talking about.

MG

9. blink

blink Contributing Member

Bosh is just a black version of gasol, except we don't have a Kobe Bryant to take advantage of his skills. I'm not a big fan of Yao but if Yao extends for a smaller contract, I'd rather have him than bosh... Injuries and all. Bosh has been 'trashing' his teammates for the past few months and has said he wants to be top dog on whatever team he is on. Not someone I'd want.

10. HOUSTONROCKETS5

11. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Yao is untouchable. There is no way Houston would trade him, with his nice touch and amazing marketability (note: all time most watched NBA game of all time was Bucks vs. Rockets a few years ago with 300 million + people because it was Yi vs. Yao) On the other hand, Bosh isn't really an upgrade from Yao, so this wouldn't really make sense

12. jj3469

jj3469 Member

Yao doesn't help us win if hes not playing. Is that 3 straight years hes been out during playoffs? Like i said i love the guy but I love winning. PS Yaos D is pretty week too

13. jj3469

jj3469 Member

hes an upgrade because he plays. I hope Yao stays healthy but i'm sick of my hopes for a ship to be one half man half the season

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Bosh wants to play with a center. Not play center.

I still want to get him and keep Scola at the same time.

Ariza/Hill/Budinger/Jeffries+2012 first round pick for Bosh.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yao/Hayes/DA
    Bosh/Scola
    Battier/MLE
    Martin/Taylor
    Brooks/Lowry

Would like to keep Budinger, but he will probably be necessary in such trade.

16. jj3469

jj3469 Member

I'd do that trade but i'd hate to loose Bud.

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

When Yao is healthy, he is head and shoulders above Bosh.

18. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

The fact is, that yoa just brings in the money. You have to remember that this is also a business. Yoa brings in a foreign market to the rockets that bosh would not be able to do.

19. BleedRocketsRed

Literally, healthy or not, he is head and shoulders above.

But I am talking about basketball game.

20. BleedRocketsRed

Bosh got Canada ;)