1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao eyeing December 7th return vs. McGrady, Pistons (with video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2010.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Haha remember when the duo contributed 49 points 15 rebounds and 8 assists between them?

2. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

It was too good to be true :(
    [​IMG]

3. MandM's

MandM's Member

if you don't care then why do you ask? just can't help yourself huh?

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

[ESPN]Yao is returning at 12/10 Pistons game

Update on Yao.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5874471

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Tuesday is the 7th and that's Yao's goal. Team is thinking a little later.

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya!

Da Big man ain't out for the season with a sprained ankle! :grin:

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Rockets..

Yao is out 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks.
    DM tweets "Yao will be back for Detroit"
    Yao says "I will be back for Detroit"
    Rick says "We don't know when Yao will return"
    ESPN reports "Yao will be back for Detroit"

Whatever....

8. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Who will score more points:

Yao v. Mac!!!

9. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

So Yao says Pistons game.
    ESPN says Pistons game.
    DM says Pistons game?
    Adelman does not say Pistons game.
    Eliminate the Adelman.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To be fair, Daryl NEVER said the Pistons game either. He, like Adelman, seemed confused by that annoucement.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

SportsRadio 610 also has some Yao videos of yesterdays practice. It's nothing special, but some of you might be interested/care.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRmOhVQsrCI?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRmOhVQsrCI?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5ljtzdRhlY?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5ljtzdRhlY?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/12/02/yao-ming-goes-through-workouts-today-practice/

12. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I'm hoping we ditch this 24 minute **** when Yao returns. It obviously didn't work very well the first time around and it's not going to do anything special this time around. Here's to getting the Big Injury back.

13. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

If Adelman does this to Yao also I think what we have is a pattern. It makes me wonder if this coach ever talks to his guys and his staff or not?

Would Yao come out and just talk a bunch of crap about return dates without talking to his team doctors?

I think if the question is yes he did. Then maybe McGrady was cleared to play as well and the dear Coach just isnt communicating....A lot of questions and not many answers

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I still remember the game Yao and TMac really got on each other. Houston took the win against Magic, while Yao dropped 41 points and TMac scored 37. After the game, TMac said it was really fun, and sang all kinds of praise for Yao. I believe that was the game Yao pimped TMac over to play in Houston.

Time has changed, TMac is gone, and Yao is hurt and not wanted. Hopefully Rockets will win, and they both play well.

For those who tried hard to repeat the same "joke" for several pages, hoping both get injured, in the name of supporting the team, hope your team is Houston Rockets and Rockets players hurting does benefit you.

15. SunsRocketsfan

thanks for the videos..
    its the only time we get to see a effective yao is in practice drills.. You definitely can tell he is a polished big man with his jump shot when compared with someone like Jordan Hill.. Hopefully Hill can learn a few things from Yao. But unfortunately I am beginning to feel sick just watching all these Yao practice come back videos. If he suffers another injury after this I think he just needs to look at retiring.

16. rox81

rox81 Member

Hopefully they take 24-minute limit off, he overdoes it, sustains a career-ending injury, and lets us finally rebuild and move on.

The post-Yao era needs to start now.

17. rox81

rox81 Member

"the 24-minute limit", that is - my bad.

18. rox81

rox81 Member

Why does Yao look so lame doing post-up drills? He just doesn't have the natural fluidity and grace of an NBA player. Time to fire his ass.

19. Felece

Felece Member

:rolleyes: Hes 7'6... dont need to do a dream shake every time he wants to get off a shot... He makes Dwight Howard look the same height as Chuck Hayes

20. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Honestly how suprised would any of you be if they both got hurt in the game?