1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao expressed his dissapointment with the Rockets' outside shooting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Mar 21, 2006.

1. declan32001

declan32001 Member

terse I really like your analogy and completely agree with your conclusion but
    I don't want to derail this thread because there's some interesting stuff going on here. I'm just not sure who's disagreeing with whom, or why. :p

2. joggler

joggler Member

For Italy

3. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

See, Avery Johson is doing what I suggested, DT or TT Yao from the very begining of the game. By sheer dumb luck we hit 3 3's in the first quarter and they missed all jumpers, we are up by 3. But we only scored 14 pts in 10 minutes. That is a sure receipe to beat Rox. Now Yao is on the bench, we are running offense cluelessly. We have NO offense game other than letting Yao and Tmac take control. JVG's done NOTHING to coach our offense.

4. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Give me a nba team, i can beat the rox by 20+ pts. Once I put three guys on Yao and effectively take him out of the game, the rest of rox look uglier than my ****.

5. terse

terse Member

No problem. Though I thought I was being on topic, if we expand the subject slightly to ask, "why is Yao suddenly being so much more outspoken?"

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Haven't we all?

7. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

next season with t-mac and yao playing together hopefully at full force, we most definetely are going to need sum great shooters from the outside. a player that had a great shot like wesley person.

Also, our three point shooters have no reason to not be able to make it to next year's three point shootout. With all the attn T-mac and yao will receive, its gonna lead to a lot of wide open 3s. If these players cant hit them 42% of the time...hell....LET ME PLAY!! I could guarantee I'd make atleast 35% of my 3s. haha

8. mil

mil Member

You said that JVG knows that our guys can't shoot and are not going to outscore anybody.If your guys can't outscore anybody,then how are you going to win regardless how much emphases you put on defense?

9. TMAC888

TMAC888 Contributing Member

Texas Stoke .... Chinese YAO Hater..

over.

10. kfgan

kfgan Member

I think the correct translation should be "When we can't shoot from outside, we have to attack the rim every offensive possession and too many people are defending me." I'm not sure that report is reliable, though.

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

JVG's dream is to average a points against of 76..

before that happens, there will just NEVER be enough
    emphasis on the Rocket's defense..