1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao can be a free agent in 2010...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ccjj, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

Damn. It's really frustrating to read those idiotic posts. Idiots don't know a damn thing about China and they keep churning out piles of shi---t.

2. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

As for those idiots who think Yao is nothing more than a money cow, I do hope they send Yao to somewhere esle to win a RING. The Rockets will never be a real contender with an owner who deems luxury tax as radioactive. A mean owner won't bring you a ring.

3. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

You don't exactly represent the majority---nor am I saying that Yao would act like the majority.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I see that every summer they have him doing something for his country when it's not physically in his best interest. I applaud his devotion to his country and I wish that our athletes had the same devotion. But anyone that doesn't see that China is more interested in Yao the product than Yao the person is foolish. Are you telling me that they didn't get a huge chunk of his contract and that they don't make anything off of his endorsement deals? If they don't I'll apologize to the Chinese government right now for my idiotic post.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

What's with all the racism sht in here? Yao has to stay to prove Chinese ppl prefer "loyalty" than "money"? WTF is that! :mad:

6. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Yes, your post is idiotic. Financially, yao needs China more than China needs him.

7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Oh by the way, it's not racist to call Yao a cash cow, so is Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade. Anyone that has huge marketing deals makes them a cash cow. Yao just happens to be unique in the fact that he is the face for a country with a population that is rivaled by none.

My comments were not intended to be taken as racist, but that doens't mean I agree with the way that China uses Yao. I won't appologize for that, unless once again someone can tell me they don't get a good chunk of his contract and endorsement deals.

8. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Most of them are chinese racists. Now you see, every race is full of both good people and nasty ****s.

9. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

What would China do if Yao refuse to play for Chinese national team? Put him into jail? Fine him? Tell me how China can get a part of his contract?

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

There is no chance Yao ever leaves the Rockets. Zero.

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

See Spurs, San Antonio.

12. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Thank you for the good news, Yao's agent. :rolleyes:

13. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I don't know what they can or would do, but I'm pretty sure they got close if not more to half of his first contract and quite a bit of the second.

14. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

you don't know .. but you are pretty sure.
    you show people what a brainwashed idiot is.

15. john7199

john7199 Member

Lets see if it is truly happen and how rox goes. I bet rox will be the next Chicago

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

So are u saying losing yao is like losing jordan? Gimme some of that crack when u finish.