1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Breaks Foot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Yeah, because the last thing we need is yao getting more game experience. We should have rested him the last 3 years right? He should never play until we are almost assured a road to the NBA finals. Maybe next year we shouldn't play him until game 7 of the finals. Man.. I hate the idea that he shouldn't be playing whatever braintrust came up with that idea should be hung from the rafters in the place of any championship banner we might win by playing our guys.

Part of learning to play in the NBA is playing in games that seem meaningless. Like game 32 or 42 when a team is out of it... only to make a run to the 5th seed in the playoffs. What a joke that philosophy really is.

I wouldn't want any player be it Yao, Tmac or even Hakeem, playing on my team if he asked to sit out a game because it was meaningless. Come on guys... did you really expect JVG to go to Yao and say "hey big fella, i'm gonna rest you the rest of the season?" If he had I would expect to see some of that new found emotion pounding him into the ground like a cartoon. It happens in sports.

Also in a side note, I suffered a hairline fracture and walked around on it and even played soccer for 3 months before they found it. It took about 6 weeks in a walking cast to heal so this shouldn't be that big of a deal, though granted I'm 6'2 185 not 8 feet tall.

Mike

2. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Yeah, with the 20+ pts he's been putting up night after night the preperation he would need in any other forum pretty much becomes useless. Exactly what is he going to learn at the CNT's training camp? I can assure you that the experience he gets by playing against NBA competition especially the bigs of the NBA is more valuable than anything he can get anywhere else. Not only that he learned this year how to be THE MAN. This wasn't the Franchise and Yao show, nor was it the Tmac and sidekick show, this was the Yao show. Yeah they didn't win at an impressive clip but yao did about everything that could be asked of him. Oh and the CNT isn't the most important thing here IMHO. He'll automatically be the best player on the CNT even if he plays on a broken foot. Even for the CNT, the best thing that can happen is Yao getting some more rest.
    Mike.

3. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Or what? Lol, are you going to go tanya harding on him? hit him in tha ankle with a baseball bat? I'm sure he'll do what he can to get back, but perhaps if he's not healthy its better for all concenred to let his body get some much needed rest. Geesh people need to realize that he's an athelete, which is a human, not just a robot designed to represent the Rockets, China, or any other single entity.

Mike.

4. nappdog

nappdog Member

Holy Crap!!!!! How does this not scare anyone?

5. thomastan

thomastan New Member

1Maybe Yao need good shoes.Reebook should do something.
    2Yao can get a good relax for the next season.
    seems not too bad for the future

6. Xenon

Xenon Member

There is something here you don't seem to understand. This is a Houston Rockets message board. No one here cares about the World Championships. If you have a problem with that then you should probably find another board to post on before someone bans your ass.

7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Member

Unnecessary risk would be Yao riding a motorcycle, tightrope walking, juggling handgrenades, or alligator wrestling. He gets paid to play basketball. Doing his job isn't an unnecessary risk.

#167 Chilly_Pete, Apr 11, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Chilly Pete

Chilly Chilly Chilly

9. Panda

Panda Member

It's like a racer already lost a car race, kept driving at full speed, got himself injured bumping into a wall for all these "professionalism" and "sportsmanship" crap. Nobody gives a crap about professionalism and sportsmanship when it's said and done. People'd just remember how many points Yao scored or how many rings he had.

Stupidity is JVG's new middle name.

10. Panda

Panda Member

JVG gives up all the time, but his followers are blind to see it.

He gives up when it's down 20 points with 4 minutes left every time. He rests the starters and puts the subs in. That's tanking a game. Actully, all the coaches give up games when there's little chance to win to pretect their starters from unnecessarry risks. For the same reason, giving up on a game is analogous to giving up on a season. When there's extra bonus like a higher pick, it gives more power to giving up.

Sometimes giving up means giving oneself a chance, but the strategically short sighted persons can't see it.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

The basketball gods owe us a top three pick.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Why does it hafta be about what other people think? Maybe Yao just IS that way and wouldn't accept the words "Sit out so we can lose, Yao"

13. Panda

Panda Member

Yao's been a good soldier in all of his career. He lowers his head and listens to JVG's barking all the time. He takes BS calls and protests timidly. He's a soldier and takes orders. That's his personality.

14. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Member

you said it.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Let's hope it is this year and not next.

:D

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

I don't think it works that way. The only spots that are "open" for people to move into are the top three. That is why during the draft lottery, you will hear them say that Team X has "moved up" because a team that statistically should have been in the top three was moved down to that team's spot.

Basically, we have a shot at the top three, but otherwise we will get the pick based on our position in the standings.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Are you kidding me...This is just the icing on our cake for our crappy season...THere has got to be some big changes in the off season, including the coach...

18. tm2k06

tm2k06 Member

Anyway,it only sucks 2months,
    ........ The BIG monster will be back..

19. sammy

sammy Member

The coach is fine....did you watch the game last night. We almost won with a team full of role players. JVG is a good coach.

20. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I signed up 2 weeks ago (maybe less) ..and I already have 100+ posts... probably 50 of of my 100 posts were : TANK TIME BABY, REST YAO, PLAY YOUNGSTERS, SEASON IS OVER... and anybody who bashed you because you want to tank is stupid... even CLUTCH wants to lose every game left ... please, why r we trying to win.. there we go now, Yao broke his foot .. so instead of working out this summer he'll be going through rehabs and working on everything from the zero... so thank Y'all (PLAY FOR PRIDE, PLAY TO WIN) guys... y'all got what u want...