1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Breaks Foot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. YallMean

YallMean Member

First off, this sucks.
    But looks like the nature of this injury isnt so bad that it's going to threaten Yao's career. It's hard to blame anybody for an accident. The good thing is it happened now rather than during the season or pre-season. Yao has plenty time to recover and rest. Hope he gets well soon.

2. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Amare could walk and run, so he played and he is set back even further.

Malone could walk and run, so he played and he almost missed the whole season last year :D

It should be a mandate that every time you have a shred of suspecion that yao injured his feet, you take him out and let the trainer check on it or take a x-ray. Especially when you are playing meaningless games.

3. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

4. canoner2002

5. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

6. Amel

Amel Member

can you hit caps lock

:mad:

7. JoeBarelyCares

For those of you who thought holding Yao out of the rest of the games (prior to last night's injury) was a realistic option from the Rockets' standpoint:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/basketball/14312745.htm

Garnett, Davis benchings draw NBA's attention
    League unlikely to penalize Wolves, though

BY RICK ALONZO
    Pioneer Press
    The NBA on Monday began looking into the Timberwolves' use, or lack thereof, of Kevin Garnett and Ricky Davis.

Garnett and Davis, Minnesota's top two scorers, didn't accompany the team on a three-game road trip that begins tonight at Memphis. That makes it more likely that the veterans have been shut down for the season.

With the Wolves' final five games against teams in the playoff hunt, the NBA is worried about competitive balance.

The league review is unlikely to produce any penalties. The reason: the new active/inactive list policy. Teams can essentially place any player on the inactive list.

In the past, teams needed a legitimate medical reason to place players on the injured list.

Garnett and Davis didn't play in Sunday's home game, Minnesota's 84-83 victory over Atlanta, with the official reasons being listed as medical for both Garnett (right knee tendinitis) and Davis (left groin).

The Wolves were eliminated from playoff contention last week.

Minnesota coach Dwane Casey has denied trying to protect the team's conditional first-round pick, which will go to the Los Angeles Clippers as part of last summer's Marko Jaric trade if the Wolves don't draft in the top 10 after the NBA lottery is determined in May. The more losses, the better the odds of picking high.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

I knew the minute this happened (the break) that all the "Tankers" were going to pile on, nearly PROUD of themselves that this happened, and they would have their ammunition.

Go ahead and put me in the group of folks that can't understand why anyone thinks that JVG should have "Seen this Coming" and that Yao should not have seen any time at all after nearly a month ago. It's just ridiculous. I have posted elsewhere here about my opposition to the notion of tanking, though tempered it with the agreement that perhaps Yao's minutes should be somewhat reduced. How do we know Yao wasn't going to come out at the half? We don't. Maybe he was testing the foot to make sure he was ok from the night before. Maybe he shouldn't have been in this game... Whatever.

I would just say that patting yourself on the back, after seeing Yao's injury, really irks me. THINGS HAPPEN. I could have happened to him in a practice, over the summmer, in WC, whatever. Quitters and worriers, they all seem to be, to me.

And this is just depressing:

This attitude just stinks.

9. michecon

michecon Member

Part of it, is that Yao has been such an iron man in his first 3 seasons. Whenever something happens to him, he can always seem to walk it off. It lures us to think: He's still playing, he'll be fine.

10. canoner2002

^^I am not proud, I am not happy, I am :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is proven again that it is harder for people to get over something when they are proven wrong.

It is harder for people to admit "I was wrong you were right" than to say "you were wrong but I forgive you".

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look, better this happens now then in the summer.

DD

12. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Member

MAYBE HE HAS THE SAMUEL L JACKSON DISORDER AND CAN'T HELP BUT YELL. DO NOT DISCRIMINATE!

13. Almu

Almu Member

Nice and simple.

14. canoner2002

what is the logic?

suppose you were free today, you decided to drive 2 hours in Manhattan for absolutely no purpose and then you crashed the car, are you gonna tell yourself "better this happens today then tomorrow" ?

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Member

This analogy works....

if...

the driver of the car is a cabbie, he gets paid to drive a cab, it's his job, and he was about to go on vacation for a week. Luckily, the cab can get fixed at the mechanic's while he's on his hard-earned week's vacation.

;)

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

hopefully it means he wont play over the summer

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

Well, at least he can still drive a cab, since it's his left foot.... unless of course it's a standard. (would have to be a big cab, too, one of those older ones that were so big, or maybe one of the minivans).

18. canoner2002

in our case, the cabbie was driving full speed with no customers in sight when he crashed the car. In stead of going to Bahamas, he is spending his vacation at home walking with a crane. If I were his boss, I'd ask him "are u out of your ****ing mind"?

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look, it happened, deal with it, glass is half full....we get a better draft pick, the young guys get more PT, Yao gets more rest.

We weren't going anywhere this year anyway.

So, as long as it is not a chronic condition....no worries.

DD

20. boomer83

boomer83 Member

From your history

I thought you would be happy that we have both Tmac and Yao injured

I mean you never liked them, right?