1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

yankees fan

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Armyvet2017, Jun 23, 2022.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If you are in fact a veteran

Thank you for your service

Armyvet2017 likes this.
  2. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

I dont think first base is a issue. The addition of Rizzo has been a huge upgrade. Moving Torres over to second base has paid huge dividends for us. I think pitching although been great could be better. Our bullpen has better this year than years past. But we could use some additions there. Offensively Gallo has not lived up to expectations. To many strike outs.

3. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

I am a veteran. Served in the U.S army for six years before i seriously injured and was medically discharged

4. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

5. raining threes

I thought Yankee fans were still all locked down because of the COVID.

Nah, the world couldn't be that lucky.

King1 and Marshall Bryant like this.
  6. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

I respect your feelings. I am not a fan of the Astros but I have tremendous respect for them. I love my team as much as you love yors.

mikol13, msn, Slyonebluejay and 4 others like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

8. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Welcome to the board.

Keep showing respect and solid posts/questions/responses and you are welcome.

Only good can come from this kind of respect, openness, and communication among fans of different teams.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I absolutely hate the Yankees. HATE. That said, I prefer to be able to talk with fans of other teams without all the dumb drama.

Yankees have been nothing short of impressive this year. I’d love to see this matchup in the postseason yet again.

First things first this weekend, though.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I would say the Yankees have earned the 1st half #1 power rankings.

I am looking forward to this series to see how the two teams compare and perform against each other.

I am not looking forward to the disrespectful fans yelling ( and worse) at Altuve. He simply does not deserve that and it burns me up. To a lesser extent Bregman, Yuli and others but I can accept that to a point. Express your feelings just don't be violent, disrespectful, or crude.

Both teams have weaknesses that need to ( and will) be addressed before the playoffs.

It's good for what it is but lots will change by October.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Remember a movie titled Damned Yankees? That was because they had a monopoly on great players at the time. It is now more competitive, so many of your fan-mates look for excuses for failure. It's natural after so much historic success. But they usually conveniently forget the reasons for that former success.

That said, only the Cubs are less hated in my book. To me, 'Damned Yankees' goes back further than the baseball team.

12. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

I look forward to see how this season plays out. It will be fun to chat with all of you. I expect friendly trash talk as well. After all I am a hated yankee fan. Lol

13. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Trojan horse, serpent and forbidden fruit, Cypher and Neo. This just can't end well.

14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Idk man, it's a damn solid team and they have crushed good and bad competition alike.

Sure, there's more of an aura to 98, but that's because of the stardom and dynamic of some of the players. The individual performances right now aren't that far off.

The thing that is hard to figure is how nearly every Yankees starter is having a 2017/2018 Charlie Morton style renaissance. It's one thing to have a single guy outperforming career numbers like that, but 3-4 guys? Hard to imagine it's sustainable, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Can't imagine you are going to distill the bad blood, but it's a fair post nonetheless.

Idk how most Yankees fans feel about the series, but I know most of us are concerned and watching with hopeful anticipation. We also feel like we are getting ****ed with a 4 gamer at NY followed by a single game at MMP and then a double-header at MMP right after the All-Star break followed by a road trip to Seattle.

16. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

All I know is that I have not missed a game thus far. I am just going to enjoy this great season thus far and what ever happens, happens

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

New Yorkers suck.

18. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Armyvet,
    You in NY or Tex?
    I'm an Astros fan misplaced in Albany, NY.

19. Armyvet2017

Armyvet2017 Member

I live in florida

raining threes likes this.
  20. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Let me guess. Somewhere between Melborn and Vero Beach?