1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Yang Yi] The Rockets are trying every means to trade T-mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaoterminator, Jan 14, 2009.

1. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

No matter how close your friends are, you don't tell your team's secrets to news reporters. Yao has not been that stupid.

But you can totally believe in the article if that makes you feel good.

2. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Rockets would be stupid to trade Tmac now. His value lowest it can be and Morey knows better than to trade when stock is low.

3. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

The thing is, Yang Yi doesn't write everything he knows. Yao's secret is same with him. That's why Yao trusts him.

See this part.

" 至于麦迪,我只是希望这件事能有一个理想的结果。在休斯敦的更衣室里发生的那些故事,我从来没有写过,将来有一天,你们都会知道 实情。麦迪已经失去了在更衣室里的尊重,如果想得到别人尊重,首先你必须尊重和完成自己的工作。"

"As for T-mac, I just hope this can end well. I never wrote about what happened in the Rockets' locker room. One day, I will let you guys know the true story. T-mac has lost respect in the locker room. If you want to get respect, you should first learn to respect and finish your work."

As for another CCTV commentator Yu Jia, you may have the same kind of skepticism about his closeness to Yao. Just let u know that in Yao's first season in NBA, he asked Yu for a favor, a task Yu was not allowed to screw up. Yao really really trusts Yu.

It is a different culture. Chinese athletes and reporters can be way much closer than their American counterparts.

4. newengland

newengland Member

I actually smell media conspiracy. Classic tasteless/classless journalist work.

5. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

i don't think this guy will lie to us ,most of the time his post is fair and factual,
    i think really there is sth in this team at this moment

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm not so quick to discount this info/blog just because it's from a Chinese source. On the contrary, over the past 5 years there have been numerous instances where the Chinese source has been quicker to report or more accurate about the Rockets than our own domestic sources.

7. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Who says Yang is Yao's "buddy"? WTF? Where'd you get that information? :confused:

8. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Yang Yi hasn't got a chance to have an exclusive interview from Yao for about 3 years. Yeah, they were buddies, but I doubt they still are.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

they're not trading mcgrady, they know they can't win without him. get over it he's here for at least the rest of the year

10. boby

boby Member

Dude, don't expect any news from Chinese source get any respect here. I once tried to translate an article about how Yao was scared by his injury condition early this season because doctors made some mistakes. I was flamed here simply because no one was willing to believe it for some weird reasons. Even if after several days Chronicle reported the same story, people still refused to believe it because Chinese media reported it first.

Let them be, only time will tell.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

To the OP

You emphasized on how close Yao and Yang Yi is on every post.

Don't you think Yang Yi is low class for spreading secrets Yao told him for the sake of interesting journalism?

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if they trade tracy mcgrady, it means they're looking forward to the future. and they probably are.

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

Chinese journalists are good at making rumors and writing story-alike sports news. People like Yang Yi is just using Yao's name to make people read his stories!

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

To the OP

You emphasized on how close Yao and Yang Yi is on every post.

Don't you think Yang Yi is low class for spreading secrets Yao told him for the sake of interesting journalism?

15. jlwee

jlwee Member

If the story is true, the management is basically judging this few weeks whether Yao can lead the team or not! If Yao successful lead the team to more wins during period probably the management will bite the bullet and trade T-mac else they will wait and see after T-mac comes back for the last dance!

16. t_mac1

you're right. IF THE STORY IS TRUE that the rockets are looking to trade tracy right now and are furiously on the phone,

they're definitely using these next 2 weeks to see if yao will finally step up to the plate to be a franchise player. last night was a good start (though the 4th tells you he can't consistently be your playmaker down the stretch so they'll need a perimeter playmaker). but yao did well. if we manage to win 65% of our games without tracy, he could likely be traded for nothing (some bad expiring contracts)

if yao shows what he has shown in the past, then look for the rockets to wait it out at least this year and see what tracy has got left. if he plays well, then the team will keep him till 2010.

however, you also have to look it from the players' perspective. tracy's contract year is NEXT YEAR. and he has said he wants to play for another contract. so i'm sure he's motivated to come back and play well to end this year and also play well next year.

if the trust is broken, i'm sure he wants to play well so he can be traded to another contender (teams on the cusp like us ala lakers for vlad/odom), not a scrub team.

if these stories are true (that the team is frustrated with him for simply half a season of suckiness, which i think is kind of unfair after he has been the only one to consistently play well down the stretch and into the playoffs), it is what it is. if the rockets are looking to move on from the tracy era, i hope they have some pathways to look into to get us back into contending real quick.

at this stage, both the rockets and tracy are simply looking out for their own benefits.

17. kevtse

kevtse Member

It's sad to be team mates of Yao. It's so easy to get traded. Everyone is gone, like Francis he got traded twice. :eek:

18. t_mac1

i think the frustration is mutual on both parts of tracy and yao.

tracy is frustrated that the past few years, it has constantly been him carrying the team.

yao is now frustrated that we have the talent to compete and tracy can't stay on the court.

it is what it is. if they can't get over it, let's move on. if the team trade tracy, the team is giving up contending until 2010 b/c whoever we get back is not going to be much of a big factor.

we'll see what will happen.

19. bbjai

bbjai Member

here is the kicker question

lets assume he doesn't get traded, we make it to WCF.

would we still be trading him

20. hartln

hartln Member

So, if what the OP said is true, I guess the "Yao wants Tracy out" thing must come from one of those Chinese sources.