1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yang Yi] The Rockets are trying every means to trade T-mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaoterminator, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

link: http://yangyi.blog.titan24.com/blog.php?do=showone&uid=299&type=blog&itemid=62966

excerpt

"麦迪的确有伤,但如果认为麦迪到了今天被千夫所指的地步只是由于伤病,这是无知、肤浅而避重就轻的。如果麦迪离开休斯敦,其实对他自己和火箭都是一种解脱。距离交易截止日期还剩下一个月,无论莫雷在媒体们面前是否公开承认,我可以告诉你们,火箭正在尽一切可能交易麦迪——这是事实,尽管最终交易不一定能达成。希望能够有一笔交易,至少能为火箭带来一些可用的天赋。"

"T-mac is indeed injured. But only the ill-informed and the ignorant would believe that injury alone makes him a public enemy. It would be a relief to both the Rox and himself if T-mac leaves Houston. Whether DM admits it or not, with one month left before the trade deadline, the Rockets are trying every possible way to trade T-mac. I can assure you that it's ture. Although it may not pan out, I just hope one trade can bring to Houston some usable talent."

Yang Yi, who works as editor at Titan Sport and commentator at CCTV, is Yao's buddy, if not always confidant.

Yang and Yu Jia, also a commentator at CCTV and close friend of Yao, mocked T-mac during last night's match.

BTW, as Chinese, of course they are biased. But Yang keeps saying that Yao needs to be more clutch before elevating to a super-star. Just let u guys know they are not always one-sided.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

HAHA, the saga gets deeper and deeper, who are we to believe?????

3. ThaShark316_28

Man this bs is buggin the rockets part of my brain....lol.

4. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

something more

" 至于麦迪,我只是希望这件事能有一个理想的结果。在休斯敦的更衣室里发生的那些故事,我从来没有写过,将来有一天,你们都会知道实情。麦迪已经失去了在更衣室里的尊重,如果想得到别人尊重,首先你必须尊重和完成自己的工作。"

"As for T-mac, I just hope this can end well. I never wrote about what happened in the Rockets' locker room. One day, I will let you guys know the true story. T-mac has lost respect in the locker room. If you want to get respect, you should first learn to respect and finish your work."

5. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

If everybody likes drama so much, pick up Shakespeare

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

While I'm sure the possibility of a trade has been talked about, and can believe Morey has surveyed interest, this article is almost certainly exaggerated if not made up.

A couple of Yao's friends were mocking McGrady! A noes! You know something serious had to happen for that!!!!

Chinese journalism ranks below hoops hype and real gm articles here for good reason.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

At one point we have to say, sources?

I'm Chinese (or more specifically Hong Kongnese as I like to call myself), but trust me sources like these are bias.

I really want the Houston Rockets to win, but man are we quick to turn on our own players. Yao has been out for a long long time, but I guess the market protects him?

8. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

I really hope you guys have the same does of skepticism about media when CNN, FOX, ABC parroted the voice of the White House and the Pentagon to make the war in Iraq sound legitimate.

You know nobody in the team. Nobody. Yang Yi knows Yao pretty well. And you think you are in a good position to rubbish Yang's article. Great.

9. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Isn't that obvious?
    Yao is the source if you need me to point it out.
    Yao was briefed about the situation when the Rockets began to seek to trade.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

CNN, Fox, and ABC are trash.

All news are trash, in this case especially FOX.

If Yang Yi knew Yao so well, then Yao sure has some pretty crappy friends to have exposed all the secrets in the box. Just look at how he wrote the article.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Obama is painting the white house black.
    Need source? Obviously Obama.

See where I'm going?
    Nothing counts as a source unless backed up by solid proof and evidence, preferably a quote.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

If true, this is great news for Rockets fans!

13. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Come on, let's pay more attention to Rocktets who are playing instead of a guy who on the injured list. We need more wins, not rumors.

14. worzel gummidge

It sounds like a rehash of Doc Rocket's posts.

15. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

I think one of the meaning of bold part might be: respect your job/work first, then got respected by others. It implies T-MAC does not care his job? :eek: :eek:

16. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Even an amateur journalist understands the importance of protecting news sourse. Otherwise u lose it. And in this case, not only a good source, but also a friendship if Yao is quoted by Yang as saying blahblahblah.

So don't be rigid. dont act like u r prof. @ Columbia Journalism School. When Yang Yi writes on his blog, he doesn't really need to follow journalistic standards.

And finally it's up to u to deciede.

17. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

fixed the bold part

I think one of the meaning of bold part might be: respect your job/work first, then got respected by others. It implies T-MAC does not care his job? :eek: :eek:

18. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

LoL you think Yao would tell this kind of stuff to a Chinese news reporter? The guy has obviously no source.

19. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Again, Yang Yi and Yu Jia are Yao's close buddies, guys he really trusts.

But u can totally rubbish the article if that makes u feel good.

20. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I dont see how this stuff could be true. Yes, the Rox may be looking to trade Tmac. They would be idiots to at least not explore it. But to think Yao is somehow spearheading the trade makes no sense. One, he doesnt seem like the kind of person to act this way. More importantly, how can he possibly say anything when his inability to stay on the court the past few years has hurt the Rox far more then Tmac's inability to stay on the court. That would be like Rafer Alston saying Brooks' inconsistent shooting is hurting the team.