1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Stars align in NBA's new galaxy !!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ramu3, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjTVgf4DcwLpEZoBGP7pTsu8vLYF?slug=mc-starmarkets022811

LOS ANGELES – On the day before this season’s NBA All-Star Game, the East and West teams ran drills together, creating a convergence of the league’s greatest players, distinguished only by the red and blue of their jerseys. When it was time for the players to separate to their respective conferences and practice on opposite sides of the court, East coach Doc Rivers shouted a reminder to Carmelo Anthony.....................

Thoughts ? Concerns ? Future of NBA ?

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

It's fine, teams will develop through drafts, unless the knicks become the NBA's yankee's itll be all right

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

NBA is the new MLB.

4. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Fine by me, I like the storylines and it's fun watching these teams for me. If there's a problem with competition, then that really just means there's too many teams and the talent is too spread out. But that shouldn't be a problem in the future with the globalization of basketball (meaning a lot more talent available).

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

My thoughts are that at the end of the day nothing will change. You will still have a few teams that can win a title each season and the rest have no shot. The only difference is players have more say in which teams thsoe are.

6. SunsRocketsfan

actually NBA is the worse than the MLB and number of teams that won the championship. Totally off the top of my head but I was listening to ESPN radio yesterday and they mentioned in the last 30-50 years or so the NBA has only 8 teams win the championship. While the MLB has like 15 and football has like 20+ or so (completely ignore my numbers. too lazy to google up the actual numbers)

7. SunsRocketsfan

Teams that can compete for the NBA championship the next 3 years

Miami
    LA
    Dallas
    Chicago
    New York
    Oklahoma
    Boston
    San Antonio

Everyone else just suck and have no chance of competing

8. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

In the later part of those 3 years maybe closer to 5 years I might put memphis in there....I like that team..Gay still has the potential to be that guy and he's showing it more and more... San Antonio's window is closing...

Put the Nets in there with Memphis too, they're up in the air. The owner said he was willing to spend money so lets see what happens, he wants dwight.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This year, sure. But Dal, SA, and even LA are really close to slipping out of their respective windows. Duncan's in his twilight, Dirk's 32 Terry's 33 and Kidd's 37, and Kobe's knee is really starting show its mileage.

Everyone on Boston's roster (aside from Rondo and Big Fatty) has a foot in the grave.

Mia, Chi, and OKC are looking very good going forward, and NYC might join them if they are able to still add pieces on the other side of the CBA.

Portland MIGHT go somewhere if they survive Roy's inevitable medical retirement and rebuild a backcourt to go with a tough frontline.

Probably shouldn't omit Orlando so quickly - for all their warts, Otis Smith has been an awfully aggressive GM.

It's homerism, but with so many in the West crumbling (add in Phoenix), but I have to believe the Rockets are a Morey super-coup away from being right back in it.