1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports Twitter] Pistons trade rights to Chase Budinger to Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m_cable, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Superly Underrated pick up. Chase is a great hybrid 4. I love this pickup, and I hate the UA Wildcats but still. Great pick up.

2. Strawman

Strawman Member

Last month he was projected to be a top 10 pick. So expect just as much.

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

from Chad Ford

The Pistons sent this pick to the Rockets. Budinger is a good athlete who can shoot the lights out, and I'm a little surprised he slipped this far. Two years ago he looked like a lottery pick. He can really help Houston with his shooting. The Rockets, for not having had any picks at the start of this thing, have had a nice draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/round?draftyear=2009&round=2

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm taking a look at some videos at him, and I'm not sure. He has the fundamentals - can shoot, pass, and it seems that he can drive to some degree. However, I really didn't see any overall tough physical play from him, which worries me slightly. It's also said that he's lacking on defense, but if Artest can't drill a defensive mindset into him, no one can.
    Not a bad deal. I'm a bit worried, but I think it'll be alright. We don't lose too much if we're wrong, after all.

5. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Nice!
    Thanks, Egghead

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He's not a 4, not even a hybrid 4.

He's going to play SF and should really have a chance to have an impact under Rick.

Go Cats!

7. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Don't forget Bizarro Spanoulis, the one that could actually play.

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

He has as 39 inch vertical so I think he comes closer than many think.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Rocket fans thought Josh McRoberts would pan out better than his draft position, too...

I keep joking that the Brent Barry pickup was more him being one of Morey's favorite players growing up than than his skillset :) Going off that thinking, Morey could browse the board to get a feel on what people like rather than what they need

10. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

After reading this.. I'm sure we are not signing Wafer again..

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

no, apparently they can't do it until after july1, at least that's what i think ESPN said..it's not dead or done it seems...

12. TCG

TCG Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks nice XD

13. forrealtuan

forrealtuan Member

14. AXG

AXG Member

NBADraft.net had Budinger going 25th overall and gave him a 95 rating. Not bad for a mid-2nd round draft pick.

15. LFE171

LFE171 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4ZryYqFmoc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4ZryYqFmoc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ahh jeez...still a steal of a pick though.

16. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Cuz he ain't black. Same with Tyler Hansborough, he would have been top 5 had he entered the draft last year.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He can match up with a lot of good 4's in college basketball. He also uses a razor scooter to get around campus.

18. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The irony that was against UH and now he plays (for right now) right down the street from them

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Do u think that U of H player will buy his rockets jersey and cheer for him in the playoffs?

Budinger reminds me of Hedo Turkoglu.

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

No Tyler was projected late lottery at best to mid 1st round.

Chase was unanimously projected as a top 10 pick his freshman year simply because of his high school hype (he was co mvp in the McAA with Kevin Durant and was a top 10 recruit)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.