1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports Twitter] Pistons trade rights to Chase Budinger to Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m_cable, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yo this white boy got some moves. But being a 34th pick, I'm not expecting too much.

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

he was expected to be a mid to late 1st rounder

3. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

if we are lucky maybe he can be our luke walton

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not impressed.

DD

5. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Just to be sure people see this video on the new page....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m_hY63vvGgI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m_hY63vvGgI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. AXG

AXG Member

Llull is the 34th pick. Budinger is the 45th

7. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Chase really slipped. I was very surprise he was available in the 2nd rounder.

8. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

He was the 44th pick. Llull was the 34th pick.
    Great value at this pick IMO. Should be a good backup SG or starting SG in the future. :)

9. jae713

jae713 Member

I've never seen Budinger play, but judging from the video it looks like he can shoot. Also he uses his height really well.

10. jgon2098

jgon2098 Member

Chase and his family must be feeling very down about being drafted so low, not to mention the trade.

I sincerely hope he can flourish under R.Adelman's system.

All the best. He was a first round pick in my opinion, same with patty mills, the Aussie Tasmanian devil.

11. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Yet you adored Novak? :rolleyes:
    That's because you have not seen him play. He came up big against big time teams this year, which I bet you didn't see either. He's an explosive vertical athlete with legitimate shooting skills and decent ball handling ability.

1 person likes this.
  12. JR

JR Contributing Member

If the other poster's information re: Budinger's relationship with Kerr and Sarver is accurate, this bought pick adds more fuel to the Suns / Stoudemire fire.

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. I'm still upset that all-star caliber players (Jefferson, Shaq, Carter ) were had for a bunch of mediocre players.

14. Tornadoofsoul6

Why did Budinger slip so far? He was projected anywhere from the 20s to low 30s. Last year he was rated as a lottery pick if he declared.

15. Egghead

Egghead Member

alright Im just speculating we got Budinger.... and Budinger is basically related to Kerr... so maybe a deal for Amare is gonna involve Chase? I hope we keep Chase, though

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=912956

Ok if you didn't know already Chase Budinger is basically like Steve Kerr's godson. Kerr and Sarver are U of A alumni with Chase's dad. Now some of these articles are from a year ago but they still mean the same thing. Like I mentioned about 6 months ago I would be shocked if Steve Kerr passes on Budinger because he's like family, not only with Kerr but with Sarver. This is similar to the Knicks situation where D'Anthony picked that one Italian guy because he lived with his father. Now it looks like Kerr is going to do the same thing by drafting Chase Budinger with the #14 pick. So just letting everyone know not to be surprised when they announce Chase Budinger as the newest player of the Phoenix Suns...

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/sports/294737.php

16. Egghead

Egghead Member

17. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

For the last time...Amare will be in Golden State.

sorry to say, but it is true.

18. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Um, before you guys put these players on the opening night roster, we should probably wait to see if they're still here after trades.

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

isnt that deal DEAD?

20. htown21

htown21 Member

You must be slow that trade is dead monkey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.