1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports Twitter] Pistons trade rights to Chase Budinger to Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m_cable, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Chase reminds me of Whitey from Me, myself, and Irene

2. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

He also looks like Screeh hahaha

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Ummm....that's a bit of a stretch. Chase is not as fluid or quick as Richard J.

I'd say he's more like Shane Battier with a better jumpshot and more athletic. Without the defense though.

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

I say he's Brent Barry in his prime

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol? Battier is a tough defensive player who isn't athletic and has only three offensive moves in his repertoire (layup, baby hook and spot-up 3). Budinger is a freakishly athletic soft offensive player who doesn't know how to defend. How could their games be similar? The only things they have in common is they have good bball IQ and they both shoot threes at a good rate.

I'd say mike miller is probably a better comparison, since miller also has good IQ and also kinda sucks at defense, and he's soft as playdough as well.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Best Case: taller, slower Michael Dickerson (If we're going U of A comparison)
    Worst Case: Dan Langhi

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I meant that Chase is similar to Battier in that they're about the same height and are primarily spot up shooters and both have only adequate lateral quickness.

But that's about it. Maybe Chase can learn some defense from Battier.

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

Well I guess we will see more of Budinger next season than expected

9. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Whats up clutchfans? Its everyones favorite slacker in the house! But my two cents on Chase. Good pick by the Rockets. But I read on here and somewhere online, that Chase is Steve Kerr god son or something, and that the Suns was gonna pick him 4 picks later at the 48th spot if the Rockets hadn't pick him. With that being said if Chase has a Donte Greene type of summer league, I'll have a gut feeling that he'll be part of a trade to get Amare over here to Houston. For some reason I don't see him sticking around here.

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

Hearing Chase Budinger has been impressive at Rockets Summer League practice (Jermaine Taylor not as much, but it's early).

http://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/2551916855

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Every time someone bumps this thread I skim it briefly and get excited. I assume its a new trade involving Budinger! Then I realize its the old original thread. :(

Seriously I wouldn't be against locking this one.

12. ty185

ty185 Member

so, he is shane battier, without shane battier's strengths, nor shane battier's weaknesses? :D

13. Egghead

Egghead Member

I would compare him to Rudy Fernandez... dunno how the battier comparison makes sense......

14. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Brent Barry makes a lot of since. Can shoot and Barry was pretty athletic in his younger days. Don't know how Barry moved without the ball though.

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Budinger killed in summer league, today.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Incredibly well, one of the smartest BBall guys I have ever watched......

DD

17. Egghead

Egghead Member

quotes on Budinger after game 1 of summer league:

"I thought (Budinger) had a good debut," Morey said. "He had some tough defensive matchups. (Defense) will probably be the area he needs to develop the most to get minutes in the NBA. But he's a smart player who knows what he can do. He can shoot it, run the floor, and overall knows how to contribute to a winning team."

"He moved his feet well, and he got into position, but then he just stuck his hand in there and gave the official an opportunity to (call) block, when he actually was in good position to get a charge," Dunn said later about what he told Budinger.

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/300552

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Damn it, who bumped this? All I saw was "Pistons trade" and then I had Rip Hamilton for Tmac all in my head.

But yeah, C-Bud played amazing.

19. Egghead

Egghead Member

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm closing this thread for the reason others have complained about it being bumped. Everytime you bump it, it seems like the Rockets just made a trade or something.

If Budinger does well, feel free to mention it in that game's thread. There's no need to keep bumping his draft thread. I'm sure all the experts that said he would be great or he'll suck in this thread can be reminded they were wrong in future threads. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.