1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Yahoo Sports Twitter] Pistons trade rights to Chase Budinger to Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m_cable, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Found some snippets of game footage...many of you will remember the ending of the second game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IuVZ6OErGFg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IuVZ6OErGFg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TBMOUGir0o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TBMOUGir0o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Has there ever been a quick or fast 6' 7" white guy?

[​IMG]

#262 Dubious, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  3. MandM's

MandM's Member

he looks like screech

nice move rockets

4. blender

blender Member

It's not fair to judge Budinger just by these videos, but I didn't really see the above average jump shooting and rebounding Budinger is supposed to have. In these two games at least, he didn't really seem to be looking for his shot much, and he didn't use his body to box out opponents or beat them for the rebound. Maybe that's why he gets criticized for not being physical enough?

However, I did like in the multiple ways he was used in Arizona's offense, bringing up the ball, passing, using picks, posting, spotting up at the three-point shot, etc. He seemed integral to and very involved in what was going on.

5. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

dude why would use these two videos to showcase? They bring back such horribly disappointing memories for me :eek:
    But FYI, the maker of these videos, coniel, have made a LOT of UoA basketball wins highlights that you can check out if you want. I myself have watched some of the highlights of games I missed.

But if you wanna see some of Chase's athleticism in action like I mentioned, watch the second video at 1:25, where he comes from behind 3/4 of the court from the other end and manages to "block" the shot. He might not be super quick, but there's no doubt that he can run the floor with good speed.

6. ABsuperstar

ABsuperstar Member

Chase is a good prospect and a steal where we got him.

7. ClutchCityReturns

I also liked that he showed some versatility, especially in terms of bringing the ball up. However, he rarely made an aggressive move once he got past half court. He also gave the ball up with time winding down on the shot clock in a couple of instances. That tells me that he may not have the confidence to take a big shot in big situations. The one he took at the end of the first video looked a little forced...like he wasn't comfortable being put in that situation.

It also looked like he had some mental issues on defense as well. He would rotate too slowly, or simply not react quickly enough to drives. There were several times when the man in his portion of the zone would get way too much space, although Chase did a very admirable job of closing out due to his size and leaping ability.

Sorry to stir up bad memories, but those are the only "uncut" videos I could find of Arizona game action. I looked at the guy's video collection, but didn't see any other Arizona games on there...not even highlights. Think you could link me to them?

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/coniel

9. ClutchCityReturns

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

44th from Detroit-Chase Budinger
    Although he free fell on draft day, to many he was considered a Top 20 pick. He's 6'7 and played Small Forward for Arizona where he averaged 18 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game. He also shot 40 percent from downtown, which could be very valuable in the Rocket's system. Immediate contribution is what the Rockets are going to look for this following season from him, and I expect him to deliver, making the Rockets A+ bench even better.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/207111-rockets-win-in-draft-with-no-picks/page/2

The Rockets received a project point, and two ready to play wings, for a future second rounder and only three cash packages. Otherwise known as, A STEAL. This gives them breathing room if they decide to trade Tracy McGrady and not re-sign Von Wafer who's stock will be high this off-season.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/207111-rockets-win-in-draft-with-no-picks/page/3

11. mc-fine

mc-fine Member

Man I totally forgot about Joe Alexander. Did he do anything this year?

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not really. Those stats aren't horrific, but keep in mind that was for the Bucks. But then, he did play behind Richard Jefferson. Maybe he'll get more PT this coming year.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I heard Skiles didnt play him because he lacked defense.

Skiles played Luc Richard Mbah a Moute a lot more because of his defense and he was a SF/PF behind jefferson and charlie V

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this guy looks sort of soft. seems like he was getting nervous when friedman was interviewing him about those "tough" questions he faced about his toughness.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

He doesn't have any offensive game at all. He can dunk with the best of them, but he lacked ball handling skills to get to the lane and be able to dunk it. Not only that, he looked lost on offense and shot really poorly from the perimeter, hence the abysmal stats. If only he was a few inches taller and had a bigger frame, he'd have made a heck of a pf.

16. tfvic

tfvic Member

lets go chase!!!!! my boy!

17. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

A friend of mine likened Budinger to "A more athletic Adam Morrison without diabetes."

I haven't really seen Morrison play, but do you guys think his comparison is accurate?

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Budinger is our new starting SF! Artest is gone.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Probably posted earlier, however, I see Steve Novak all over again. Can'g guard his shadow.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

Chase is waaay more athletic than Steve Novak. Novak's ceiling was a role player. Chase could become a lot more.

What's with all the white to white comparisons?

How about Richard Jefferson with a better jumpshot? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.