1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YAHOO SPORTS/Houston Rockets court Chris Bosh with iPad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by southernjustice, Jul 1, 2010.

1. southernjustice

http://www.appolicious.com/sports/articles/2247-houston-rockets-court-chris-bosh-with-ipad

While NBA franchises jump through hoops to create more salary cap room for this year’s crop of elite free agents, the Houston Rockets are incorporating the iPad as part of the team’s full court press of forward Chris Bosh.

On Thursday, the first day NBA teams can officially recruit players, the Rockets tech-savvy general manager Daryl Morey used a personalized iPad to showcase video testimonials to the Texas native. To Rockets fans, heartfelt pitches from the likes of Yao Ming, Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler made to Bosh represent slam dunk programming compared to anything that can be downloaded on the new Hulu Plus iPad app.

Bosh, who could easily palm Apple’s 9.7-inch tablet computer, is certainly no rookie when it comes to the iTunes App Store. A year ago, the Chris Bosh iPhone app debuted to give fans of the soon-to-be former Toronto Raptor daily updates and statistics as well as access to his active Twitter feed where he has more than 133,000 followers.

In this year’s jump ball of twenty-something free agents - the crop also includes LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Amar’e Stoudemire - state-of-the-art salesmanship deployed by Morey could distinguish the Rockets from other teams that can offer more attractive multimillion dollar maximum contracts. By not relying on the iPhone, Morey doesn’t have to worry about any dropped call air balls associated with AT&T’s beleaguered cellular network.

So as player agents and team general managers jam the phone lines over the next few days negotiating who ends up where, the Rockets will be working on a new sort of app that could return the team to the NBA Finals.

If it works, maybe the Chicago Bulls can use a Google Android device to seal the deal with LeBron James?

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LMFAO, Morey is the awesomest ever!

1 person likes this.
  3. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Member

Nice! Morey is a smart business man to say the least... Oh, and in before the obligatory Morey-in-MSG picture :grin:

4. 757

757 Member

I lol'd when I first read about this. Chris Bosh already had an iPad, I'm pretty sure, but I'm he appreciates his new personalized iPad from his new boss! :grin:

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about as far as NBA free agency goes. Bosh would make as much here as anywhere else.

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

What are the rules on gift limits in recruiting in the NBA? I mean a regular IPAD retails starting at $500 for the cheapest model, and I suspect they didn't give him the cheapest model if they bothered to personalize it. It's a cool idea, but I am curious on how expensive a gift other teams are allowed to give these free agents they are recruiting.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Without iPAD and if this takes place in the 80s...i am sure Morey will push his own personal computer into the home of Bosh and show him the whole presentation. :)

8. Jimes

Jimes Member

For some reason I thought the title said we're courting Chris Paul and got excited there for a moment.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. Houston_Rockets

White hands??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

PeAcE

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Chris Bosh is the white Luis Scola.

1 person likes this.
  12. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

13. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

quote from phone fail

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

[​IMG]

Need to read the Fathers take care of your daughters thread to understand

Edit: Apologize for the not so great photoshops, but I'm stuck with Gimp right now!

#14 justtxyank, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm giving this thread the highest rating I can. Can someone please send this to Morey? I'm sure he would get a kick out of it.

16. mms

mms Member

HAHAHA. Nice article. The writer is an Android hater though.

17. texascityman31

bosh is a punk

18. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I know this completely off topic and random as hell, but this made me think of Paul Mooney's infamous Negrodamus quote about Wayne Brady on The Chappelle Show...

Audience Member: Negrodamus, why do white people like Wayne Brady so much?
    Negrodamus: White people like Wayne Brady because he makes Brian Gumbel look like Malcolm X.

19. BatteryChucker

What did he give Gortat last year, a Rubix cube?

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member

best eyebrow raising moment when reading that account for me too. Rockets can only acquire Bosh by S&T, i thought that enabled us to pay his maximized salary. did i miss something dollar wise?