1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Denver plans to deal Cutler

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 31, 2009.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

No *****...Plus a 3rd i hear...People in management surprise me everyday...

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They mentioned the Titans as one of the teams going after Cutler. That would not make any sense at all since they have so much money tied up their two quarterbacks. I guess the Titans don't think Young is in their future.

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

The Bears got the Broncos 3rd. I think its a good move for the Bears. Cutler will give them a QB that they haven't had in a a while. This draft is real weak anyways.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Denver got 2 first rounders and Orton. Chicago got Cutler and a 3rd.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The Bears must have been really desperate for a QB. You don't just give up 1st round picks like that. You typically expect a 4-5 year starter out of your 1st rounder.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That's the understatement of the year.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not really considering they're about equal. Nearly the same age, similar talent, similar trade value but they are definitely different players. The problem is Denver tried what would be best case scenario a lateral move all for what....so the new coach could get the QB he's more familiar with? The upside of that sort of move is questionable and that's placing aside the fact that Denver's dreadful defense is the real problem in the first place.

8. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Being a Bears fan and being here in Chicago, as overvalued as Cutler may seem, he is a definite UPGRADE.

Orton was panning out to be average at best, and I liked the guy, but he will be yet another backup/starter on bad team in a league that thrives on star QBs. The two first roudn picks I don't mind either, because looking at our past history and using first round picks, lets just say management hasn't done a great job using them anyways.

2008 Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt 14
    2007 Greg Olsen TE Miami 31
    2006 No Pick -- -- --
    2005 Cedric Benson RB Texas 4
    2004 Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma 14
    2003 Michael Haynes DE Penn State 14
    Rex Grossman QB Florida 22
    2002 Marc Colombo OT Boston College 29

The onnly one that panned out was Greg Olsen. You can say Tommie Harris, but he still has yet to capitalize on 1 year of good play. Colombo didn't get good til he hit Dallas and recovered from the back issues.

9. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

What part of Chicago are you in? I'm staring out the window right now in the loop at Wacker & Madison...looks like it's about to rain.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

With the signing bonus money that goes to first round players and the high bust ratio of many picks, I don't think two first rounders is that steep a price to give up for a franchise quarterback. Good move by the Bears.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Cutler does have the Tennessee connection, so it would be a hometown kind of thing. Unless VY learns to read coverages, or be mentally stronger, you can't look to rely on him.

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

When I made the comment, people were saying two 1's, a 3rd, and Orton for Cutler.

vs.

a 2nd for Vrabel and Cassel

Considering the whole fiasco was Denver wanting Cassel instead of Cutler, I found it damn hilarious.

Now, two 1's and Orton for a 3rd and Cutler isn't as funny to be honest, but I still had my laugh for the day.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Gotcha, my bad for not picking up on that initially. I hear ya, though. The whole situation is beyond peculiar especially when you look at things like this.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Unbelievable deal for Chicago. It seems like they're always looking for a QB theres not to many bettter than him...

Denver is the obvious loser anytime you lose a franchise qb...

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Michael Smith just said Chicago gave up a 3rd rounder as well and signed Orlando Pace.

16. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I don't think I would want Campbell in Detroit, he'll get knock down so many times a game where I don't think he would be able to have any success. Although it will be like that for many Qb's if they came to Detroit, thats why I think someone more mobile and can get out of the pocket pretty quick will do just find. Jay Cutler would be perfect him passing to Calvin Johnson will make a great one-two punch.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Good move by the Bears. I hope this puts them over the top and into the Super Bowl next season. Without this trade, they were no threat at all. At least the fan base can get fired up.

I can't ever remember the Bears having a QB that could be considered top-shelf. It's part of their DNA, just like refusing to pay top-money for coaches.

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Glad he didn't go to Washington.

20. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Exactly.