1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Denver plans to deal Cutler

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

it definitely looks more and more like cutler wanted out the minute they fired shanahan and/or let bates walk. BUT... they didn't "orchestrate" mcdaniels' handling of the situation: that was ALL josh mcdaniels. i think team cutler (smartly) jumped on his botch-job as an opportunity to force a trade without getting jay's hands dirty. "i wanted to be a bronco... but mcdaniels didn't want me...."

btw, i really and truly believe some of the anti-cutler rhetoric is rooted in the way he looks (and i think the same thing engulfed eli manning) - which is like a petulant little child that just sucked on a sour patch kid. am i wrong here?

so when things go bad, i believe there's an extra layer of residual rancor among fans... because my golly, cutler is far from the first athlete to orchestrate a trade over an organizational dispute, and he certainly won't be the last. magic johnson did it; john elway did itand mcdaniels set the plan in motion by spilling stupid all over the situation. yet cutler is the little whiney baby?.....

i've just never gotten that.

2. Hey Now!

sorry; hit "submit" a little early - meant to conclude with: there's a list of some great, revered players who played this game.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I agree - you stated it better than what I was trying to say. Cutler and his boy, "Bus" jumped on the inexperience of McDaniels and are trying to make him the scapegoat to cover up the petulance of Cutler.

Well a big difference between Cutler and the examples you cited in Elway and Magic - both of those guys were actually coming out of college and hadn't played a down/quarter of professional ball. I mean Kobe Bryant did the same thing (I believe) as did Eli Manning.

Cutler is not a rookie, obviously; he is just a player who was upset with the change in personnel in coaching sorta like our own T-Mac when he orchestrated his exit in Orlando. Of course, we were ecstastic to get him but I think it was safe to say that the people in Orlando were a little peeved - mainly at that stupid GM the Magic had but I would say that some of them were upset with McGrady himself. And we see what track record he has shown since he has been in Houston, haven't we? Could Cutler wind up with the same fate?

4. Manny Ramirez

I love B-Bob posts as much as anyone here but even this post was a little too obscure - you're rusty, old man. :( :(

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I hope my lions get him we need a QB really bad. We need a lot of things.

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Hey don't talk about Michigan. :(

7. Hey Now!

here's where i take issue: why is no longer wanting to play in denver petulant? he was drafted and mentored by mike shanahan and jim bates; i don't think being upset they were shown the door is anything cutler has to apologize for - ESPECIALLY if your new boss comes in and almost immediately tries to deal you for his guy.

not sure i understand your point... is it more acceptable to pull a power play as an unproven, no-skins-on-the-wall rookie?....... i'm not really trying to make an apple-to-apples comparison, anyway; just pointing out cutler is far from the first player to ever request a trade because of upper management and/or coaching. a lot of revered players have done it and aren't thought of as whiney, petulant babies who need to grow up.

(btw, it was actually magic's *third* year in the league...)

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a true friend who can speak the straight truth, Manny. I appreciate it. Cutlets are a thing for the 40+ crowd, I guess. Good monochrome meals of a bye-gone era.

Getting old is not easy, and in many ways, I am not unlike an older, non-football playing, unathletic version of Jake Cutlet.

9. Manny Ramirez

Well I'll just agree to disagree on this. I think that is part of playing professional sports - coaches change on a dime and you are always subject to being traded. Did McDaniels and Bowlen handle it in the best way - probably not but Cutler and his agent are really looking bad in this, IMO. But then again, I could be in the minority about this and that it really is McDaniels and Bowlen that are the villains. I just think it is hilarious that this kid has not done anything - he has a losing record for goodness sakes and yes if anyone knows how bad the Broncos defense has been in years, it is me. But still this guy acts like he has done something like win a Super Bowl - he hasn't even made the playoffs. Quit acting like a baby, Cutler - you are playing a game with grown men in it. You need to become one.

B-Bob,

LOL! That is the B-Bob I know and love!

#49 Manny Ramirez, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

mmmm Cutlet!

[​IMG]

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Leave it to a Lions fan to be the only one on this board to post in italics...

12. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I'm shocked that you didn't use Yoo-hoo! Sports in the title

13. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9403016/Cutler-speaks:-'I-didn't-want-to-get-traded'?MSNHPHMA

Cutler said he didn't want to be traded..............

My 5 words to sum up the Cutler fiasco:

Bowlen's fault from the beginning

Think about it when he was interviewing for coaches, he should have told every candidate that Cutler is the QB for the Broncos from 09 and beyond. You will learn to work with Cutler and not trade for anyone else. Everything could had been avoided if Bowlen made that cleared to the coaching candidates in their interviews.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Latest news...

Broncos are supposedly demanding 2 first round picks.

The Redskins have suddenly emerged as the front-runner and are looking to ship out Jason Campbell to help matters.

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I guess its doable. Campbell is a decent young QB that could work out. Thats a maybe though. Two first rounders? Don't see that happening.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't understand why teams are so reluctant to give up 1st rounder especially for a QB. You might get a starter with a 1st rounder, but you might get a bust you have to pay a lot of money to. I much rather have a guy who can be a all star than a 2 starters.

17. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

You're right, he is a pro-bowl talent, but that is still a lot. If they give up Campbell and a first thats a decent trade for both sides.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Let me clarify, I don't think the Broncos are interested in Campbell.

The Redskins obviously wouldn't trade for Cutler and keep him though, so he'd probably be dealt to another team in desperate need of a decent QB.

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

god what a panzy

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

OK, but would that really happen? Why would Washington deal for Cutler and then just turn around and deal him again?