1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Denver plans to deal Cutler

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 31, 2009.

1. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

LOL, thank you.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'll post what I posted in the Astros/Texans forum:

Congratulations, Josh. Before your very first game, you've managed to alienate your Pro Bowl QB and run him out of town. Best of luck with Chris Simms this season!!

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

If only Jay Culet was a football player.

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I would love Cutler over Carr 2.0

5. MadMax

In no way is Schaub Carr 2.0.

but Cutler is an upgrade to Schaub, I think...mostly because he's younger and cheaper (i think)

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They could probably get Vince Young for him.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If you seriously think that the Broncos are going to start this season with Chris Simms (who hasn't thrown a pass since 2006) as their starter, then I don't know what to tell you other than there is probably a 10% or less chance that Simms will actually be the Broncos starter.

As a lifelong Broncos fan, I have a theory on this - I believe that Cutler cooked up this whole thing because he is pouting like an infant that Shanahan and the O-Coordinator, Jim Bates, got fired. Maybe McDaniels didn't handle some things that well but I really believe that this situation is more to blame on Cutler's and "Bus" Cook's part. I mean, when the organization wants to talk to you and you insist that your agent has to be there at that meeting- what in the hell does that tell you?? It tells me that the player along with the agent are trying to engineer an exit out of town.

I would love to see Cutler, the baby, be shipped off to Detroit and get his ass sacked and pummeled on a regular basis. Even if that means, that the Broncos have to suck for a couple of seasons with Stafford (they better draft him instead of Sanchez), then so be it. It would be worth it to me to see Cutler pull an EPIC FAIL in Detroit, maybe even see a career-ending injury. Sorry, but this type of prima donna behavior absolutely pisses me off with today's athletes. I mean Pat Bowlen doesn't have to "accomodate" him. He could very well keep him on the team and not ever let him play. The Broncos are doing him a favor by trying to get rid of him. If I was Pat Bowlen, I wouldn't be so nice.

Just don't get idiot Jeff Garcia to be the starter or go with Simms. Hopefully, they get Stafford or Brady Quinn maybe even Matt Leinart. One person suggested Cutler and the Broncos 1st to Carolina for Peppers and Delhomme. I wouldn't mind that deal but I don't know how feasible it really is.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't watch the Broncos or Cutler much. But why is he so highly thought of by some? Even understanding all the tangibles are there, it looks like he was middle of the pack last year in terms of performance.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Trade him for Vince Young and have the two most UT-fan alienating QBs in BBS history on the same team.

10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

also I found out today that Cutler is 13-1 when his defense held its opponents under 21 pts or under.

11. MadMax

his defense was awful.

he was a pro bowler last season.

he's a good, young QB.

12. MadMax

It's funny you say this, because the life-long Broncos fans I know from Denver are pissed off at McDaniels

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I have heard some minor rumblings about possible Cutler-McNabb deals. I hope it stays at that, just rumors.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

but his QB rating put him at 16th best last year...which is still decent, sure, but nowhere near my position deserves not to be upgraded good, especially when the guy they were trying to get finished 11th in QB rating.

I openly admit to (i) not watching Cutler a lot, (ii) not knowing some of the more advanced QB metrics now in use, and (iii) not being a football or QB expert.

Just a casual NFL fan who watches the Texans regularly, so knows their opponents the best.

15. MadMax

hey remember when david carr had a super high QB rating? that was totally sweet. :)

i'm not saying he's the best QB in the league. i'm saying this whole thing was handled so ridiculously bad by the broncos it's silly. i'm guessing cutler wasn't thrilled with being lied to...."we didn't try to trade you...wait, yes we did."

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I am also one of the very few life-long Broncos fans who wanted Shanahan gone. Of course, many are saying now that Bowlen firing him was a mistake but that is only because how Cutler and his agent, "Bus" has orchestrated this whole thing. Once again, I find it very suspicious that the player can't talk to the organization without his agent being there - puleaze.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

News media and people in D/FW are asking about a trade scenario involving Romo for Cutler. That's a joke.

Cutler wouldn't last 20 seconds in a Cowboys uniform under all the scrutiny...especially if he gets all bent out of shape over whatever it is he is so ticked off about (a bad meeting with the coach was it because they were looking at how the team could get better possibly by trading him).

So, he wants to go to a team that never brings his name up in a trade...because that is being disloyal? What a joke! It's a damn business.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There is speculation that the Redskins could be a dark horse in picking up Cutler. They have a #13 pick and could offer their young quarterback, Jason Campbell, as well. They could also easily go after Mike Shanahan in 2010.

19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

He wasn't pissed about being traded. He was pissed because they said that they were not in trade talks and then he comes to find out that they were lying to him. No one likes to be lied to.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

His value is greatly inflated by the subconscious positive association that all men (especially men in NFL management positions) have with the word "cutlet." It is very far down there on the brain stem, and we start to kind of think of veal with gravy and what have you. And suddenly you are saying things like "he is not a bad QB -- he might do well on my team!"