1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets have inquired about Marcin Gortat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 17, 2010.

1. markus4040

markus4040 Member

Haha, Portland in the mix with us again huh?
    Gortat would be a great addition at MLE money. Wasn't that what we were giving Ariza? ;)

2. gah

gah Member

It's the other way around, Orlando is a desperate team, but Washington should be more desperate in getting rid of Arenas (his contract being 50% of the problem, the the sourness of his presence there the other one)

A)There's NO WAY Phoenix is the one taking on Lewis, if anything they'd only want expirings.
    B) I think Washington would take Lewis straight up for Arenas, they can't afford to get picky when dumping Arenas.
    C) Our best chance of getting Gortat at a cheap is if Orlando decides to keep Lewis and make Carter the main contract going out, that would force them to try to shed that hellacios payroll at any cost.

Conclusion: Carter to Phoenix and Lewis to Washington makes more sense, and I love the Albertx3Gx proposal for us, better without giving Budinger (even if it that's all he is, we need a good shooter off the bench)

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

You must have low expectations. Who the hell is Gortat? But he's definatley not the long term solution.

4. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I'd be thrilled if the team brought in Gortat and either Iggy or Wallace this season. It would be worth letting go of Brooks, Hill or Battier. A starting lineup of Landry, Martin, Iggy, Scola and Gortat, with Williams, Miller, Hayes and Lee on the bench, would put the team back in contention.

5. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

No way I'm giving up Brooks to have a huge hole at point guard. Just because Lowry has been playing great dont make me trust him starting, especially if we make the playoffs. The Rockets need to build around Martin and Brooks, and potentially Jordan Hill

6. ross84

ross84 Member

What u talking about? He is nothing more than a backup C. Ummm, we have enough of those.

7. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Uhh Ish has been playing pretty damn good too. He's being overlooked by a lot of you guys.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

Outside of Brad Miller, who are the backup centers the rockets already have enough of?

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Magic & Suns closing in on deal to send Hedo/jRich to Phx for Vince and Gortat. "90 pct" chance of it happening, sources say. Within 24 hrs
    Chris_Broussard

we are not getting Gortat

1 person likes this.
  10. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat
    Chris_Broussard

11. Htown's2kFinest

SOB.

Check him off the list.

Go get Thabeet.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Can he get some cool looking braids like you know who?

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

First the magic's owner has megabucks. He had to decide long ago going over the salary cap was not a problem for him. While they would like to lower their salary. they are not desperate or they wouldn't even consider Arenas as an option.

Okay Now we know the cost of Gortat. Veteran wings. And Arenas for Lewis is a wash. Orlando sounds like they got better. Richardson, Arenas, Turgolu. Reddick just got benched.

#173 Old Man Rock, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Uhhh, didn't you see how terrible Thabeet was last night? The best line I heard l was when Bill Worrell said that: "He looked really good walking across the hotel lobby". Which was the last time he looked good in Houston.

15. rockets934life

16. gah

gah Member

First, when I said desperate I meant desperate to shake things up they are having their worse stretch in years.

Second, I don't remember you edited your post :p.

Orlando are coming off like bandits in those deals.

17. gah

gah Member

We would still be able to step in and pry Gortat, while I see Phoenix being enticed with him, talent is not their main objective out of this would-be trade.

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Ok I guess that's accurate.

19. gah

gah Member

Let me correct myself here:
    Orlando would not come off as bandits because they take mostly albatross contracts, but they would be getting everything they wanted.

20. ThaShark316_28

Ok so Phoenix is going to do another deal...no ****ing way they keep both Lopez AND Gortat...