1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Yahoo] Rockets don't want McGrady back, continue to try to trade him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

It would be a total slap in the face to every rocket player and coach if they allow him to play

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I can't imagine Morey taking back a long term contract short of getting a near all-star back.

But if they really do trade TMac for unloading salary, it would likely mean Morey is going to skip the 2010 FA market and aim for the 2011 market(Battier and Yao's contract leave the books).

3. yobod

yobod Member

What if Tracy plays terrible on purpose again to avoid being traded then all of a sudden come February he magically plays like his old self. I bet Adelman and Morey are worried about his ulterior motives. If he plays well he gets traded, if he plays just crappy/good enough to avoid the trade deadline then turns it on.

It just doesnt look good for us

4. worzel gummidge

There's only one camp who'd leak this info... I think Morey and Adelman will be livid.

My wildest dreams for this season is for the Suns to fall apart and tear their team apart to start anew. I think it's still early enough for this to happen.

I say keep McGrady that much longer in hope of lucking out forv a Nash or even Ginobili. The Spurs aren't looking too crash hot. The latest rumors has the Spurs interested in Raja Bell.

5. pdee

pdee Member

honestly, Im getting tired of this crap...Ive been lurking on here for 3 years, and have been a rockets fan since i started watching basketball. But the whining on here and all the fabricaton thats going on in the media about tracy is just pathetic. Give the dude a couple minutes...period. You cant get in nba shape by sitting on the bench. I would much rather see him than watching trevor get ripped every other possesion. Trevor is a good compliment...he is nowhere near a playmaker. Tracy is period...the double teams he would draw alone would help this offense more than trevor attempting to slash to the basket and get stripped everytime. Not to mention...TRACY IS A PLAYMAKER. FG% doesnt have anything to do w/passing ability. I can gaurantee he is the best passer this team has...period. Length+vision+IQ (i dont care what yall think, he aint a dumb player) No one on the roster has that...in a motion offense that depends on ball movement I cant understand why anyone on here wouldnt want tracy to play. He is our best playmaker. Period. Give him a couple minutes a game...Rick is pretty much putting us in a hole, letting his pride get in the way of winning...its a lose/lose.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockets9495

You guys don't get it

1 person likes this.
  7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Just don't trade with the Knicks. That is all i ask.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

how so? mcgrady coming out and dominating and ripping it up and redeeming back to the old tmac and then them having to gulp down their ego cos mcgrady is better(MUCH better) than they've been advertising him??

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Go back to lurking...period.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm dying to know why?

Enlighten me, please.

11. yobod

yobod Member

Tracy doesn't want to be traded.
    What incentive does he have to play well until after February?

He is just going to play mediocre to avoid being traded.
    It'll hurt the team.

McGrady isn't in our future plans, playing him takes away minutes from Budinger who is in our plans. We gain nothing from playing him except maybe, maybe a few extra wins this regular season. Why disrupt our guys being able to continue to build chemistry?

12. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

BYE BYE

he is having the same trouble as AI
    should we trade him to Raptops and get bosh.......

i hope we can !!!! or maybe Jose Calderon + Bosh 4 Tmac and Cook + Lowry

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt that they would keep McGrady on the bench if they felt that he's even 90% back.

14. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

That's along the lines of what I heard too from an associate of one of our top players. There was very little respect toward #3 when this guy started talking..

15. Rockets9495

Because of the way he disrespected the entire organization for the past couple years. Nobody cares how he would play. He isn't good enough for us to win the championship so it doesnt matter.

He is the complete opposite of the ball we play now

16. daernoth

daernoth Member

Its ok to be determined to only allow him to play if he is truly back to near 100% but if they really wont give him a chance at all then they are making a mistake.

Tmac's playmaking and ability to finish at the rim could be super valuable. I hope this whole matter is over soon.

17. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Yep, don't want him back, how is that possible to trade him without showcasing his leftover in his tank to other executives for that trade to happen?

Just play him for a while, then you wanna cut him loose, just cut it, no longer cut up with this situation that the team handles abysmally.

18. parmesh

parmesh Member

Why is the thread rated 3 stars? This is a quality thread. The article is what you disagree with.

19. worzel gummidge

IMO, the best deal for that would be McGrady for Dunleavy + Foster + Diener (out 4-6 weeks) + Head (non-guaranteed).

Send Head + Diener to a third team with cash considerations, ie third team benefits by making a cash profit.

Rockets get under the tax. Dunleavy + Foster would also be expiring contracts next season.

20. Rockets9495

Its been like that. You can back me up on this. tmac is the running joke of the entire organization.

they aren't waiting on him to get 100%.