1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets don't want McGrady back, continue to try to trade him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2009.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've watched most of the 76ers games and elton doesnt have that suddeness he used to have. I mean he had a quick explosion that allowed him to play alot bigger than he was and now i don't see it. I would be careful about getting a guy like brand and i do like him. As far as martin, what does it say that as soon as you go out, your team plays better?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is why a lot of us do not want Tracy back, same exact scenario.....

DD

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Tmac got paid 45 million dollars over the last two years, and all they got was an unprofessional jackass that didn't even have the courtesy to tell his team what he was up to. The rockets don't owe Tmac crap.

4. leebigez

Just because thats what i said had 0 to do with being my guy. I don't have a guy per se. I just reported what was told to me by someone really,really close and i still don't think its far fetched given he's still doing what he's doing. If i were in this situation and knew the guy wasn't ready and he's not ready to play, i would just have him stay at home until he gets a call. Like i've said before, if tracy was healthy and felt the team is holding him down, a grievence would be filed and independent doctors would make a evealuation and then the rockets would either activate him, iverson him or trade him. It would never be this calm and this quiet.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What makes you so sure it came from McGrady's camp? Its evident from this thread (and your post) that they're not the only side leaking information.

6. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

awesome. ;)

breaking news! not really.

but still, anything that convinces you guys tracy is done, is a good thing.

7. leebigez

If they played better that would be one thing. The rockets last yr was 10-5 through 15 with a limping tracy. The kings were way under .500 with martin and at least right now is .500 or close to it. there is no comparison except in your mind.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

A grievence would have to be something that the team was doing wrong, they are paying his contract, and have medical doctors saying it is a process.

Personally, I have checked with some friends of mine who are physicians and they all say he could easily be playing at this point, but that each body is different.

I think what is happening now is the "Quiet before the storm"

Oh come on that is stupid of you to say, Donte Greene is a year older and more mature, Spencer Hawes the same....Thompson..same....

They are getting better as they mature, who is to say the same thing would not have happened if Martin played?

You are making a massive leap here Leeb, I hope that pool has water....

DD

9. leebigez

There is no leaking of info because there is no info.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he gets a chance. I really think he will buy into the team concept. I see it in the way he speaks about the team and the way he watches all the games. He knows its a different kind of ball they are playing.

He knows that to stay in Houston he must blend into things and not be a misfit in the offense.

He knows. I hope he gets a chance to show it.

And if he blows it, send his ass packing for sure.

11. worzel gummidge

Do you think Brand has declined enough that the Sixers would give up Thad Young to get rid of his contract?

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The team may have decided that he already blew it.....what should they do then?

DD

13. leebigez

We can play this any way because any because as you've said, every knee is different. He could play limited right now, 10mins a night probably, but not full speed. Like i've said before, does it not strike you the team or organization is concerned about his long term viability?

14. leebigez

They're not giving up young in any scenerio unless they get a bosh type. If it was bosh for brand and young, i could see that, but not for tracy's expeiring.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Personally, I think it is just a case as has been reported, that they don't want him, and are happy with the direction the team is going now.

They don't want to take touches away from Brooks, Ariza, Scola, Landry, Lowry and Budinger, they know those guys will be here next year.....Tmac won't...so they are playing guys that help going forward.

I know you are holding out hope, grasping at that last straw that they are protecting his long term viability, but at some point they would need to find out if he can play......right?

And since he has been playing since summer, and the team still wants no part of him....yeah....the building is on fire and some fans are just in a circle chanting...."There is no fire"....."There is no fire"......

Natural selection at work...

DD

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should send him home and not let him practice with the team.

17. leebigez

It happened when evans moved to the 2,beno at the point and martin injured. it might be a case of evans just being more of a impact player than martin. I personally like martin as a pure scorer and he gets to the line, but in some way, he may be like maggettte except smaller. i never said that was a bad thing, just a thing.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No way, they may need to play him, in case of injury...they are still paying his salary, they don't owe him any more than that.....

DD

19. leebigez

One thing i can do is look at situations without emotion attached. i don't start fires or carry the torch because most if not all situations are more grey than anything. You're trying to paint me in this frame like i give a rat's ass about tracy and i don't. I don't have any attachements to players on the rockets since dream left. Since then, i know what i've always known is that organizations do whats best for them and the players do the same, but there is 0 loyalty. I'm not holding out hope for anything, i just don't do what you do as far as looking at situations.

20. Seth

Seth Member

The more time this continues i think Morey is reasoning this way.

- Trade McGrady for something of value without taking too big or too large contracts.
    - Have him expire without playing a single game for us, and if he wants to play demand a big discount in his buyout.