1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets don't want McGrady back, continue to try to trade him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I've thought about this scenario for a couple months. Can't see Orlando being willing to do it unless McGrady somehow comes back with us and plays like gangbusters. New Orleans, Washington, Charlotte, Sacramento, Pacers, Grizzlies, Clippers, and possibly Golden State are the teams looking for salary dumps.

Murphy and Dunleavy??

Zach Randolph and Jaric??

Arenas and expiring???? (I'm interested

Chis Paul, Okafor, West, Posey????? (I'm interested)

Gerald Wallace and Diaw???

Kevin Martin and Nocioni??

Biedrins and Monta??

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If it is true that the Rockets are through with McGrady and he wants to be traded.............why is he traveling with the team on the West Coast and going through everything on the bench with them?

3. joesr

joesr Member

you guys are freaking out about speculations. Yahoo is just printing out what people think from observing. calm down

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

If the Rockets trade Tmac to get a younger player, they will definitely be getting back a bad contract. So I won't worry about the bad contract, but here are the young players I like on the Clippers and Warriors that could possibly be snatched:

DeAndre Jordan
    Al Thornton

Andris Biedrins
    Anthony Randolph

I'd welcome any of these guys with my hands open.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

if we get those two... i will j*zz my pants.. twice

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Which is why I think the national media's report on it is bogus. There is more to gain to let him walk than taking on long term contract of players that aren't really good. I do understand whay DD was saying beofre in breaking it into smaller pieces, but taking bs for the sake of bs isn't going to help. Those that think the rox will get a star in return is fooling themselves also.If they want a injury prone kevin martin and nocioni they probably can get that deal.If they want hinrich,thomas, and someone else, they probably can get that too. If they want bobby simmons,yi, and boone, they probably can get that. Other than deals like that, I don't see it.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I trust Morey to get the best deal possible....and it may be one that the average or casual fan initially thinks is bad, and turns out great.

Gonna be fun to watch though.

DD

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

*cough cough* Battier Gay *cough cough*

;)

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

McGrady's nonsense must have really pissed off Adelman and Morey this time -- to the point they aren't willing to take him back under any circumstances.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I loved that deal then, still love it now.

:grin:

DD

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Actually it was Battier for Thebo... That's who we were going to take...

And if we don't get rid of Swift in that trade, we don't have Scola... That trade opened up this team a little more that what it looked like on the surface.

12. leebigez

Like what? I personally don't think its anything to the story

13. leebigez

Swift had 0 to do with the rox geting scola. They couldve had scola,swift,landry and any other 4 we have now.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, let's see what happens. Kevin Martin MIGHT be worth the risk, but it's not as if we're going to take on, say, Elton Brand (I hope).

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Of course not it would mean they are getting rid of your guy.

Just don't get smoke inhalation from all those little fires you are ignoring.

:grin:

Hey Leeb, what if they attached Battier to the deal too?

LOL

DD

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

This comment is off topic, but I hope everybody posting in this thread has gone to the Wojnarowski's Yahoo! site and gave it at least one bump. Two is better. Like KellyDwyer, that's how he gets paid and that's how we can insights into the Rockets' operation, regardless of whether we agree. One reader goes in, two bumps come out.

17. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I agree with this if they were trying to trade Mcgrady and believed he was finished as a player for the Rockets he wouldnt of been traveling with the team. Yahoo is just spinning **** and you should all know it

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

they aren't as good as u think...

besides, wouldn't you want someone like kevin martin? or at least another elite shooting guard?

19. leebigez

I still woudn't buy it and tracy is not my guy and you know it. I don't buy into national stuff because they're linked to beat writers or bloggers. most if any ever have credibility when dealing with who is getting traded. Let me ask you this, did anyone know rafer was getting traded?

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not your guy? What? Since when???????

I mean you have been all over him saying the Rockets will sign him for 4 years at $10 million per year......

And everyone knew Rafer was being traded to the first sucker that offered a half eaten bag of doritos for him.

Heck we had to take on Brian Cook, but it was worth it for Lowry.

Expect a similar deal for McGrady...where we take on a longer term poison pill to get some value that can help now.

DD