1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Yahoo] Rockets don't want McGrady back, continue to try to trade him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the article says tracy welcomes a trade. i think he doesn' want to be in houston either. both sides are done with one another.

i think adelman doesn' want to play tracy b/c he's not going to be here much longer. so playing him for a short period can alter his rotation. tracy will just sit until a trade gets done.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think he wants to be in Houston.

3. t_mac1

even if he can, why care about a few weeks of contribution? or a month? they're actively trying to trade him.

with more things coming out, i get the feeling tracy can play EVERY GAME, BACK TO BACK, whatever. adelman and morey jus don't want to play him a few games, mess up the rotation, and have him traded and re-alter the rotation again.

but the good thing is with this news: we now have answers to this whole when will tracy come back thing. he's not.

4. t_mac1

they do all the time (trade talks, contracts...). it's their right.

if the team thinks this is the best way to handle things, as a fan, you gotta roll with it.

but i also would like to know how much mcgrady has left in his tank.

5. t_mac1

tracy has an image to repair. even if he knows all this behind closed doors, he has to "pretend" to go with the flow, be a good teammate/cheerleader... so if he comes back and play well, more ammo for getting a new contract.

6. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

NO APPLAUSE FOR MOREY ON THIS ONE! LET THE MAN PLAY DUDE! ILL BUY TICKETS TO HIS FIRST GAME BACK MANY WILL MAKE UP SOME MONEY FROM HIS CONTRACT! DUH!!!!

7. VBG

VBG Member

Honestly what the Rockets are doing to T-Mac right now is Bull.

8. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Not sure if this theory has been posted, but is anyone else starting to think that yahoo sports might be trying to "stir up" some controversity between the Rockets and T-Mac, 1st was the "official game comeback day " and now this. It's just odd to me that they are the first to report stuff related to this story. Are they even a reliable nba news source?

9. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I would sure like to know what John Weisbrod thinks of the current saga going on with T-Mac even though he's been away from the NBA for four years now and in the NHL working as a scout. After all, he's the one who traded him to the Rockets five years ago from the Orlando Magic.

One other thing, I can't see any threads on magicmadness.net concerning the current saga going on with T-Mac. Maybe it could be that members of that board could care less about it because they're pretty much caught up with the excitement of how well their Magic team is doing so far this season.

10. t_mac1

they were the first to report yao's season ending surgery too. they are extremely credible.

they were also the first to talk about stephen jackson's rift in GS, along with ellis' unhappiness.

they're easily the best place to go for breaking NBA news.

11. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Thanks, I was just wondering, hopefully this drama just gets resolved quickly.

12. t_mac1

when a trade happens, it will. at least we know mcgrady won't be wearing a rockets uni again this season.

13. Notorious_Flava

Dude just stfu..... seriously STFU PLEASE! We get it you hate Mcgrady and you think he quit on the team last year. He didn't quit last year he tried to play through pain in his knew that YOU couldn't even imagine. Stop assuming things about him and trashing him on this forum. The fact is the man wants to play, if the team doesn't want him that's fine...... but you can't trade him until he plays and other teams see that he can do them some good. So bottom line is in either scenario the rockets management and Rick need to suck up their f***ing pride and put him in. I don't want to see McGrady's career get ruined because someone else says so because I know he has something left. WTF

14. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Yeah, I'm sure thats why Rafer was playing like scheisse. He didn't want to be traded....RIDICULOUS! If you play badly to avoid getting traded, you're going to get traded anyway. What a egregious misconception you have.

15. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

What happens if we let mcgrady play and he does really good...gels with the teammates..all the stuff we want him to do. Then what...Coach is frowned upon.

Tracy Mcgrady bandwagon has begun. You can also give me the other side of the scenerio that he does bad but all signs point to him doing good. Its a contract year so he needs to do good.

Rockets want to trade him so they need him to play well. Personally no one is going to trade for Tmac until they see him play so there is no logic behind not playing him. We are currently a .500 team that barely beat the warriors.

Is barely beating the warriors "fine" to you guys?

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i'll vouch 4 Rockets9495 everything he has said i've heard also from other places including the other Big player wanting tmac gone last season.

everyone I've at least talked to associated with the team is in total disgust when McGrady's name is mentioned its painfully obvious that he just isnt even wanted anymore on the team. a few of the players may like him as a person but as a player/teammate its just gotten old

the reality is that his contract is both a blessing and a curse...its great that its huge and expiring its bad that its hard to move teams will have to give up actual talent besides a "bad contract" to even come close to making salaries match. Taking two bad salaries isnt not something Morey will do (at least I think from what I know of him)

personally i am bit annoyed at the yahoo article...sure while its their job to put info out there (which is supplied via mcgradys camp) it really hurts the team in negiotiations while most teams do know more than the avg fan of the situation in houston things like what Daryl is open to taking probably isnt as common knowledge in their NBA circles. what little negiotiating advantage daryl had maybe gone.

I'm pretty sure he isnt a fan of Adrian Woj right now after all the stories he has publish about the rockets over the past 5 months

17. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I just don't see us getting a big name in 2010. I really don't. The cap space from mcgrady's contract will be put to waste. mark my words

18. AB423

AB423 Member

I agree, let the man play. Hes done a lot for the Rockets.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Unless the Rockets can wrangle up a real "superstar" like Chris Paul (nearly impossible imagine NO trading him) or Chris Bosh (still unlikely, but more possible since he may bolt at the end of the season and leave TO empty-handed), the one thing that makes sense to me is the Kevin Martin trade that was apparently discussed but didn't go anywhere.

Martin, with his skill set and salary just seems to be a good fit with this team. The question is what other pieces needs to be traded to make things happen-- do the Rockets need to take another "bad contract" (i.e. Nocioni or Udrih) or give the Kings a pick or another player to make it work for both sides?

20. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Wait a minute. You think Chris Bosh is a "superstar"?