1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Pettitte may corroborate HGH accusation against Clemens

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by countingcrow, Jan 29, 2008.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have to believe Clemens and his wife have agreed together on this strategy. Even so, it's pretty awful he would resort to that kind of defense, if he does.

Clemen's face is morphing into Pete Rose.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Roger better be careful here, or else he may end up with:

50% of his money going to his wife after their divorce.

25% to Rusty Hardin for fees

25% left to himself.

The guy needs to check his ego, and just own up.

I hope he has discussed this "Blaming it on his wife" thing with her before he uses it. And the committee could call her to testify at some point.......

I mean come on....

DD

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

So Roger was okay with his wife taking HGH for a dumb photo shoot, but he stayed clear of such a thing when he had a chance to take it? Suuuuuuure.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's interesting is that the conversation Pettite and Clemens had where Pettite claims Roger told him he was on HGH occurred in 1999 or 2000 according to Andy. Then Roger claimed that Andy misunderstood him and that he was talking about his wife taking HGH. McNamee's claims of Clemens' wife were that he injected her before the SI shoot which was in 2003, I believe. So even if Roger's wife was taking HGH in 1999-2000, it wasn't from McNamee (assuming McNamee is credible at this point). I stopped paying attention to this thing after McNamee threw Roger's wife into the equation because it seemed like it had turned into a mud-slinging event. Now it looks like McNamee is becoming more and more credible by the day.

5. tulexan

tulexan Member

Wow, you're right. He just got caught in a lie unless his wife is a major juicer.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When McNamee mentioned Clemens' wife, I thought why would he do so if it wasn't true. He had nothing to gain by falsely throwing her in the picture.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Someone start an official hearings thread.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Also, while McNamee claims Roger asked him to inject his wife, Clemens claims he injected his wife with HGH without his knowlege. How could Clemens be talking to Pettite about Debbie's use if he didn't know about it? Unless of course Debbie was already taking HGH before McNamee got involved.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

to be fair, roger should have never went public with that taped conversation. that's when this went ugly

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That was a Hardin idea. I'm with you...after they taped it, I can't imagine what they thought was on it that would HELP their cause at all.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well apparently Pettite admitted to using HGH one more time in '04, just before season-ending elbow surgery while he was with the Astros.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3243667

I gotta say, I have a somewhat newfound respect for Pettite, since he's been pretty forthcoming and truthful during this whole mess. And it seems the public has been pretty forgiving of him.

And on the other side, Clemens is heading down a shame spiral, as each new piece of evidence or testimony seems to be against him.

12. MadMax

Isn't it amazing that the more we find out someone cheated, the more respect we have for them?? :D

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Ha yeah. And you know...I honestly respect Marion Jones for finally admitting the truth...even though it came way late. She at least seems remorseful.

While someone like Floyd Landis, in which the evidence consistently stacked up against him, kept denying any wrongdoing.

14. MadMax

Yeah...but Andy lied while making his own admission. "I only did it once."

Or not

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Andy lied about his drug use therefore he is no longer a solid witness.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Somewhere Barry Bonds is saying "Thank you Roger."

17. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Who gives a damn about Canseco's party?
    And the chairman said the reciept from the golf course was located across the street from Canseco's house.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

How the hell do you still even have that receipt? Mike and Mike were cracking up over this. A multi-million dollar hall of famer who keeps receipts like my grandma!

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

I think society, as a whole, is willing to forgive someone who comes clean and is honest about their wrongdoings. I lost respect for Pettitte when I heard about the HGH use, but he regained some, not all, of that respect when he came clean. As a religious guy, I am sure you understand (i.e. confessing your sins)

Not speaking for Junkyarddog, but I would assume he meant to say something along those lines.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Even when they confess once, but not all the way?

Next from Andy Pettitte. "I did HGH this morning".