1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

This is really only true in Houston. In terms of being tight lipped, Houston has some of the best franchises in all sports. Most organizations in other cities (be it basketball or another sport) are leaky ships. This one, not so much.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

River, I wish you hadn't quoted that post. Seeing it once was bad enough. Seeing it twice?

Shame on you friend.

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

If you asked any one with any knowledge of the game, they would list mcgrady as one of the top 50 greatest players of all time. In his prime he was a dominant scorer.

4. BigM

BigM Member

I don't have time to look for it right this moment, but an article posted a couple days ago had a couple Brooks' quotes where he sounded qute excited for the prospect of t-mac's return. Could be lip service, but they haven't all been quiet.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Who are the people who would say this? Just random "my friends who think like me?"

6. Disciple of RP

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Nate Archibald

Paul Arizin

Charles Barkley

Rick Barry

Elgin Baylor

Dave Bing

Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlain

Bob Cousy

Dave Cowens

Billy Cunningham

Dave DeBusschere

Clyde Drexler

Julius Erving

Patrick Ewing

Walt Frazier

George Gervin

Hal Greer

John Havlicek

Elvin Hayes

Magic Johnson

Sam Jones

Michael Jordan

Jerry Lucas

Karl Malone

Moses Malone

Pete Maravich

Kevin McHale

George Mikan

Earl Monroe

Hakeem Olajuwon

Shaquille O'Neal

Robert Parish

Bob Pettit

Scottie Pippen

Willis Reed

Oscar Robertson

David Robinson

Bill Russell

Dolph Schayes

Bill Sharman

John Stockton

Isiah Thomas

Nate Thurmond

Wes Unseld

Bill Walton

Jerry West

Lenny Wilkens

James Worthy

So, you're saying he's better than any of these guys? Riiiight. :rolleyes:

7. AusFan

AusFan Member

To me the insurance issue was the most interesting aspect of the article. He's just missed 41 consecutive games, the team has had a long standing Nov 23 date for another assessment. Coincidence?

Whatever McGrady's fitness to play is, it looks like they at least wanted the insurance to kick in. Seems like a smart 'moneyball' move to me. If he comes back and can play then he'll contribute. If not insurance picks up 80% for every game he misses the rest of his contract.

If the insurance carries over even if he's traded, that has to bump his trade value significantly. Essentually, having him on a team (Rockets or other) just became a much lower financial risk.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

someone on cbs reported the artest signing first

they did a good job of getting out pick stuff though.

feigan though working for the chron pretty much is a rockets employee so I am positive he knew about Yao's injury (after the laker game and the major surgery) and the other things but the team probably wanted him to not leak it so they could have an extra day or two of doing some sort of damage control.

yahoo has no sort of issues so they just release whatever decent info they get asap to be the first one

it probably was a heated exchange but adelman is being tough on this MRI date and I can imagine McGrady's patience wearing thin if he is indeed in excellent shape, pain free and not being able to play. I dont think neither is necessarily wrong given McGrady's history of saying he is ready but it just needs to play out. In a week a lot more will be known.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep, and maybe teams that want that insurance money will be more anxious to trade for him now that the threshold has passed.

It will be interesting to hear what comes out of the Nov 23rd MRI meeting.

If the Rocket's doctors say "it looks good but it is not there yet"....Tmac may melt down.

DD

10. rockets934life

That would be CLASSIC.. :grin:

11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

I think so. I think if I had to choose a player in their prime to win a basketball game, mcgrady would blow alot of those guys out of the water. Its a different era.

12. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member
    Supporting Member

Yahoo is very good about breaking the news first. Hell they were the ones that talked about the Rockets buying up three draft picks before the Chron even mentioned one.

The Chron is a joke and it's been like that...

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member
    Supporting Member

DD... You just don't like Tracy and it's showing!
    :grin:

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're funny.

Livin in a dream world, ladada! :rolleyes:

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dang, has it become obvious?

Darn it, I was trying to mask my status....

LOL.

I like the Rockets, that is all....and I think Tmac benefits the Rockets by leaving.

DD

16. rockets934life

Sports Radio 610 is reporting that there was NO argument and that TMAC is source that released all the info to Yahoo..

The drama continues...AWESOME :grin:

17. jevjnd

jevjnd Member

Fans like you are lame. Grow up. This whole situation could be messing with someone's life. I hope that this is all just an overblown story and that things work out for both sides. Personally I'd rather him not be traded as I think that he has two or three really good years left, but if he is traded, I wish Mac all the best. I also don't always like Morey's low-ball tactics, such as what he did to Landry, but he's responsible to Les and the team. In that regard, I think that the man has done an exceptional job so far. No matter what happens, I just hope that this works out for all sides.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

To follow up what I posted. You stated that you'd take him over any of those guys "in his prime". Newflash bud, Tracy is no longer in his prime and on top of that he's had major knee surgery.

You guys need to stop living in the past and live in the now on Tracy's game, he is not nor has been the "T-Mac" of old for years now.

19. durvasa

durvasa Member

I don't know why people are doubting the article. Everything in there makes a lot of sense to me.

- It explains why McGrady attached such importance to 11/18.
    - It gives a potential explanation for why the Rockets have been so hesitant to evaluate McGrady at the start of the season (11/23 for the MRI -- why?)
    - It helps explain why there is such an inconsistency between McGrady's story and the Rocket's story. Before, if one was to trust the Rockets/Feigen, that means McGrady is either delusional or a liar. That was always difficult for me to swallow.
    - We know there is some issues between McGrady and Adelman from last year. It's not a stretch that Adelman hasn't been communicating much with him. And its not a stretch that this would piss off a player that's itching to integrate back into the team.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Who on Sports Radio 610 is saying that?

When they interviewed the new voice this morning he basically said "i don't want to be in the middle of anything that may or may not be going on between T-Mac and the coach."