1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I recall NBA teams get about 1 mil dollars in gate receipts per game. Would you essentially pay 1/5 of that to a guy so he can work himself into bball shape and risk hurting chemistry?

Why lose 200k a game unless the guy proves he can give you 200K worth of winning?

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

[​IMG]

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Member

Yahoo Sports broke...

The Yao Ming out for year story...
    The Ariza/ Artest "swap"...
    The draft night "pick purchases"...

All before Feigen did...

They have a know into what is going on.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

By dressing on game 41...the insurance company has a basis to deny the Rox claim for covering the 80%. When this goes to court the Rockets will look bad.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Question
    Why is Yahoo sports! so eager to break the news. :rolleyes:

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

WINNAR!!
    the infidels!!!

7. banks71

banks71 Member

I totally believe in this yahoo story. I dont understand whats the deal with TMac if he can play with the organizations mind whole of last yr by keeping them in dark abt his plans then why should rockets believe in him now that he is ready to play unless they see him in practise and they just said they want to test his knee after next mondays practise so he cant even wait for 4 more days.
    he just cant stand team doing good without him and he is not getting any love.. and this being his contract yr. His ego will be hurt if he goes from the most earned player to least earned player...

8. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

told you so.

just sayin'

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

major lol

Why is this close source always fabricating something? Disturbing harmony.
    Doubt it was that serious.

10. cavevato

cavevato Member

McGrady just has to wait till after the 23rd. Im sure hes anxious to begin his comeback seeing how the other comeback guys are playing. Also he has to earn a new contract. Just gotta be patient.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What kind of a player acts like this? Trade him please!

12. number22

number22 Member

lol i can't wait for richard justice to report on this :cool:

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is no big deal, Von just wants to play.

DD

14. MasterZen

MasterZen Member

Although T-Mac Approach is not the ideal approach and he makes mistakes as much as anyone here and out there he is part of a world with Big Ego’s and I am in charge, T-Mac is a very talented Basketball player anyone who denies that does need to learn the game of Basketball. A 75% of Healthy T-Mac is way better above 85% of NBA players.
    Now I know that you do not miss something unless you lose it, I also know Houston fun want to win and win now, The Houston Media is not helping either because they want to glamour everything because they understand that drama sales,
    This is my Predication If Houston let go T-Mac and he goes to a contender team Such as L.A or Boston or Dallas, you made a city and an NBA Franchise Happy just picture Imagine if you will Kobe and T-Mac Next to Gasol. Once you have that picture in your mind talk now.

15. eman

eman Member

How dare Mac raise his voice at Coach A? And how stupid can he be? Can't he understand the marketing--and real--value of humility? He should shut up and let his game do the talking--somewhere else, please.

16. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I'd be pissed too if I was lied to like this :\

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

"Before McGrady began his rehabilitation in Chicago this summer, he had to be cleared by a top athletic surgeon for full-contact basketball. Ultimately, McGrady was deemed OK to play daily against All-Star talents like Dwyane Wade(notes) and Devin Harris(notes)."

Yep, just as I said, he has been ready, I don't think the organization wants him back, playing him does not do anything for their plans.

His contract is what is tradeable, and they like playing the style they are playing...there is zero motivation to play Tracy.

I know Tracy has a lot of motivation, maybe that petulant child should have thought of that before he screwed over the organization last February.

What comes around goes around.......this will get worse as Tmac's tantrums spill into the media........

My only hope is the team ignores it......this could get really ugly.

DD

1 person likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hilarious isn't it.

Von does it
    Francis does it

OH MY GAWD . . KILL THEM

but Tmac does it. . .well now he is just a 'competitor'

YOUR GUY IS A WHINER
    MY GUY IS A COMPETITOR

Rocket River

19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Whats wrong with the organization. Just play the guy damn. If he doesnt work out big deal its not like were missing anything. The guy will be off the books next year anyways. Noone will take him at this
    point without him getting any playing time,so trade is out of the picture right now. I dont understand why not play him. Hes ready. Eventhough the Rockets have been playing well, they seriously need a playmaker like TMAC.
    All you have to do is watch the losses to Phoenix and Dallas. When a team decides to play hard one-on one defense there isnt anybody in our lineup that can create for themselves and other. Look at the second half of both of those games and you can see we need Tmac.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I want him gone from the Rockets, we don't need a prima donna like him trying for a new contract, we tried that last year with Ron Ron.....just trade Tmac already.

I know the organization is trying to do the mature thing and be positive in the media, but other organizations will see what is going on here, they will not be able to protect TMac's image....he will quickly Allen Iverson his own image.

The sooner he is traded the better.

DD