1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

FROM FEIGN

(If Yahoo reported it, II'm sure their voices were raised. I can say there is and was nothing uncertain about his status. Some of the timetable in the article is not right. And I can tell you, Adelman did not see McGrady pop out of the locker room in uniform and laughed when he was told. He talked for another minute about it and did not seem at all bothered. When I spoke to McGrady after he talked with Adelman, he was pretty laid back and joked about it. The Rockets are not going to let him call the shots. But if Yahoo said they were loud in their meeting, I'm sure they were. -- Jonathan)

2. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Well why can't it be what they have to lose? Nothing? Trying looking at it my way~ Either way this team (this year) is going no-where. I just dont see why they are not letting him play.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Because they are developing young guys that will be here next year when Yao gets back, because they know Tracy won't be here.

Makes perfect sense to mothball him.

DD

4. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Reading this article made me sad...I just want them to let Tmac back just to see what he can do and maybe make us an elite team...I dont like the drama about this situation...If they dont want Tmac back because they feel it will mess up the chemistry then for what reason will this be different with Yao in the future?...Its a messy situation hopefully it gets fixed soon in someway or another

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

[Chronicle] - Uh, guys did you see the Yahoo article this morning?

[Rocket's brass] Yeah, we saw it, dang it, we need to put some water on the fire.

[Chronicle] Just what I figured, what do you want me to say?

[Rocket's brass] Just make it seem like it was no big deal, don't deny the story, but tell them that Adelman and Tracy were laughing about it.

[Chronicle] Great will do, can we get some peanut butter cookies in the press box?

[Rocket's brass] Sure thing, just get that story out ASAP.

DD

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

As sad as I am to say it, I don't exactly bank on Mr. Yao myself. The team has two great talents, and neither can stay on the court. :\ I hope he comes back healthy and remains that, but the past has shown it's not likely. Believe right?

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Sources say McGrady has started to wonder whether the Rockets want him back with this team, or whether they’ve been motivated to let him sit and collect on insurance money. Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games.

For the rest of the season, the insurance policy could cover 80 percent of his per-game salary of $282,946. Even if McGrady returns to the lineup for one or more games this season, the insurance would still pay the Rockets for each additional missed game. The insurance company can identify 12 exclusions to the policy among particularly high-risk NBA players, but can only do so at the time a new contract is signed. McGrady signed his three-year, $63 million extension in November 2004.

why can't they just be straight up with mcgrady? and give him a damn timetable so he can have an ease of mind.

the team was frustrated with tmac last year because of his uncertainty. it's understandable why mcgrady is frustrated as hell now as he doesn't know WHEN he's going to play or IF he's going to play. i think he just wants an answer.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Can someone say insurance fraud?

1 person likes this.
  9. t_mac1

Wednesday’s incident wasn’t the first testy exchange recently between Adelman and McGrady. They also argued in a practice session last week. In the preseason, sources say McGrady asked management to let him play approximately 12 to 15 minutes total in two exhibition games to gauge where he stood in his comeback. The organization, sources say, told him he would need to pass a standardized conditioning test. McGrady did but still stayed on the sideline.

Before McGrady began his rehabilitation in Chicago this summer, he had to be cleared by a top athletic surgeon for full-contact basketball. Ultimately, McGrady was deemed OK to play daily against All-Star talents like Dwyane Wade(notes) and Devin Harris(notes).

wow, we never heard of this before. the chron definitely doesn't have much to offer.

and the team has to do something with mcgrady. if they want to collect insurance money, LET HIM KNOW. if they don't want him, LET HIM KNOW. by keeping MUM about this, you're just going to piss him off.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What ?

WHAT?

What do you think the November 23rd date was? How the hades can you not say the team is not staight up with McGrady, the ONLY ones being consistent in this instance is the team.

I mean what kind of bizzare reality is this?

Honestly...really?

WOW !

DD

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

It is not you or me or any fans here to decide whether his condition is good enough to play, not even TMac himself. If the team thinks he is ready, then he will play.

12. 1individual

1individual Member

An MRI date doesn't tell you when you'll start playing. And according to most doctors, it's a useless thing to do. Won't show anything. It's only an excuse.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

In your opinion.

DD

14. GloryDays 94-95

Wow, this is obvious what this is turning in to.... Morey vs. T-mac with RA in the middle. Unfortunately for T-mac, DM makes the decisions here. I am not mad at DM for not playing T-mac now because of last yr. They did it T-macs way and look what happened. DM is making sure there are NO EXCUSES in t-macs game this year even if it means slowing him down to the nth degree.

The thing is, we know what t-mac is trying to accomplish and that is to gain another big payday. He feels that he has to play to get what he wants. But when he does come back, will he ruin what has been built thus far? I am leaning towards the notion that he wont hurt the team if he continues to be the prime facililitator and not a ball stopper. I seem to think that in his absence, he has saw that he has the adequate help to still be a force in the West. And he also knows that we need a closer late in gms and he can fulfill that role. And I think DM is showing him this in the most subtle way. I'm sure DM is looking at the situation like this... Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me. And all RA can do is watch....

15. t_mac1

adelman and morey have still stated recently, "there is NO TIMETABLE FOR HIS RETURN."

that 11/23 date is the MRI date. they never said he would return after that date (even if he practices well).

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Its clear by your post that, that's not the case. Tracy made his timetable for Nov. 18th for a reason. Obviously he was trying to return right before or at the time that the organization could collect insurance.

Man, this guy is a trip. First he screws them at the deadline last year while they were making and getting offers for him and now he wants to flip them off when they try to collect his insurance while being out! Wow, amazing.

Does he get any less with them claiming his insurance by any chance?

17. 1individual

1individual Member

Not mine, was written in the press last week.

If I was hired to optimize the forum's database, I would ban your way of ending posts. 'DD' * 57,966 posts = 115,932 bytes and counting. Would save around 105 KB. :grin:

18. t_mac1

Before McGrady began his rehabilitation in Chicago this summer, he had to be cleared by a top athletic surgeon for full-contact basketball. Ultimately, McGrady was deemed OK to play daily against All-Star talents like Dwyane Wade(notes) and Devin Harris(notes).

so he could have full contact v. d-wade. but the team won't let him even sniff 12 minutes of total time in exhibition games to really gauge his progress. hell, they wouldn't even let him PRACTICE until recently.

again, i don't want drama. i don't want anything to overshadow the team's good play. but by doing this and being uncertain, the team is giving mcgrady reason to be pissed.

look at it from tmac's perspective: his chicago doctor cleared him for full-contact play; grover said he's ready to go. 2 guys you worked with all throughout summer said you're ready to go by training camp (or "cleared" to do full-contact). and yet the team doesn't even let you practice when training camp started.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

They have to see the MRI first, Tracy knows this....he is just feeling the pressure or a new deal.

And the team doesn't care, nor should they.

He is irrelevent to their plans at this point.

DD

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

So your saying that even if the guy plays and does pretty well, can help the team and are record improves by it...you rather have him sit ala Marbury? I have to imagine playing him will improve his value IMO because even if he can't play then yes you do have only is contract as vaule.