1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

McGrady ruining his trade value on purpose so he won't get traded

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

That makes no sense, b/c if it's true, he's effectively ruining his career. What's going to happen? He won't get traded, his contract will expire, he won't get played here, and who will pick him up after? Some non-contending team most likely that is willing to take on drama. Again, this is only if any of this is true. Who knows what the heck is going on?

3. tested911

tested911 Member

What's hilarious is that T-crap couldn't just wait 4 days? 23rd for the MRI to get done so the Rockets organization can confirm everything is ok..

4 frigin days and T-crap had to blow this up and act like a little baby.

Mother F@#$@#$ your getting paid 20+ million dollars this year STFU!!!

4. yl042557

yl042557 Member

Adelman's system requires each and every player to play their roles, and more importantly, requires absolute discipline. Mr. Mcgrady's demanding play time against coach Adelman's will = no discipline. So, no play time. He will get play time when he quit demanding play time (sounds like some ancient oriental wisdom).

It boils down to this: in Adelman you trust, or in Mcgrady you trust?

I choose Adelman in a heartbeat.

5. 1individual

1individual Member

If he sits out, you'll say hes a criminal getting all that money for nothing. If he wants to play, you force him to sit. Either way he's doomed. Next week will end all this dispute, anyway.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good post Durvasa. I agree. Personally Im alittle confused as to why the organization didn't run an MRI a month ago (made no sense to me). But I can see in someway that they came up with a far out date like the 23rd to get Tracy practicing and then running an MRI while his knee is hot and under stress. Who knows, microfractive surgery is no joke. You can tell Tracy genuinely wants to get back to playing, its what he's done for most of his life and you would expect that he's antsy to start hooping again. I would be concerned if he was nonchalant about wanting to come back. Just the way I read it.

7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I am agreeing with the guy on 610 right now. Rockets have nothing to lose if they play T-Mac. We are not going to win the championship this year, putting T-Mac in will give us maybe a little more chance but no. So why not put T-Mac in and if he sucks, oh well, he'd done. If he gets on fire, than if the Rockets still dont like him, they can use that as trade bait or something...

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I look at it the opposite they have nothing to gain by playing him.

His contract is the value in him, and whether he plays well or badly that does not change.

DD

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yea...the dude is making obivous points and I think eventually this will playout especially now the insurance money is in there pockets. I hope he plays, plays well and increases his trade value to a team in the championship puzzle or needing massive cap space.

10. 1individual

1individual Member

They actually do. Have you thought about the tickets part? Iverson alone, playing horrible, attracts crowd cause of his name.

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Whaaa? If he plays well, other teams that might believe in him playing and helping their team outside of the contract might want him. Of course his level of play will matter. His expiring contract is the part that never changes. His value can only go up. Can't get much lower than it is now.

12. rockets934life

Disagee here, if he plays well and shows his still a viable player then it will increase his value adding to the fact a team can re-sign him going over the salary cap.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He'll be the newest version of the Allen Iverson status.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

They need to play him to show potential suitors he is healthy.

Maximize the value of your trade asset by showing he still has something in the tank.

If we intend to trade him, I want to get some value for the bucks.

15. yl042557

yl042557 Member

I don't agree. Coach must have his authrotiy, not some former all-star. If Coach says go play Mac, I am all for it. If Mr. Mcgrady wants to force the hand by leaking words to the media, screw him. Questioning a coach's judgement, especially when the coach is doing just fine, leads to nothing but the implosion of the team. That applies to Yao, too. When Yao comes back and Coach does not think he is ready, Yao sits.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What team?

The Rockets?

That is all I care about....sure Tmac can raise his value, but that doesn't help the team.

DD

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

None of the potential suitors would trade for a guy in the last year of his contract, and his enormous contrat makes him difficult to trade.

Essentially most teams would have to give up a lot of players or one really good one.....

And only the ones rebuilding would do that, thus making it a contract only type of deal....nothing else would be out there.

DD

18. rockets934life

It does help the Rox, you can obtain more pieces if he plays well then if you trade him just for his salary. Imagine a team thinking they can resign a healthy TMAC for a smaller salary then one of the big fishes this summer.

19. tested911

tested911 Member

Bingo! And if the facts are true that they will be able to recoup 80% of his salary on the games he doesn't play.. Then they have everything to gain (Of course that would be insurance fraud if T-mac was able to play)

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No you can't....his contract is nearly untradeable...and no one is going to give up a core of guys to get him when they can just sign him in the offseason.

That is my point......why trade for him now? None of the contenders would blow up their rosters, so they are out, which leaves only the non contenders and they would only trade for him for his expiring deal.

So, there is no value in playing him at all.....his contract is his value....

DD