1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. keez857

keez857 Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ug=aw-mcgradyinjury112009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Please lock if already posted.

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Wow. Just trade him if it's this bad. Honestly, I wanted to see if he could help the Rockets but it looks pretty bad right now. I'll still root for the guy wherever he ends up, but I really wanted him to be able to help the Rockets. Oh well.

3. J623_Rockets

J623_Rockets Member

Certainly interesting but I seriously doubt the reliability of yahoo sports news... most of the time their columnists don't know jack about what they are actually writing. If this was indeed true I imagine Jonathan Feigen at the chron.com, who often has close access to our players and staffs, would have had mentioned about it.

Just my opinion though.

Most Yahoo Sports News often only deserve a :rolleyes: icon to me

4. worzel gummidge

Me-Mac

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6730531.html
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6713302.html

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Jonathon may have been asked not to report it. My theory is that it's tmac's people that are the "sources" Woj is citing.

6. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

Coming from a neutral perspective (with respect to McGrady): hometown beat writers must give the organization's line in their papers, otherwise the organization stops talking to the beat writer and makes it impossible for the writer to do his job.

7. J623_Rockets

J623_Rockets Member

That could be true.

But given that those so-called "sources close to players" are often not that reliable, I wouldn't pay too much attention to this article.

Let's just wait and see what happens after the full practice and MRI on Monday.

In the mean time... GO GET THEM HAWKS ROCKETS!!!!!

8. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

not that Mcgrady is right...

but looks the team is taking revenge for what he did last year.. i would not blame him too much for this news.. whats wrong in wanting to play when you are fit?

but he deserves the treatment i guess.

just marbury-him or trade him. enuf is enuf..

9. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

It kind of makes sense from a cash money perspective.

The Rockets gain nothing from letting McGrady return early. Insurance is currently paying McGradys salary lowering the burden on their bottom line.

The team is winning so they do not need him on the court to make the team relevant.

10. HookemHorns1250

First off, I'd like to say I'm not a T-mac only fan. However, I'm not going to completely write him off even if this is true. He's a competitor. If he thinks he's ready, and he's not being allowed to play he's going to be frustrated.

That being said, if Coach doesn't think he's ready, then he has the upper hand on whether he should come back or not.

11. worzel gummidge

Remember how Al Harrington's close source revealed to the media he wanted out of Golden State. The next day he tows the company line and denies these rumors. 24hrs later he does a 180 and goes to the media to demand a trade.

How can reporters verify these sources? They ask the player's agency. How do these sources get in contact with said reporters. It's usually set up by the player's agency.

It's funny how suddenly Adelman has an agenda. Suddenly, Morey is shady. Suddenly, Yahoo sports is unreliable. Even though they've been the major source of breaking news.

12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I don't understand why Adelman won't just give McGrady a shot to play with the team and if it doesn't work, fine, give him the Marbury treatment or trade him. Just give him a chance first, he could really help this teamif it all works out. We won't find out until he steps on the court and gets real NBA action. It looks pretty bad though, my expectations have plummeted as for McGrady contributing positively if this is true, which is a shame.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I agree wholeheartedly ...

TMac's decision to get surgery without the consent of the team could be backfiring on him, as it gave the team the chance to see what life would be like without him.

Even if we lose close games because we don't have a reliable closer yet, I'd say trade the guy or allow his contract to end. Team chemistry is too important to be messed up by someone's big ego.

14. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

exactly my point too..

but we cannot believe T-Mac completely here because he always "thinks" he is ready to play.. but if he is really ready.. the team has to play him ..

like they say.. " you make your bed... and you lie on it"

15. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I trust Yahoo Sports.. i dont think they bull**** with any news.. most often than not.. the team at Yahoo sports is very very reliable. .atleast from what i have seen

but i do think Adelman has an agenda. and morey is shady.. i think they are trying to hold out t-mac and build chemistry.. which is perfect from the rockets' perspective..

but if T-Mac is "really" fit.. he should be allowed to play.. the next thing he will do is file a grievance with the players union and create a big mess.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there is no obligation on the rockets whatsoever to let him play. even if he gets on the active roster, adelman doesn't have to play his sorry ass even one minute if he doesn't want to.

17. worzel gummidge

There are 3 spots on the inactive list. The Rockets can place any player they wish to there.

18. 1individual

1individual Member

I don't like the game they're playing, things can get ugly. Just let him play and we'll see whether he deserves playing time or not.

19. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

yeah. they can always marbury him.. but that will create more drama .. you really want additional drama from Tracy's end? havent we had enuf..?

instead they can just start playing him and see what he does.. if he sucks.. send him back home and ask him to do rehab.. end of story.

20. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I saw someone on the board mentioning that he can file grievance if he is not allowed to play.. not sure how it works.