1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Booooyah, Queens!

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Hi! :) No Melow? :rolleyes: Bye. :p

1 person likes this.
  3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'm getting sick of all this.

I think people are really under estimating what we already have. With Yao back, we are already in the top 4 (at least) in the West. He's one of those guys who makes his teammates better. Sure, numbers will drop with him getting a lot of touches, but the efficiency level for our guys (mainly our backcourt) will be through the roof I think.

Whether we trade for a star or not...I'm completely happy with our team.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Getting sick of what? Don't click on the thread if you can't handle the speculation. Man, some of you guys are such panzies.

1 person likes this.
  5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Of WAITING for something to happen. Don't be so quick to assume jerk off.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Isn't this what usually happens in a potential trade of this magnitude?

Plus, Denver isn't even fielding calls on Melo yet..

7. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

Hey!!! Get off his case jerk off.

1 person likes this.
  8. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm dying to hear some updates on the situation.

9. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

breaking news :grin:

10. JVL713

11. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

FAIL...

12. JVL713

saw that coming

13. charliem

charliem Member

We're easily a top 4 seed this season as is. Right? Aside from the lakers the only other threats i see are OKC and POR.. Even if YAO goes down, we have a 7ft b.miller ready to go. IMO all we needed to do this summer was add some height, and find a solid back up for Yao, and we did. We have a talented group of guys offensively, and I think the extra height is going to help out with the lack of defense from last season. Why clear out our bench for one scorer? Granted a top scorer, but still.. It would be way more satisfying without him. Personally I'd like to see us pull the upset with what we have.
    Either way I see us being a top 2 team this season. :grin: amirite

14. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

We will still have Lowry and/or Lee (one of them would start depending on which of Brooks/Martin are traded). We should still have one of Hill/Patterson (it would probably be overkill to trade both). We'll still have Hayes and Brad Miller (again, if Hill and/or PP are traded, they wont want Hayes). CBud might be gone, but we'll probably still have Taylor.

I just named 5 bench players right there, and 3 of them were major rotation players last year. And if we can convince Denver to let us keep CBud then thats another guy.

So... we're not clearing our bench.

I agree. But I would personally like to see us win than not win in any case. No matter how talented people think our team is on paper, there are no guarantees. Our lineup is a lot different from the last time we were in the playoffs, so we can't assume we'll go deep in the playoffs the way the Lakers can because they've done it the past 3 years. So the best thing to do is to just assemble the best roster you can and try to make it as far as you can. And I think most of us sane people would agree that if we can deal Anthony for a Brooks or Martin based package (both would be asking for too much), that's upgrading your talent.

15. chief

chief Member

I am thinking more and more about just rolling with the roster we have rite now--i think we can compete if everybody is on the same page--thier isnt much id consider giving for Melo--out side of the new york draft picks and jeffries-JT--for the first time in a long time we are real deep and i believe we should let this squad roll---i dont wanna really give up anyone--i think we can win alot of games--and go to the finals if not win it all rite now---

16. charliem

charliem Member

I'd like to keep A.B. for sure.

I didnt' mean our 2nd unit literally, but definitely would like to see Bud stay.

I think our lineup is way better than the one we had last playoff run, but no one will know till we get there again... Ultimately whatever happens is fine by me. I'm ready for Oct. 26th

17. JVL713

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If we do trade for Melo, AB will definitely be shipped out as it makes more sense for Nuggets to take AB over Martin. Martin is a marginally better player than AB with a much, much worse contract. I would expect them to ask for Budinger, AB, Battier, and Jeffries along with our picks. I actually doubt they will take Hill, because while he is has shown potential, he is still a long term project even as a role player.

20. joesr

joesr Member

I think I would rather do Brooks too, though. Lowry from Brooks isnt bad compared to Lee from Martin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.