1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We have the Melo sticky for a reason... Lock this up and demote please!

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Well since there is 84 pages I believe people still want to talk about it.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

There are 84 pages because that useless thread was merged into this one. It was its own r****ded thread earlier.

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

5. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

While i've thought for a while the nets would win the bidding war, there's nothing more amusing than "according to my knicks source, he will only sign an extension with the knicks", lol

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

The only way Knicks get Melo is if they wait till he becomes a free agent, because they can't offer crap to Nuggets. LOL, Eddy Curry and Danilo Gallinari is so great! :rolleyes:

Its gonna go down to the Nets and Rockets in a bidding war and I'd put my money on Morey walking away with Melo, if he wants to.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yes yes. We know he doesnt want Rockets and leverage and blah blah blabbity blah. We dont care anymore though.. If you like Houston come. If you dont? No leverage for you. Houston didnt help Bosh in his negotiations. He could have have signed for the exact same contract he did with Miami at any time and none of his antcis or supposed trying to leverage gained him anything. In fact it might have lost alot for the trio to have gone about it the way they have. I am just saying Rockets fans arent talking about it anymore except in this one thread now.... :grin:

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I was never on the other side but.....I think I'd actually rather go after Iggy now.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

People that try to put AI on the same level as Anthony in regard to talent level are crazy. I can see a decent argument being made if it is the cost of AI vs. the cost of Carmelo (both cost of acquisition and then salary).

At this point, Carmelo is second (IMO) to Durant as far as best pure scorer in the game.

11. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Oh no doubt Melo is the better player, I think we are all aware of that. But Iggy would cost us much less.

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

You really think Iggy would cost less? Stefanski is a stubborn GM who can't let go of it's "supposed" franchise player and Thorn just became president. Historically, Thorn has come out with the better end of the deals, for example with Kidd, Jefferson or Carter in NJ.

13. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Uhh yeah, I think most of us do

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Iggy would not be at that much less than the package for Carmelo.

Maybe you don't have to give up and AB or Martin, but you are still giving up 3-4 assets.

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Yeah, just to make the salaries match. Iggy is getting paid the same as Melo, just not performing as well.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would give Denver Brooks+Budinger+Hill+Patterson+next years swap and 2012 first rounder if they would do that right now (of course filler being in there.) We give up the farm, but then we have....

Yao/Miller/Hayes
    Scola/Hayes
    Anthony/Battier
    Martin/Lee/Taylor
    Lowry/some guy that is not Ish Smith and can hit a three pointer.

17. charliem

charliem Member

1 person likes this.
  18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

1. Houston Rockets
    The Rockets are the favorite in my mind, because it makes the most sense all the way around. Houston is a contender with Anthony, something he wants. Houston is still a large TV market, something he wants. The Rockets can trade back quality pieces to Denver, something the Nuggets want. And Daryl Morey gets the star bedrock piece, something he desperately wants.

Anthony likely wants bigger lights for him and his celebrity wife to head to, but a lot of it comes down to what Denver can get back. I'm sure Anthony prefers New York or Los Angeles to anywhere else, but it's about finding a proper trade partner for the Nuggets. And the Rockets can give a quality return while Anthony gets a good city and good franchise.

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Edit.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.