1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

A. I think Melo has proven he is not the guy to build around.

B. You are right, I don't think anyone would come here, nor do I think Melo will anyway.

C. I think you have to go with what you have or develop from inside through the draft.

I understand what you are saying, we finally have a guy who ALLEGEDLY might sign here and it is exciting, but if you take a step back and ask if it is the right guy, especially if Yao is hurt, then you might not be as enthusiastic.

If Yao is healthy, I agree, if not, we rebuild and all those guys are probably flipped for younger assets.

DD

1 person likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

^ We arent building around him though.

He is supplimental to what we have already built.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Riiight. That's why Denver is still desperately trying to convince him to stay.

Don't make me quote DM. You might think that we are title contenders currently but the genius certainly does NOT.

A 26 year old player going into his prime isn't young enough? He is seemingly getting better every season. DM knows best and he's def going after Melo hard in the next few weeks.

4. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

This thread needs to be unstickied and the Melo talk needs to move to nba forum.

1.according to my Knick source, LaLa is the one telling everyone that Melo will only sign extension with KNICKS.. NOT HOUSTON..This happened this week.

2.she visited Houston this past weekend,if she is telling people this week that its only Knicks or stay on Denver, her Brooklyn ass must have hated the Houston heat. I dont blame her. Been here over 34 years and still cant get used to it.

3.you guys have to understand that Lala speaks to insiders for Carmelo,because Melo doesnt want to get hit with fines,tampering,bad pr,bad rep

4.Lala and Melo GREW up in ice filled Brooklyn/Ny/Baltimore....this Houston heat must literally feel like Hell on earth. People that grew up in snow,love cold weather.People that grew up in Houston tend to hate to much snow.

5.Melo is a hiphop tattooed mid twenties player,if he had to pick between clean cut Yao or mid twenties tattooed Amare ,who do you think he would choose? He is not going to force his family to endure scolding Houston heat just because we have the great Aaron Brooks and Knicks dont. One role player isnt going to change Melos thinking.

6.i think Woj was played with this information. At his wedding he wanted Knicks,now we get some anonymous source telling Woj Houston...yeah right,probably just leverage of some sort.

7.to many bugs in Houston. Now why does that matter? It does. We have bug spray trucks at night spraying for mosquitos. If any bug spray gets near LaLa's bug eyes she will have to fly away or die and Melo doesnt want that.

8.prokhorov was trying to tell Lebron to build his brand through Ny then come to Brooklyn in 3-4 years. I bet he is telling Melo the same thing. Being a Knick and being average will get you more money,more endorsements,bigger brand than winning for Houston , espn puts us on back burner even if we win. So the few of you that say "winning cures everything" are wrong. Houston will always have a backset to Ny/brooklyn teams because of espn and hip hop generation players wanting espn commercials.

9.thats why i never believed we would get melo,even when woj came out with this stuff,i dont think melo wants to goto finals,and i bet he doesnt give a damn about allstar game either or winning. Its about espn,brand,ny,lalas career,playing with "one of his own" in amare. Melo doesnt strike me as the type to "defer to yao". He has played with chris anderson,jr smith,kenyon martin ,and at wedding wants to team up with amare. See the similiarities? Tattoos and thugs.

10.if the rockets were interested(and i dont think morey is) we would LEAK a RUMOR that we ARE interested...this would give us MORE leverage because we have the most assets, it would drive up melos price and force denver to trade him to us because we would win the bidding....If morey wants to lowball denver we will not get him,because denver is tough and going to trade to the highest bidder between nets/knicks. If DM was interested, he would have leaked by now a trade proposal through "anonymous backchannels" to avoid tampering and include martin/brooks/picks. That offer while is overpaying, would make everyone from nets/knicks/clippers shut up because they cant beat that offer.

But morey hasnt done that. There are no leaks. In fact, Denver would Also leak this information,because if denver tells the media the rockets are offering a HUGE talent package,then that would force nets/knicks to increase bids. Denver hasnt done this. That tells me that Morey is NOT INTERESTED in melo anymore. Either the price is to high,new cba will lower max contracts, wont take back jr smith,les wont pay lux tax,melo doesnt want to come here....there could be many reasons,but the fact remains neither denver nor morey have leaked any trade proposals and this is bad for both denvers leverage to other teams and rockets leverage to put teams out of the running.

We are not interested. My guess is either les/morey have concluded that melo is tmac 2.0 and would not fit either basketball wise or/and personality wise.

5. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

No way. Morey isnt interested. Quote me on that.

6. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

I forgot to add something else as to why i think Houston is not getting melo.

The article clearly states "2 weeks". thats the key phrase

in 2 weeks, is when anthony randolph and troy murphy become available for trade. this means the rockets are not in the running AT ALL.

7. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

dont be surprised to see an aaron brooks for demarcus cousins trade one day. thats all im going to say.

8. sammy

Please. Your reasons are simply r****ded. I won't even address them. That's how stupid they are.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not all teams make smart decisions.

True, he has said that, but he also has said other things like what is in my sig.

DM knows what he thinks is best, for sure....and whether or not that is Melo is completely open to interpetation.

DD

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

lol Brian_Chapman never fails. :grin: :rolleyes:

7.to many bugs in Houston. Now why does that matter? It does. We have bug spray trucks at night spraying for mosquitos. If any bug spray gets near LaLa's bug eyes she will have to fly away or die and Melo doesnt want that.

11. sammy

Sure. And Whisenhunt stated recently that Leinart is a starting caliber quarterback in the league.

See what I did there?

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, not a thing that is relevent to the conversation.

Whereas I was showing how Morey has said he thinks Brooks is the starting PG on a championship team, and since we were talking about being a championship team....well.....

Look Sammy, I know you want Melo, you know I don't....why are we bothering with this?

Neither one of us knows whether Morey wants him or not......

DD

13. sammy

It's completely relevant. There is such a thing called trade value.

We all know Morey is salivating at this opportunity. You and chap can think he's not. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Edit: I wanted to clarify about the Whisenhunt comment. The coach makes that comment but is benching him for Anderson. He thinks he can start for other teams but is not a good fit for his.

AB could be a starting PG for a championship team. It doesn't necessarily mean that he is a good fit for a legitimate title run with our current roster.

#1613 sammy, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

We do know that Morey would like a Superstar player, what we don't know is if he thinks Melo is a Superstar.

You keep thinking what you like, but you are just as in the dark as the rest of us.

DD

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If you think Houston's so ****ty, get the **** out.

2 people like this.
  16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Your funny. Have they been talking about the Knicks on Nick at Night or Cartoon Network? Seriously though, you should wait till your 12th birth day before trying to talk sports.

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Watch, if Melo gets traded to another team, our focus would then turn to someone else.

Deron Williams perhaps? Maybe Morey is just waiting to pounce on this oppurtunity?

via ESPN

18. sammy

I would never accept a Jazzhole on the Rockets.

sike! d will is a beast and a half.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Now we agree, got to hit the spoiler though....and it is
    pysch !

Just to be clear.

DD

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Who do yall think would be better for this current Rockets squad?

Deron Williams or Carmelo Anthony?

Who would Morey pursuit harder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.