1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

once again

you are believing one single report without fact checking the specifics.

quit doing that....that is what gets you and others in here all worked up for nothing.

lets look at it logically.

Anthony says he wants a team that can contend...after trading players on their rosters for him, can any of those teams contend(especially so for Kings and Wolves).

no way Anthony re-ups for Minny...no way. They are the worst team and front office in the west..Kings?? who are they gonna trade for him and can they contend after losing all those players?

I dont have time to lok up the specifics...but just offhand this report doesnt pass the smell test.

Why dont yall just be patient and we will see what happens in due time.

1 person likes this.
  3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Sorry about that, I just get carried away. :(

Anyways, do you have some inside info? :grin:

4. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

Another thing the line up would look like this:

Brooks/Lowry/Smith
    Martin/Lee/Taylor
    Melo/JR
    Scola/Hayes
    Yao/Miller

That's a Championship team

5. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

When did he say this? And what team could he go to that has a better shot at a title than Denver? (Houston might make it to that point but only if Yao is healthy).

The Nuggets have been a top team in the west ever since the Billups trade, it's going to be hard to replicate that on another team.

6. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

1.i said all along melo doesnt want to come here,we are like #5 on his list, Nets/Knicks are his 1a and 1b choices

2.i said all along we are being used as leverage to get nets/knicks to trade ,so that melo can go there now,he doesnt want to have to wait to sign next year because he will lose money from the new cba

3.2 guys have posted here that seem like insiders, 1 named "gummi clutch" claimed last week that melo is going to the nets, another started his post "dear clutchfans" and proceeded to say morey isnt interested because the new cba is lowering max contracts so melo wants 20 million/yr now,that would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpaying in the upcoming years

Im starting to think Favors wont be traded. I bet its troy murphy and harris. That leaves favors/melo/lopez/williams as a core. Thats pretty good, problem is he will not be voted starting forward on allstar game(lebron/bosh/amare) and the nets will not beat heat,chicago,orlando,boston. He's looking at a 5th seed and no home court advantage and 1st round flameouts year after year.

I told you all Melo is dumb. He is p***y whipped and at 27 years old shouldnt be trying to hook up with a bad team just so he can be near his "roots" that he grew up in. I know he is homesick, but the offseason is 6 months and he has a home in LA. If he really loved Brooklyn so damn much they would live there for the offseason. 6 months is enough. Why does he need to spend 365 days a yr in Brooklyn to be on the worst team in the league?

Lala can still get a nice job in La or Ny with Melo playing for Rockets. If anything him and her could tap into china marketing .Thats better than hosting a show on mtv once a year. She must be very very very good in bed for Melo to do this.But still, being in the finals with Rockets will get him much much much much more visability than playing for a 5th seed Nets team.China/Yao/starting allstar/Finals > newark nj 2 years/5th seed

This just proves he is about sponsors and not winning. Atleast Bosh is about WINNING and will win with the Heat and get endorsements, Bosh knew he needed to be in finals. Melo is so dumb he wont even win. Plus his Caa agency is putting melo/lebron in the same conference. Meaning 1 of them will be bounced every year from reaching the finals.

This is what happens when you give uneducated non college graduates that grew up in basements in Akron a free pass to run an agency with the biggest FA's in nba. They collude on 2-3 teams and end up in the same conference like a bunch of dumbasses.Ruins the small market teams for years. 27 teams are basically just a nbdl/minor league to the major markets.

Meanwhile Durant will get an easy road to finals every year now because the west is terrible and Kobe has declined bigtime.

I wonder how bad amare feels now. Went from playing with Nash and wcf to being on the knicks with no melo,no lebron,no picks,no 6th year in his contract,no chris paul.The knicks with amare wont even be the best team in town. It will be the melo/lopez nets. Youd have to think in a year or two amare will want to be traded.

7. soupman

soupman Member

Who in the West but the Lakers would be favored in a 7-game series over either of these two lineups?

Brooks / Lowry
    Martin / Lee
    Anthony / Budinger
    Scola / Hayes
    Ming / Miller

or

Brooks / Lowry
    Martin / Lee
    Iguodala / Battier
    Scola / Hayes
    Ming / Miller

I think it comes down to one's perception of chemistry, given a reasonably healthy season.

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Anthony is hellava lot better than Iguodala and if some one tells you otherwise, they don't know what they are talking about.

Melo would push us to the next level, Iggy would probably win us a couple of more games.

9. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I seriously doubt that we could get Anthony without giving up Brooks or Martin. It's just not going to happen given how many teams seem to be in the Melo sweepstakes. Someone will outbid our offer.

Iguodala we might be able to swing.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'm sure we would be able to keep Patterson. We wouldn't have to give up all of our young talent (Hill, Bud, and Pat).

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Kings are far enough under the cap that they could trade Cousins, Omri Caspri and a 1st round pick to Denver strait up for Anthony. Denver might see Cousins as a franchise Center and might be willing to make that trade. Along with Cousins and a pick Denver would also get a massive trade exception (about 12 million) and immediate cap relief. Not a bad way to start the rebuilding process.

Tyreke Evans, Melo, Landry, Jason Thompson and Dalembert would certainly challenge for a play-off spot in the West.

The Nets could give Favors, Troy Murphy, Terrence Williams and a 1st for Melo and Chris Anderson. Murphy's 11 million would fall off of the books after the season and Denver would have netted Favors, Williams and a 1st. Not a bad haul if you believe in Derrick Favors ability to be a franchise player.

The Nets would have Devon Harris, Brooks Lopez and Melo as their core which probably gets them in the play-offs

Minnesota like Sac is a team with cap space. Minni could offer up Wesley Johnson, Michael Beasely the rights to Rick Rubio and a 1st round pick. Denver would also get a very large trade exception and a lot of immediate cap relief.

Minnesota would be left with Johnny Flynn, Kevin Love and Melo as the Core. I don't think that is enough to seriously challenge for a play-off spot in the West.

I could see Denver doing any of these trades and I could see Melo possibly staying with Sac or NJ but not Minni.

1 person likes this.
  12. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Yes it sucks for us. However, this appears to coming from Denver's side of things, not Anthony. What do those three teams have in common? They are three absolute worst teams in their respective conferences (based on last year's record). It seems like the Nuggets want Anthony to rot somewhere bad (which is probably why our buzz has died). They don't want to see him succeed and will take the best offer they can get from a crappy team, gutting them and leaving Melo with what's left (if that tweet has any legs).

All that said, I only see Anthony agreeing to sign an extension with one of those teams. That team (obviously the Nets), won't have to give much up, because the other teams won't break the bank for a half season rental. Congrats NJ.

13. Treeza

Treeza Member

What may happen is that melo could just say if you trade me to any of those teams Im not signing an extension. Melo wants to win a title, not barely make the playoffs. if that.

14. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

A TPE of $6.3 million can only be used on a player making that much or less... such as J.R. Smith.

15. Convictedstupid

Via AnotherBrother's Twitter.

BillyWashington

Melo's wife LaLa is in Houston, I just saw her in the Galleria.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

$#!t just got real

17. mi0304

mi0304 Member

bye bye Knicks!=)

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I love these type of rumors.

A.) It could be nothing, H-town is a pretty big city and she could just happen to be here for anything.

B.) It could mean everything, that Morey has a solid deal in place and she's checking out the territory.

C.) It could be false.

19. Convictedstupid

I am sure it is nothing, it is just fun to fuel the fire.

But my money is she has friends/family down here she is visiting. But give rep to AnotherBrother for being at the right place at the right time.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.