1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe they don't believe he won't sign his extension......

DD

2. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It's a forgone conclusion that he's gonna leave after this season anyways. If he doesn't get traded, I would be shocked if he re-signed with the Nuggets.

Their amature Front Office doesn't know what to do. They are inexperienced and they will find out the hard way that their gonna get bit in the ass if they don't pull a move before the season starts. The longer this drags out, the less they get back.

Have fun with getting stuck with Eddy Curry and some other trash that's gonna be offered by the Knicks at the deadline.

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You're kidding right? Sure, two starting units. One starting unit is good enough for championship run and the other starting unit is good enough for a lottery year. Injury proof? That's funny.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is only funny because you failed to comprehend my post. The word nearly was inserted for one player and one player only: Yao Ming. Anybody else can be replaced by a backup without losing much of an effort.

Don't pay attention to the last pre-season game. Too many D-leaguers there.

Lastly, I backup unit of Lowery, Miller, Hill, C-Bud and Lee will give our starting unit a run for its money.

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I'd love to see a short game of 5 minute qts between these guys. Team 1- Yao, Scola, Shane, Martin, Brooks. VS. Team 2- Hayes/Miller, Hil/PP, Chase, Lee, Lowery

Team 2 has the better defense with the guards but Team 1 has Yao in the middle. I think Hayes/Miller are smart and strong enough to contain Yao. Scola would eat Hill and PP for lunch.

Lee and Lowery vs Martin and Brooks??? Whoa!! That would be awesome to see.

And could Shane keep Chase from getting his shot off???

My bet Team 1,
    in double overtime.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I disagree. Hill/Pat/Chuck can't give us what Scola can on offense. CBud/Lee aren't as good as scoring or drawing fouls like Martin. Lowry can't hit jumpers like Brooks. Sure, they'll give as much effort but the talent is not there. I think we can manage if he miss one starter, but more than one and its going to be tough.

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

carmelo is overrated.

we dodged a bullet. i love budinger,i love hill, morey will work magic in the draft with those knick picks.

trading for carmelo is like trading for tmac. it would work great for 1 year then 1 injury to carmelo would strap this team for years with a bad contract and no flexibility

i hope we destroy the nets both times in china(denver is scouting nets) and i hope we beat the kobe-less lakers on national tv and i hope we kick denvers ass at the home opener.

at that point ,denver will understand that hill+cbud > favors (btw man favors sucks,i tried telling you guys from summer league favors looks like a bust)

btw,evan turner looks like a bust also...hahaha..thats what 76ers get for trying to rob us blind for iggy last year....screw them , i hope iggy enjoys playing for that crappy team

and once melo figures out this year (and he will the first game) that the rockets are better than nuggets, he will want out of denver so fast it will make your head spin.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Why?

It's an update on a topic that is being discussed in this thread.

That is why the mods requested all Melo news and updates to be in this thread rather than having the GARM infested with new posts about the same subject matter.

You don't have to read it if you don't. :rolleyes:

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Man if it does then we are ****ed.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Well, is Melo coming to Houston or not? Make up your damn mind. :p

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Don't bother reading his posts. This guy has been a big a troll as JCDenton or maybe he's just stupid?

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Truth be told, I sort of enjoy reading Brian Chapman's posts. It reminds me that I may not be too insane. :grin:

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i find comfort in knowing that we usually disagree.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If you go by that handle, that's alright by me. lol

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

...crickets chirping...

17. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Yeah, you're not allowed to give out nicknames if you can't spell a player with a $24 million contract on this team.

Wanna know why Melo isn't going anywhere? Denver was too stupid and chose to engage in finalized trade talks, and THEN test the market, instead of the other way around. Once the Devin Harris AK47 deal fell through, teams aren't going to overbid when Denver can opt out at the last minute and leave potential trade teams with pissed off players.

Denver is either going to get what they want from NY, NJ, or Chi or they will accept less from Houston. Either way, no point in worrying about it unless a real update happens.

Bye Melo, enjoy your ugly Nuggets uniform for the last time.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Nets still are trying to trade for Anthony, but they’re probably going to need more from Favors. The rookie power forward shot 0-for-5 and had zero points and five rebounds in 23 minutes in Wednesday’s 91-81 preseason loss to Houston in China. It was Favors’ third rough outing in four games, two of which were attended by a Nuggets scout. If Denver officials were watching Wednesday’s game on NBA TV, whatever interest they have in Favors may have lessened. Bergen Record

Sorry about the link. :grin:

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Good stuff. This only helps the Rockets if Morey is really trying to make a play for Melo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.