1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He played a staggeringly effective 4 minutes in his first game.

:)

DD

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

GREAT SUCCESS!!!! MAKE IT HAPP'N, CAP'N!!!

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Everyone gets what they want.

Pistons get that scoring point guard that they desperatly want.

Nuggets get Prince who they really are after and some expiring contracts and some youth. We could even offer up Patterson as well.

Rockets get that superstar that they want and also a serviceable hybrid 4/5 to backup Yao and Scola.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Plus, isn't Battier from the Detroit area?

Man this is exciting. Somebody should sticky this thread.

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Can't tell if serious?

But I think a trade centered around that could be good for all parties involved and w/o gutting our roster as well.

6. Houston_Rockets

Let me say first that I am not a hater of the "Melo to Houston idea", and in that proposed trade 1990, Houston and Detroit are winners, but Denver????

Don´t forget, they are trying to get the world for Melo, righly so, and there is NO WAY, that Houston only gives those players plus picks for Denver

Don´t forget, the idea of Detroit is to HELP Denver, and in return get a Great PG, but Prince, is NOT the center piece of the trade, he would be a great expiring that can produce on the floor, it does not make sense to package him along with other expirings, it makes sense to package him with young assets, Hill is not needed for Detroit, it would only be a plus, they have at least 5 PFs

I am not hatting, but the Melo trade hasn´t happened yet because Denver wants great things in return. Having Prince in there is a good start, but Hill, Jeffries, aJOHNSON, plus picks, won´t make this trade scenario great for Denver, actually, I think Detroit is the winner in that trade (only comparing Denver and Detroit), because they get players that are NEEDED right away

But ASidd_1990, that trade makes a lot of sense to Detroit, (and we get Melo), so the only problem is Denver part of the deal, even with the 2 picks plus Prince, it is not great, and they would probably decline that, but we are definitely in the game for Melo...

PeAcE

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Up the ante then and offer up Patterson and our picks next season and NY 2012 pick.

Make it interesting and dangle Martin and take back Afflalo in the deal.

We offer up a real nice package for a potential HOF and the 2nd best closer in the league according to league GM's.

8. Houston_Rockets

Patterson is another PF

This is why it is difficult to predict anything, do you think Morey would trade 3 starters for Melo??? Dont forget that Morey plays hard, and sometimes it is great, when there just a few teams involved, but sometimes it can be.... difficult

I know you have been very vocal about Melo, and what you think about him, you don´t need to hype him for me, I have a defined opinion about his game (I could care less about his private life), If I was half as vocal as you about Melo, I would probably be bashed until the day Melo proves my point, so for me Melo is a must, but there are limits....

But who cares about my (ours) opinions, they will decide, but that initial trade you proposed is a good one to start with, and hey, we have assets, so adding value is not a problem for Houston, the question is, will the BEST offer prevail??? Or will other THINGS be more important???

PeAcE

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just offer up Yao.

10. worzel gummidge

I thought it was implied that the Nuggets wanted both Rip & Prince. Anyhow, Harris & Johnson have non-guaranteed contracts. The Nuggets would cut $4.8M in payroll under this scenario:

[​IMG]

11. faraza84

faraza84 Member

If we got melo you think morey would still say "we aren't doing extensions"

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Nothing yet huh? Well Heres to hoping they dont become the next Toronto, Cleveland, or Phoenix. They are headed that direction also. Too bad I ebjoyed having Nuggets as one of our rivals yearly. Guess we should sell high on those Knicks picks Morey before Carmelo goes to them next year in free agency for nothing.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I like it. Wonder who our backup PG would be. Too bad Llull can't come in until next year.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Melo is not coming to Houston. Now Anthony Randolph.........

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Anthony Randolph is not coming to Houston. Now Carmelo Anthony................

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh god... I thought we were finally rid if this floating carcass.

1 person likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thanks...i needed that. :grin:

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Ishhhhh!!(as in swishhhh)

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

So when the Nuggets ultimately lose Carmelo for nothing to the Knicks I wonder what the NBA will do to facilitate the Chris Paul, Carmelo, and Amare trio? Nuggets become the next floating NBA carcass and shadow city? New super team conference?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.