1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo: Amare on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nolocke, Feb 5, 2009.

1. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I like that, but Shane's backup is who, unless Mac can play the 3 and Wafer at the 2 , but that means no defense

2. ibm

ibm Member

don't be rude, son. you were saying amare will got trade for a reason, implying he ain't any good. ask that question to many trades involving great players - were they of any good?

as hot as dhoward is, compare him to amare. who's better? i say it's hard to say.

3. King901

King901 Member

I heard before that Morey likes Amar'e but the suns didnt want anyone we had.

4. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

JUST A NOTE:

IN MY OPINION: JUST LEARNED THAT THE BUCKS MAY TAKE THEIR CHANCES AND SIGN STARBURY

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Unless the rockets offered them Yao, I don't see any chance in getting Amare.

6. ThaShark316_28

1st sentence...yes...100% true...he'd fit in PERFECTLY for those teams.

2nd....not really. Remember the talk a few months ago? About the Knicks getting both Bosh and LeBron in the same off-season? They'd probably keep Amare around after 2010 when his deal is up and sign LeBron and be done with it.

7. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

anyway we could deal scola, battier, alston and a pick or two? one can only dream of this lineup

brooks
    mcgrady
    artest
    stoudamire
    yao

8. ibm

ibm Member

people have got to understand, the suns are moving their pieces because of financial reasons. at least that's what i've read so far. and if that is true, they'd only want expirings and such and can care less about whom they get in return.

9. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Ask anyone on the board, son. Your propossed trade wont happen, eva. Its just fluff.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on the coach, but I think:

T-Mac (the one we got for Steve/Cuttino)

Amare

under

D'Antoni

That team would pass the first round.

11. Gooback

Gooback Member

Ah yes, i remember now. Amare and Lebron would be better than bron with bosh actually and seein as though Dantoni has experience using Amare and also including the fact that every former organization loves dealing to people who used to work for them, i now say NY will be his new team wit Lee being the main piece of the deal.

12. joesr

joesr Member

umm is it a opinion? or did you see this somewhere?? not that I care for him but thought it was a bit weird way of saying it

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There are still people who think Amare is better than or preferable to Yao?

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Some advice, rookie. You can't just make bold claims without providing a link or some form of back up. This is the third time IN THIS THREAD that you've done that. How do you start off a claim with "In my opinion" then say you "heard" a rumor somewhere? It makes no sense at all.

15. Gooback

Gooback Member

Or even under JVG or Adelman as well...imo.

16. ibm

ibm Member

don't bite your tongue, stick to your silly "he's getting traded since he ain't any good" "opinion". :(

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

let's not just look at the big names, the rumor is everyone but nash is on the table...i wouldn't mind getting one or two of their role players...

Hill + Lopez would be nice.....

I think they may be interested in Artest, he may be slipping a bit on D, but they still lack defensive toughness...that may not be an equal trade talent wise, but it may work out for Houston...

i dont think salaries match though...

hill, lopez, and barbosa for Ron and Brooks?? I'm not too crazy about letting brooks go, but phoenix doesn't have much to work with since they have 4 players taking up like 90% of their salary...

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Didnt say he wasnt good, rookie. I said I dont like him. I think he isnt the same player after the microfracture surgery. Its probably the toughest surgery to come back from. Never liked his attitiude when he came in the league. Thats my opinion son.

19. worzel gummidge

IN MY OPINION :D : not a very convincing "insider".

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4192294&postcount=108
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4191013&postcount=13
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4191644&postcount=76

20. ibm

ibm Member

so amare is getting traded because you, a CF fan, don't like him? lol.

opinions are like behinds, everyone has got one. so don't value you own too much.

btw, you can't use "son" in your post w/o my express consent, since i used it first. it is copyrighted. :eek: