1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo: Amare on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nolocke, Feb 5, 2009.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Amare is not in a contract year. He is signed through next year and has a player option for the year after that...which at $17 million, he'll take.

The Shaq/Amare issue that people are noting is correct. So you wouldn't expect it to be that different Yao/Amare. That said, it's all in Amare's head. He still puts up great numbers...just a little more inconsistently. He still shots 54%, scores 21 a game and grabs 8 boards. PF isn't generally our weakest position anymore, but then Artest is really giving us nothing at the moment and if you could get Amare for some combination of Artest/Scola...you'd think about it.

As far as the Suns are concerned, though, I'd much prefer to go after Nash. Ron Artest, Rafer Alston, Chuck Hayes for Nash.

2. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

IN MY OPINION:

THREE WAY TALKS ARE FADING. ATLANTA/HOUSTON/PHOENIX ARE WORKING ON DEALS RIGHT NOW BUT ATLANTA WILL NEED A QUALITY POINT GUARD IF BIBBY GOES. LOOKS LIKE THE DEAL WITH AMARE WILL BE A POSSIBLE OPTION UNLESS HOUSTON/ATLANTA CAN PUT UP A POINT GUARD THAT WILL HELP ATLANTA IN BIBBY'S ABSENCE

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

And how do you propose that we come up with $30million of outgoing salary (not to mention viable talent) to take back Bibby and Amare?

4. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

Learned that Speedy Claxton will be cut after the season. In My Opinion!

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

First, he is not that great, and very expensive, so this is no need to try to get him.

Second, you may need give up Yao if you really want to get him, I do not think that they want any other players from us, they are either not young, or not one with the big expiring contract. Tmac? maybe.

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

You make the least sense on the topic out of every post in this thread in my opinion.

7. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

Hell I don't know. Ask Houston!. I'm not the one dealing here.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed on whoever paying him ultimately regretting it but he basically has two years under contract after this season. I have a hard time seeing him pass on nearly $18M to opt out. Why not hang onto him one more year and try to salvage this season? They're still 2nd place in their division and competing for a playoff spot. Sure, we know that team is flawed but tweaks/adjustments can be made without trading away your best young player. Unless, of course, an offer you can't refuse presents itself.

9. rocketsmetalspd

I rather do the TMac, Luther, Rafer deal for Amare and Nash. Screw Atlanta.

10. RedRowdy111

Couldnt have said it better!!!

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'd offer Yao.

Awaits reaming....

12. King901

King901 Member

And your source is?

13. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If we're dealing Artest the only thing we could possibly get in return would be Barbosa, not Amare. If you want Amare, sure. Cough up Yao and he's probably ours.

14. Gooback

Gooback Member

I would offer Yao for him if Tracey was the T-Mac of Orlando.

Athletic and unstoppable T-Mac with Athletic big man= jizm

please note: Yao is my favorite player on the Rockets.

15. ThaShark316_28

First teams people are talking about are TOR and NY...and I don't see the Knicks dealing David Lee...butttttt then again...for amare, I'd trade Lee's ass quick if I'm the Knicks.

On the Raptor front, you know Phoenix will ask for Bosh. If I was Toronto, I'd wait to deal Bosh until after the season unless you get a great offer for him, but that's a story for another day.

Amar'e is as good as gone. It's just a matter of who will get him.

16. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

IN MY OPINION:

Sadly, we will not be getting Mike Bibby. I think PHOENIX is definitely interested in ARTEST. :(

17. RedRowdy111

But he aint so....

18. King901

King901 Member

Do you have any sources? Becuase IMO, everythinig you posted in this thread is a lie.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

IN MY OPINION is his source. :D

20. Gooback

Gooback Member

Calderon could get Amare back to superstar status but then again maybe Dantoni could do the same as well. Wouldn't amare hurt Ny's chances at Lebron though?