1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo: Amare on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nolocke, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Hmm..if Phoenix asked for Scola would Morey give in?

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Well, baller4life315 said the same thing, only better. :eek:

3. rockability71

rockability71 Member

Wow, you called me a Sun's friend because I like Amare and I think he will be able to help us. LOL. I am not a Sun's fan but you are obviously a Amare-hater. The fact is that Amare is better than any of our PFs by miles. Deal with it.

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Yeah he has talent, but I dont see the same player he was after the surgery. I like our duo of Scola and Landry at a budget price. They are the only Rockets to play in all 82 games, and I think they have maintained the PF poistion as our strongest position so far this year. You are day dreaming if you think the Suns would even trade him to a play-off rival. I just dont see any sort of a deal happening.

5. ibm

ibm Member

why not? to me it's even a give-in. scola's d isn't spectacular, anyway.

6. rocketsmetalspd

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Up to now, Steve Kerr has been a disaster for the Suns. He was a terrible choice for GM. Still, if you forget everything that led to today, this is the right move for them to make. Not only is Amare NOT a franchise player, I betcha his knee will become a problem again within a couple of years. The team that gives him max money will regret it.

8. choujie

choujie Member

Landry does the same thing, even though Amare is more explosive. Too bad just like Landry, Amare don't play D either, that's the only reason he couldn't get to NBA final with Nash, Joe Johnson, Marion on the same team.

Rox need D at Pf position.

9. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

IN MY OPINION:

I THINK HOUSTON IS ENTERTAINING THE IDEA OF ARTEST PLUS 2MIL, THE RIGHTS TO MUTOMBO AND THE ROCKETS SECOND ROUND PICK. MAYBE TOO MUCH AND ARTEST IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE CONSIDERATION. THE MORE UNHAPPY ARTEST GETS ABOUT IT, THE MORE ROCKETS OWNER AND GM COULD PULL THE TRIGGER. IT'S INTERESTING THOUGH.

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

A better question is, would you do Amare for Yao? That was a hot debate some time back.

Not that Phoenix needs both Yao and O'Meal. But HYPERTHETICALLY, would you do it?

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

HYPERTHETICALLY, no!

12. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

IN MY OPINION:

I THINK THE ROCKETS ALSO WANT BIBBY IN THIS DEAL AND COULD BE LOOKING AT OPTIONS INCLUDING BROOKS AND HEAD

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If Phoenix is dying to get under the luxury tax threshold, like they have been in past years, maybe they would go for this trade:

Scola + Artest + Head for Amare.

This puts Houston over the luxury tax based upon the salary differential, but Les said he would do this to get a "special" player. It also provides Phoenix some defense that they have been sorely lacking. If this doesn't get Phoenix under the tax threshold (but I think it would), we could take back an additional player from Phoenix with a salary of a little over $2 million or less, in exchange for the Bonzi Wells trade exception.

14. rocketsmetalspd

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Rockets are not getting Amare

Rockets are not getting Bibby

Put down the X-box 360 and PS3 controllers.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

IF the Rockets traded anyone, but Yao Ming and some of the backcourt players. Then, ended up with Amare...the Rockets would easily win the West.

Yao would actually defer to Amare, while Adelman could work both of them into the gameplan.

It's not possible, though. I doubt Phoenix would give us that type of boost.

17. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

IN MY OPINION:

PHOENIX IS DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN RON ARTEST!-IN MY OPINION

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

LOL.

Looks like the Artest honeymoon is finally coming to an end, just like I predicted a long time ago.

But don't you guys know? Tru Warier chucks up bad shots with HEART!

19. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Why are you writing in smurf blood?

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Yao for Amare straight up.