1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y Sports Radio] Calvin Murphy: Jeremy Lin Needs The Ball In His Hands

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bball7, Jan 25, 2013.

1. PointGuardRocks

U sounded just like SAS. Clueless.

2. kcal

kcal Member

Lin's stats without harden are identical to his NY stats. If you haven't checked, Lin's a 20/8 guy per 36 in NY and in HOU without Harden.

3. kcal

kcal Member

Relax son. It's called sarcasm.

4. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Isn't that what "LOFs" been saying all along? We never said he jumps as high as Harden, or shoots over double teams like Kobe. NO! we never said that! We've been saying what Calvin Murphy has been saying all along. Unfortunately, it takes a Hall of Famer to make his point.

It's kind of like, if I say 2+2=4, people would say I'm an idiot. But if it was U. of Texas math professor, you guys start listening.

5. hltiki

hltiki Member

Lin is not a superstar nor an all star (this season) in my eyes, but for ****'s sake, saying Lin's ball handling, including his PnR handling, dishing, and other traditional 1 duties, is inferior to Chalmers? Realy?!?!?!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's what Kevin Martin does.

Popovich gives the ball to Ginobody to run the offense
    Jackson did that with MJ and Kobe
    OKC did that with Harden
    Riley did that with Wade

Why would you have Harden do that?

You know what that list above has in common besides three HOF coaches and a bazzilion rings: None of those teams had a traditional PG....and Lin isn't either.

Time to realize that history dictates that Harden play a playmaker role like some of the best SGs in history. He is more traditional than Lin is ... and Murphy certainly WAS NOT a typical PG either.

#106 heypartner, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you are free to think that.

8. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

google is your friend. :cool:

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never said it was inferior, I said taking the ball away from Harden to give it to Lin more would be like taking it away from Lebron and Wade and giving it to Chalmers more. I equated the two, I didn't say one was inferior to the other.

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. McHale can borrow from those other coaches and reap the benefits of staggering minutes.

When Lin and Harden are on the court together, it is a process of learning to play with another playmaker. Tony Parker went through this learning process. Lin is right now.

11. PointGuardRocks

I can't do any cherry picking . Cuz thats the only cherry to pick this year
    I wish i had more choices.:grin:

12. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

for what he cant do anything with the ball, now wait till we get our 2nd superstar lin will have to make jumpshots

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

19%, Harden's is 29%

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could not agree with you more.

15. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

If Harden was LBJ or Wade, then Rocket wouldn't have that losing streak.
    He actually had the ball all the time, the results spoke for itself. He is just a Mini-LBJ for the best.

16. thekad

thekad Member

The position Lin and Harden play is pretty irrelevant; I don't understand why people keep harping on that point. You have one lead guard and that's Harden. In OKC, that's Westbrook. In Miami, that's Lebron for the most part though he can play pretty much any position or role. If Lin can't learn to play off Harden then he needs to go.

Of course, Lin hasn't been efficient in either role, on-ball or off-ball, so there's even less "there" there.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's just not true. One superstar player on the youngest team in the league simply isn't enough. The Rockets are essentially James Harden and the Pips as currently constructed.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Well at least it came out..... and it explains your irrational hatred of James Harden.

19. kcal

kcal Member

20. M4-Nightvision

Finally somebody say something about this, thank you Calvin Murphy. I've been saying this all along. heck the rockets can't even get the ball inbound at times, and asik turnover a few times a games because of that.