1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y! Sports] After the Buzzer: Rockets taking their time with McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 12, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

fwiw:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-100212-bulls-bits-taj-gibson,0,5596071.story

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/02/is_rumored_winwin_trade_the_ro.html

First, I don't think there was ever any real heat with the Rockets and Wizards on Butler and Haywood coming to Houston. I spent a lot of the day working on a Deng rumor. Nothing there, at least not with the Rockets. -- Jonathan

So take Deng out of the equation but I could see Thomas, Miller, Salmons, Harrington and TMAC all involved in this.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thomas and Salmons isn't bad...or Hinrich I suppose.

Thomas has some potential at least.

4. towW

towW Member

Not to be an a:mad: but Cuban's Mavs are so successful because he's invests timesee deuche in stands and willing to blow wads of cash in turn making Dallas easily competitive/fun to watch which produces him billions of dollars that he can then cycle through his team. But it doesn't matter MAVS SUCK!!!!!!!

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I'll take Kirk Hinrich over John Salmons any day.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why do we need another PG?

Salmons would be a good fit here at SG.

7. towW

towW Member

If Hinrich is given the green light he can light it up. But he naturally doesn't fire SG rounds. imo we need Salmons more than Hinrich but who's to say we can't throw Brooks at SG on offense and turn Hinrich on defending the opposing SG. Have Shane/Ariza on tap to guard their star guard/sf.

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Salmons is meh...never been a huge fan of him and his shot selection is questionable at times.

I'm just a big fan of Hinrich's game...incredible IQ and arguably the best point guard defender in the league.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Rox get Salmons, Thomas and Miller
    - Decent SG, Vetern Big and possible future Big

Bulls get Harrington and Hughes
    - Scorer Big and expiring deal but most of all clears Salmons contract to go after a Max Player

Knicks get TMAC
    - Enough said

No damage to the LTax this season or much damage to the SCap next year.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, there's never enough said! ;)

I was thinking along the same lines for fun and would add Cook and Taylor to New York, and have New York send Toney Douglas to the Rocks. There are roster spots for everyone that way, and we get some real young talent in Douglas as the price for giving the Knicks all that cap space at the end of the season. Chicago has expressed interest in Harrington in the past, I think, and get a replacement for Salmons on a shorter contract. Don't like to lose Taylor and wouldn't care if New York took Dorsey instead. Dorsey could get a tryout with them and would be another expiring contract if New York doesn't want him. We also send out $29.4 million and take in $24.4 million, a very groovy thing for the Rockets. Works on the trade thingy.