1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y! sources: Rockets recruit Kings for 3-way to send T-Mac to Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Feb 17, 2010.

1. worzel gummidge

KT is an expiring contract.

2. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

I'm shocked that we don't see Martin's name in here somewhere...

Perhaps, they are just holding back from leaking Martin's name and the name of the Rockets rotational player that it would take to get this done? (If there was a way to even get it done without Salmons...)

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps Morey values Udrih more than we do. Last year, I have to admit I knew next to nothing about Kyle Lowry, and I don't feel like I know that much about Udrih's game either (other than the fact he can shoot).

Could Morey see Udrih as a 2 that can handle the ball much of the time, allowing Brooks to focus on scoring? He'd be good at spreading the court for Brooks and Yao, but can he play defense? I have no idea...

I can't imagine Morey sees Udrih as a replacement for Lowry under any circumstances unless we are getting Martin out of the deal, though. And if we aren't getting Martin, wouldn't we be better off just taking Hinrich, who is also 6'3, for the same purpose while getting Miller and Thomas for ourselves (without the pain of Nocioni's contract)?

Doesn't make a lot of sense as reported...

3. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Every time a thread even mentioning a team besides our own, Chicago's or NY's the trade gets worse and worse. We really need to bring back CD. He'd have Amare and Iggy prepping for Yao's return, and call the HOU police to close off streets for a victory parade come next June. Dm is making all these 'saavy' trades and drafts which I admit was a huge fan of but now when we have someone of this caliber of a trade asset we need to get something in return not borderline dleague players.

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yikes.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

so is Dorsey fwiw....

6. Yak

Yak Member

We'd have Amar'e, Iggy, and Yao.

But we'd have Matt Maloney, Kelvin Cato, Luther Head, Kwame Brown, Moochie Norris, and Juwan Howard filling out the rest of our rotation.

Then we'd either lose to the Lakers, Nuggets, or Mavs in the playoffs

or Yao would break his foot and Amar'e would get poked in the eye.

Then Yao would retire, Amar'e would go blind from numerous eye surgeries, and we'd be left with Iggy and his 55 million dollar contract for 4 years.

So, let's bring back CD.

7. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Seriously, do you people even remember the CD years?

8. AKVerse47

AKVerse47 Member

DM has overplayed his hand. He could have easily gotten a deal done with the Bulls or The Knicks but asked for too much and we end up with nothing. I'll happily eat my words tomorrow if I turn out to be wrong but right now this entire scenario looks terrible

9. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Houston reaching out to Memphis for three way.

Chicago looking to unload Hinrich, Deng along with Tyrus Thomas and Brad Miller. Chicago wants Conley and Randolph while Houston looking to acquire Rudy Gay.

Chicago receives McGrady, Conley and Randolph.

Houston receives Brad Miller and Rudy Gay.

Memphis receives Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich.

10. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Where did you here this? Or are you pulling this outta ur ass?

11. worzel gummidge

Rockets aren't asking enough for what they'd be doing for the Knicks or Bulls.

Rockets don't have to throw a lifeline to those teams. If they don't want to compensate the Rockets fully for bailing them out. They can...

12. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

link?

13. worzel gummidge

14. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

My source is dating Monta Ellis and her uncle is Steve Francis' agent.

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Agreed here, CD liked to make small trades, but never tried to swing for the fences (besides the TMac trade). I feel that Morey tries his best every opportunity to get the Rockets better.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

bring back kelvin cato!

and matt maloney!

and scottie pippen!

and eddie griffin!

and stromile swift!

and john amaechi!

and mirsad turcan!

and jason collier!

and moochie norris!

and the rest!

17. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

Ok...Memphis gets RAAPED in that deal...wheres the source?

18. Asian Sensation

19. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

its hearsay but my friend (who is dating monta and is close friends with steve francis because their agent is her uncle, Jeff Fried), says that monta was screaming at his agent about a rumor of a memphis trade and he said that memphis is not trading oj mayo and instead trying to build around him. Says memphis is talking with Houston and Chicago. The only details she got were Rudy coming to Houston, McGrady to Chicago and memphis looking for a way to win in memphis.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

were they at baskin robbins?