1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y! sources: Rockets recruit Kings for 3-way to send T-Mac to Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Feb 17, 2010.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I'm going to sleep now... too stressful... I hope I'll wake up in the middle of the night to check yahoo and Morey masterminded some 7 team blockbuster trade and somehow we get Lebron after the smoke settles. :grin:

2. Durrby

Durrby Contributing Member

If there is any truth to this rumor it has to be for Martin, Udrih, and Nocioni. That would make a lot more sense than what was reported. If it was Martin instead of Thomas this would actually be a good trade for all 3 teams. It would give clear $15 to $20M of cap room for the Kings next year, the Rockets would get the wing scorer they desperately need, and the Bulls would clear cap space and have the potential of McGrady returning to form and being a star player for the Bulls.

I can only hope this is what is currently being discussed. I think if it isn't then it's either a smokescreen or Morey is smoking something.

3. dreamshake27

dreamshake27 Rookie

No Martin? WTF?!?!?!

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

We don't need another under size PF out of Kenny Thomas and i'm sure that Noccioni is not the player that the Rockets needs. Bad deal the way i look at it!

5. worzel gummidge

Only $8-9M of cap space because of Tyrus's cap hold.

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

No need for cussing. this aint no Knicks board! There are little kids on this site so watch ur language and be civil, please. ;)

7. Durrby

Durrby Contributing Member

The Kings actually have about a $63M salary for this year and $41M on the books for next season as it stands now. They can shed another $6M if they don't give extensions to Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez. So they probably are motivated to cut salary. But I sincerely doubt that they can move Nocioni and Udrih unless Martin is involved in the deal or they end up taking back bad contracts from other teams.

Regardless I can only pray that the reported deal is incorrect and Martin is included in the deal.

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Their GM is a moron and is in denial about their current situation. He still thinks they can win games so he doesn't want to give up on Iggy, even though they've only won like 18 games. We offered Bud and Mac, but his dumbarse rejected it!

9. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

I know we like to dismiss this as BS and all, but Woj is pretty reliable. Go check the, who's going to break the trade thread/poll. Maybe not exactly the exact players mentioned, but it can't be wrong on every angle. There's gotta be some truth to it.

And, yeah, with KMart, it makes it easier to stomach. But, still. Ehhhhh

10. joesr

joesr Member

If they say a protected 1st round for 14 pick or lower, it basically means if they would have gotten 14 or lower they get to keep the pick. Usually set lower.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Adrian Wojo has lost all credibilty to me when it pertains to the Rockets. This is the same idiot that said we were getting Butler and Haywood and is was basically a done deal, look how that turned out? It seems like whatever he says about the Rockets, the complete opposite happens.

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Not possible. I'd rather take Eddy Curry than Udrih and Nocioni, and we get nothing good out of this.

13. mic

mic Contributing Member

I cannot freaking wait for this whole debacle to be over.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I wouldn't get to far down on Wojo, he is really good but all the leaked info is making all the insider look foolish because teams are trying to gain leverage.

15. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Well, Stein reporting confidence among sources that a NY/Hou trade will go down.

16. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

To me he lost credibility when he posted the rumor on C. Butler given that the Rockets had zero (0) interest in him.

17. worzel gummidge

As I said they will be operating near the league minimum. They can't save more money by getting under the league min payroll. Under league rules players are given raises to meet that season's minimum.

18. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Brad Miller and John Salmons homecoming deal?

Damn, they both just got sent away to the Bulls IIRC then the 3-way deal is going to help them come "home". That's not looking good on paper for Houston. Hope Morey would pull off a great and beneficial trade for us.

19. Mcgrady4ever

Mcgrady4ever Member

what the hell is that trade?! I would rather give min to Dorsey than KENNY THOMAS!! though Udrih is a good player, he's not a quick guy that can play fastbreak with Lowry and will never suit our style...

20. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

[​IMG]