1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y do Rockets players keep quiet about atmosphere at TC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Nov 7, 2017.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Waiting for the day Tillman does seating like Southwest Airlines. Solves all the problems. Charge a flat rate for certain sections and you can pick your own seat. Incetivise the fans to come early and get in their seats before tip off.

s3ts, Houstunna and RudyTBag like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's not.

Nice profile pic Brody. :D

3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Dear lord. Now that would be amazing.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

lol. dream on.

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Interesting. When I see OKC or Utah packed to the gills with fans in the playoffs, and I see our arena empty to the point where Marv Albert mentions it on national TV, I get bummed.

You want to know why? It's because that impacts our players too. 100 percent. Anyone that has ever played ball knows that their is a tangible difference when excitement and support is in the air. Home-court advantage can be a huge advantage. If you have a problem with die-hard Rocket fans wanting EVERY advantage for their team to win the game, well, that's what annoys me most. Always annoying to hear people like that.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Game 6. Potentially the final game of our season, and we have a G-League crowd in the front rows. If you want the Houston Rockets to have every advantage going into a game, then you SHOULD be concerned about this pitiful playoff attendance.

We lost the first quarter 31-24. Do you think we get beat down this badly If the Toyota center is rocking?

Maybe. Do we want to take that chance? HECK no. Figure out how to get butts in seats when it is playoff time, PERIOD.

Reeko likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's called simple economics. Those seats have been purchased. You could be a Rockets fan and buy those seats if you wanted to. They start at $7,500.00 a seat per season.

Have at it. If you don't want to put your butt in those seats why talk?

I've put my money where my mouth is. Been to 3 games so far this year. Where ya'll at?

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I go to as many games as I can (10-15 each season) so save that “go to games” talk for someone else

if I could pay $7500 for a seat then I’d be in my seat and cheering on the team instead of not even showing up or staying silent all game while staring at my phone

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

They need to find a way to bring that atmosphere to the lower bowl area.

Reeko, Houstunna and RudyTBag like this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The 7 PM start time didn't help matters. If it's a playoff game and the tipoff is 8:30(technically more like 8:45), then people's butts will be in the seats. But Toyota Center simply doesn't fill up for these 7 PM games and that includes obviously the regular season as we've seen for years.

I'm not sure what can be done to improve this. I do think things will get a lot better over the next few weeks and months as the city shifts its focus from the Astros(and likely the Texans now that Watson's out for the year) and the Rockets also play more home games(only 4 thus far over 3 weeks into the season). I'm a diehard Rockets fan and even I'll admit that the NBA's been an afterthought during the Stros' postseason run.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

There may not be a feasible solution and I think we all have come to expect it in the regular season, but it is really a bummer when the playoffs roll around. A rowdy crowd can help get these guys amped up and focused. It is just human nature. Years of watching the Rockets play in Salt Lake has convinced me that those seats matter, especially in the playoffs. If teams are equally matched, those little advantages add up.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Here's an idea:
    Lower bowl seats are invalid for entry past half-time. Re-sell empty seats in the lower-bowl at 70% discount inside the arena during half-time. If you're a jackass that woke up past half-time to get into those seats, go buy upper-bowl seats and line up at that 70% discount register and hope there's still some seats left.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If you aren't there ("you" generally), I just don't see how you can get upset about other people who aren't either. You're part of the problem.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Were you there?

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So, as someone who attends games regularly, do you think attendance is a problem?

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

There’s plenty of options to get people in those seats for cheaper prices. It’s up to the owner: money, business and profit or home court advantage, energy and fandom? Some great suggestions in this thread. I doubt Fertitta does anything though.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's a dilemma for the team to be sure .

It's not like those seats in the lower bowl aren't bought . They are purchased , the people that buy those seats just don't show up ... Both literally and in terms of making noise .

It's a problem for the team becuase they are making money right now off of those seats . Why would they lower the price of the tickets are already being bought?

I agree the solution needs to be creative .

Something like letting fans in the upper deck move down or creating other incentives to be in your seat when the game starts .

Houston traffic and parking is another issue .

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

just saw this picture posted on Reddit...smh

[​IMG]

the lower bowl only looks a little bit better than this throughout the game a lot of the time

19. rocketseagles07

I know what you mean. I went to see the Knicks play the pacers at MSG the other day and the crowd was loud as hell and got them back in the game.

But that's in lame NYC, if they had other stuff to do like Houston they wouldn't be at the games either

CapelaOnlyFan and Houstunna like this.
  20. rocketseagles07

It's embarrassing period and I'm not even from Houston. You know how many times I've been watching a game and my wife has a friend over who couldn't name 90% of the players in the league say, "damn no ones there?".

It's also embarrassing because we have a good team, in a quality city with a LOT of people who have money yet there's no enthusiasm. Harden scored 56 the other night and half the arena is empty

Reeko likes this.