1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y’all are ungrateful & need to show KPJ some love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PatBev, Apr 6, 2022.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'm looking at KPJ's actions, like always calling for the ball similar to what Harden used to always do. Big difference being Harden at elite court vision and was a great playmaker whereas KPJ hasn't shown the same consistent skill like Harden did at a similar age.

We all hope he matures. That goes without saying. If he doesn't mature then all this coddling would have been a giant waste. KPJ has bad habits fans don't want to rub off on the rookies like Green, Sengun, and Christopher. That's another reason for the hesitancy from fans. KPJ more than any other player on the team needs to show some real growth.

You have a billion dollar organization holding your hand for years. At some point you gotta grow up. Let your teammates bring up the ball some, feed the hot hand, make the easy read, etc. No need for an and-1 mixtape dribble with a stepback three. that doesn't help team growth and the starting PG should know that, right?

javal_lon likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody won much on this Rockets team....unless you have decent defenders, decent veterans, a good coach you wouldn't see the result.

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

When you post stuff like this, it insinuates that you believe KPJ is on the same level as them... I'm sure there's some deep digging stats that would place Garuba in the same statistical category as Wilt and Kareem someway...

Nook and kjayp like this.
  5. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m just trying to help y’all take your mind to the next level man

javal_lon likes this.
  6. my time to shine

I want KPJ off the team.

You're just tripping when you root for him to go broke... kid

get a job

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who's rooting for him to go broke? I just think he will go broke if he squanders more opportunities. I rooted for him to play well and act professionally but we got thrown soup instead. You need some money kid?

9. my time to shine

you're a broke clown little bro

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol this so cherry picked. I argue this all the time in spaces. Being the point guard is irrelevant. I can't believe that's still contentious. Jalen green has made me more open to the kpj experiment. Green being a star will make when we cared about what position kpj plays look trivial lol

11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t have anything to say. Just trying to provide a little extra data for everyone to use while making their cases.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

when KPJ shows me that he can go to work on a consistent basis without having a meltdown... then i will consider giving him some love n respect...
    but seems he cant put his head down and do his job for an entire year without losing his chit at one point or another...
    as i said... talented - but damaged goods...

slothy420, Nook, msakes and 2 others like this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I like kpj but he’s not a pg if that’s hating then **** me.

msakes likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude where you been.

This placed has missed your levity.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right now, we should be happy to have KPJ vs not having him.

Let's see how next year goes now.

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You know, I’m just convinced this board needs scapegoats. First, it was Green. Then, when he started playing well, the focus shifted to Wood. Now that Wood is sitting, people are bashing KPJ despite his run of excellent games recently. It’s absurd.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm a fan of KPJ and I'm esp pleased we got such a good talent for only a 2nd rounder but why do I need to be grateful to him? He should be grateful to me, my league pass partly pays for his salary.

I'm grateful to Tmac, Yao Ming, Scola, Harden, EG and Dwight cuz they gave me years of enjoyment in the playoffs, even if they ultimstely didnt win anything. I'm sure as hell not grsteful to Green, KPJ, Wood etc all these young people we have are talents but the Rox havent won ****. The Rox still have negative ROI on them so nah, nobody needs to be gratrful to them as they havent accomplished anything for the frsnchise yet.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why does he not fit into a winning system?

roslolian likes this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

It’s sarcasm

I just think there should be a little more excitement for a backcourt as a whole and not just individual players like it’s a political party

I agree he has issues that can’t be part of the culture but until I see a real rumor. Like I’ll take a espn or bleacher report rumor on him rubbing the organization the wrong way. All I’ve seen are assumptions by internet randoms unfamiliar with the situation. I’ve seen players make more noise around a situation for less in a locker room

I just think more fans would be happy in a first year rebuild & understand he was given a ranking team of rookies and low talent players. Most undrafted journey man. I would just expect excitement from our backcourt recent play