1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y’all are ungrateful & need to show KPJ some love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PatBev, Apr 6, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Who ****ING cares, he is 21, immature, and how does it effect you in ANY way?

Barkley threw a guy through a plate glass window, Iverson clocked a dude in the head with a chair, Beverley was kicked off his college team for cheating, I mean.....so ****ing what the dude is immature....

I don't get people holding stuff against a player, frankly it is none of our business, if the org is ok with it, and they are working through it, then it is very SMALL of fans to hold him to a standard in which the org is not.

And glad that Green is more mature - will help rub off on others. Not sure why you even brought him up in a KPJ thread, this is one of the problems...people pitting KPJ vs Green when it should be KPJ and Green.

DD

GotGame15, ilias and Denovo like this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Well said. Thanks for putting things in perspective

DaDakota likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Please DD, give KPJ your favorite player status. We all know what becomes of your pet favorites...

BTW, You listed all NON NBA champions. We want to win Rings here

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hit me up if you think we are ungrateful again.......

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would gladly give Jerry Lin's ring to Barkley if I could.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am that cloud you are fuming at but I got no problem... with it.

[​IMG]

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Which one of these involves walking out on the team multiple times, on and off the court, because things didn't go their way? Your naming a whole bunch of other scenarios (with their own backstories) as a way to cover for KPJ but that's not gonna fly.

The problem is KPJ thinks he is Harden or already a cemented star in this league but he's not. You mention Green being more mature but I doubt we see KPJ ever look up to Green because he's always trying to minimize him as the "lil bro".

flamingdts and Yung-T like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Such a good post. Love the passion OP.

[​IMG]

9. i3artow i3aller

Oh Green's mature now? Weren't you the one freaking out when Green went shopping with his childhood friend post ASB?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't he also waving dollar notes instead of doing p0rnZ.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

only objection to the OP

do you have to use so many cuss words.gif

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

I just want everybody to by as hyped as I am about our backcourt in 3-4 years. We got two talented kids started to feed off each other

KPJ outburst are a issue but I haven’t seen a real report of the team having issues with him. I need to see a real report of management having issues with him before I say trade him

This roster is built to borderline tank and there’s a list of things I would address before trading or discard a talent like KPJ

Rober Downey jr was coke hear burn out and became Disney’s iron man lol. Can’t ask for much more than KPJ/Green/Sengun the first year in a rebuild

DaDakota and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. PatBev

PatBev Member

Sorry, it’s like when dad comes home and has to raise his voice

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He is not my favorite, but I want him to succeed because having 2 guys like Green and KPJ that can attack makes us better.

Currently the player I like to watch the most is Sengun - and I think he is probably going to be traded because he doesn't fit with Green and Porter.

You want me to list crazy guys who won?

Jordan punched teamates, Mad Max went into the stands to hit someone, Rasheed Wallace was a walking problem on and off the court. Kobe Bryant raped a girl.

Now, stop trying to make it about KPJ and Green and celebrate them both.

DD

PatBev likes this.
  16. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

Difference is those guys showed that they could play winning basketball, KPJ has not. He has put up empty stats in meaningless games, most of them losses.

Tmac1Yao11 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

What's up with all these scenarios that have nothing to do with KPJ lol. Robert Downey Jr was not a coke bum when Disney came calling. He was making hella movies lol and already publicly was sober for years by that point. in '03 Disney hooked him up with their martial arts guy so he was being groomed for the role since then (5 years before the movie came out).

besides it's not like we didn't know RDJ couldn't act, just like we know KPJ can play. but I bet RDJ was more humble with it. KPJ isn't the only player with struggles and it's hard to rank struggles anywhere. it all affects folks differently. it is what you do after the hardships. what KPJ continues to do is act up. granted it's been a couple months since the last outburst but he has history there. part of growing is accepting who you are as a player

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What? Where did you make that **** up from? When has he ever said that? Come on man that is some grade A level hatorade right there, you are extrapolating out into LALA land.

All he has said is that the org saved his life, and that he needs to work at some of his issues.....

It is not like the fella is Royce White, or hasn't apologized, why is it that fans, who literally KNOW NOTHING of how it is behind the scenes can't just accept that the org is behind this guy, they believe in him, and we as fans should maybe cut him a break and HOPE that he matures, because that is the best case scenario for the Rockets.

DD

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

He’s playing with rookies, trash shooting 25yr old rookies like Tate playing PF at 6’4, g league players, and a team I’m confident was not build to win with selfish players getting their stats like Gordon & Wood

You could call any young players stats empty on a losing team. Only a few of the greats come make a immediate impact. He might not be a point gawd but he’s team isn’t helping his situation much

Him coming alive in the 4th quarter seems to be a instinct for him tho which is promising. The over dribble as time expires can be worked on

DaDakota likes this.
  20. kubli9

kubli9 Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't fit into a winning system and hasn't shown the maturity needed to lead a team as it's PG. Green has at least shown a skill set these past few months that fit a winning team, give him a real PG.