1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y’all are ungrateful & need to show KPJ some love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PatBev, Apr 6, 2022.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

You people fcking disgust me. For a franchise that hasn’t won in 30 years, you talk and act more entitled than laker fans. KPJ has done nothing but praised this organization and statistically continues to join elite company with his play.

Harden took a sh’t on this franchise 2 years ago and the basketball gods BLESSED us with a talented young troublemaker for a bs 2nd rounder.

We gave a first year point guard players just trying to get theirs in Gordon & Wood, veteran “leadership” in Wall, dog **** shooters in Tate, Theis, Nwaba, KJ, G-League players like Armoni & Mathews, Green who couldn’t do anything & got his ass thrown to the floor anytime he tried to drive it in, oh and Silas as his coach. I think he’s done a stand up job

Kobe won with Fisher & MJ won with Kerr as their point guards. So how about y’all stop acting like we need CP3. CP3 hasn’t won sh*t his entire career. Steph/Klay, Lebron/Wade have built dynasties over the last decade. Cp3 & Stockton never won ****

Is Jalen suppose to have 40 shot attempts a game? Tate, Mathews, Christopher were 5-28 last night & you call KPJ selfish because he did his job, as point guard & as a top 2-3 player on this team, and game out at halftime and got his team back in the game while doing it efficiently. Was KPJ suppose to only take 10 shots and let Jalen throw up 40 shot attempts? No, KPJ did his best to get his team back within reach

KPJ is 17th in assist & 18th in turnovers and the is 17 superstars in front of him who average more turnovers so stop acting like he’s just dogsh*t

Until you hear a report that the rockets organization is having issues with KPJ it would probably be great not to just attack the kid and his mental state. Gotta think long term of what a KPJ/Green backcourt can do when they are age 23 and reeking havoc

Christopher is a certified bench player. Acting like he should start over KPJ is laughable

Honestly can’t believe how you cannot be hyped about the possibility of this borderline teenage backcourt in the coming years. I really see us in a play in game next year if we upgrade our PF with Jabari or Chet

Jalen was timid & was getting tossed around at the beginning of the season. You can see how much they are thriving now that both have confidence. I’ll take two possible top 10 combo guards any day of the week

Positive vibes only

2. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

We were a winning franchise up until last year

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Preach.

Nobody's saying he's a finished product or we don't want to see improvement next season. He and Green are killing it though. Sengun is fitting right in. Just need to make sure Woodchuck doesn't come back.

4. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

I agree, but I'm not reading all that

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Derp . . .
    derp derp derp derp

(flop!)

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

....you rang?

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Been a rough 24 hours on the bbs

[​IMG]

9. TimDuncanDonaut

We lost all those 5 games. Four of those were home games.

Rockets - Spurs
    Rockets - Kings
    Rockets - Kings
    Rockets - Wolves
    Rockets - @ Nets

for the tank I'm not complaining, but the players were trying to win despite what some fans and GM wanted. Those opponents are also not defensive juggernauts. Scoring hasn't been a problem. It's defense.

KPJ played decent, but not sure what folks want. His extension is coming soon, do you guys want to give him that big contract?

#9 TimDuncanDonaut, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Positive vibe incoming: KPJ would be even better playing in a position and role that his skills are most suited for

Also, obligatory: please elaborate

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Again with this meaningless argument. KPJ isn’t the reason we’re losing. He’s one of the few reasons we’ve won anything.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

During the games that Gordon and Wood weren’t involved in?

You’re taking a 5 game sample from a team completely different than the one from which criticisms were based on.

The improvement of both players since ASG gives hope. I’ll admit I was not high on KPJ as a PG, but I think I can deal with it if we jettison Wood and draft front court players.

burlesk likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That is highly dependent on value. It better not be anywhere near max money. As a journeyman player with upside I feel like he could very easily be Chandler Parsons 2.0, albeit for different reasons. How much does his agent "know his rights"?

jcmoon and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

KPJ fans getting too emotional with this lmao. Jalen is going to get more love no matter what. deal with it.

we know the kid (KPJ) has talent. we like that the rockets have him. but he is not a point guard and his antics soured the feeling of him

16. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

dude STFU with this bull shiii

PatBev likes this.
  17. PatBev

PatBev Member

I would blames those more on this team being surrounded by poor shooting and a 6’5 power forward who can’t shoot. Also rolling out Garuba & overall being a team of teenagers. I do think KPJ f*cked up one of those games tho at the end

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The way I see it we got one more year left in the “can KPJ be a future part of this franchise” discussion before we have to put money down on him or watch him walk(or offer the QO). I want the kid to succeed but stringing 5 solid-ish games together(remember offense is only half of the game and we lost all those games because of defense!) isn’t going to be enough to get him there. He’s going to be have to be more consistent both offensively & defensively and most importantly a guy who makes his teammates better to be a long term starter.

That being said - I could see him being a long term 6th man/bench scoring 6th man based on what I’ve seen so far but I don’t think that’s the role he sees himself in despite the fact he could make a career of that role if he were willing to accept it.

Y2JT, jcmoon, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread would have more impact if OP renamed it "KPJOF's"

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Fool’s gold dude. Empty stats. The points he puts up does not matter. It’s the totality of the game. Great players play an all around great game including making the right reads and making the right actions to make plays and find open players to score especially in critical moments. Jacking up a bunch of step back 3s and getting 30 does little good when he still holds the ball often or doesn’t find his man on the screen and roll or doesn’t play a full half court game but limited to threes and awkward dribble drive shots from the screen and roll. He is very limited offensively and stalls the half court set while making terrible turnovers such as trying to bounce pass to Tate on the post from a weird angle on the wing while a guy was on Tate’s side resulting in a steal. Or his famous pivots where he traps himself in the short or long corners. These are the things that will lose games. These little things add up. And he does them consistently more often than not.