1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xmas Gift] Last Day Decision - Chick Opin. Preferred, guys help too!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rock3t Man, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Member

I am trying to pick out the perfect gift for my GF, I have already purchased a camera along with an 8GB Card and now I want to get her one last thing - I have narrowed it down to these...

1. 200$ Shopping Card - She's been trying to go shopping but with all the xmas gift buying and tuition she is very limited. Plus I don't think a girl can do much with only 200$

2. Ipod Touch 8GB - She loves music, but I am thinking this won't be enough space.

3. GPS + Boondocks 1&2 (She Loves This) + Kung Fu Panda (Movie) + Jungle Book (Movie)- She has a regular dvd player (Old School) no upconversion

We have a thing going for 2 years now, we make a christmas wish list, where we buy something(s) from that list and then a gift I pick out.

Now the camera I picked out (not on list)

But the 3 above where on the list and in the same order noted, except one small change, the 200$ gift card was originally 250$.

On budget 220$ Max

2. Davidoff

Davidoff Member

Just give her a card with a note that you'll take her out for the day shopping and she can spend up to the amount you set.. Buy her some lunch and take her out for a nice dinner after it's over.. It's better than locking her into one store with a gift card, plus she might really like you spending the day with her shopping..

3. Fatty FatBastard

iPod touch is the best of the three.

Speaking of, I have an Ipod touch 8GB that I don't need. My GF wasn't into the idea of learning new technology.

4. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Member

:D

Not to be picky but is it still in box? Condition?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

And 8g iPod Touch will be plenty of space as long as she does't have a lot of movies or TV shows on it. I have almost 700 songs on mine and its nowhere close to being full. I think it is still under like 20%

6. Fatty FatBastard

Well, I took it out of the box to attempt to show her how to use it, so you can say it has been used for about an hour. Nothing has been downloaded, though.

And I can still return it for retail. Just throwing it out there because I don't know if there is a shortage of these or not.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

8 gig is plenty for music only, imo.

they can can do plenty with 200, if they are reasonable and resourceful.

8. juicystream

juicystream Member

I wouldn't give her the giftcard. I'd go Ipod, but I hate following lists. I've never gotten my wife something off a list. In fact I almost never buy things off lists for other people. I love suprising people, and finding that one gift they really want but never expected to get. I also hate people asking me what I want, because I want to be suprised.

9. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Member

Good Point on spending the day with her - I like that Idea, but man I really wouldn't want to make an empty promise or forelong the day to happen, just so there isn't a misunderstanding, it is a check card that I am getting through chase. She would be able to use it as a debit card

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

Although i do like getting money, i think putting a little extra thought into a gift is the better option. Sure, you may "miss" with the gift but you gave it a good effort and put some real thought into it, which goes a long way.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Currently on my iPod Touch, I have 1100+ songs, 16 videos (mainly short movies of my grandson, but also 1 full length 2 hour movie), around 100 pictures, 17 additional applications form the iTunes App store, and around 70 hours of audiobooks downloaded from audible.com using the best format (i.e. bigger downloads) and I am below 7 Gig.

12. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Member

So I am headed out for lunch... Gonna get it right now.

Ipod or Gift Card?

If someone is selling an ipod please let me know

Thanks

13. Fatty FatBastard

Well, as I said, I have one. $190.

14. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Member

Is there anyway you can send me pics? I am really interested especially because I wouldnt have to wait in line. I just wouldn't want her to know I purchased from someone. How long ago did you say you purchased this?

Shoot me an e-mail w/pics if possible

15. Fatty FatBastard

I'm at work, and it is at home. I purchased this a week ago. As I said, I can still return it. But if you're looking to get one without the hassle, you can swing by tonight or tomorrow.

My email is texanfanrocket@yahoo.com

16. droxford

droxford Member

Not one chick has replied to this thread.

17. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Member

What side of town do you live in?

18. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

Stick her in the pooper. It's the gift that keeps on giving!

19. Fatty FatBastard

I'm in Midtown.

20. mic

mic Member

I'm a chick. Honestly, the iPod is, like you said, very limited in space, so I would steer clear of that. I have a 4th gen 40gb, and I constantly have to delete stuff off of mine to put new stuff on. I'm pretty balls deep in music, though. I don't know too many girls who are as into music as I am, so I may not be the best judge here. It's just a pretty big investment for something if it turns out to be too little of space.

Honestly, I'd go with the $200 gift card and a promise to spend the day shopping with her. Gift cards are usually the easy way out, but in this situation, I don't see it that way. Just give her a really sweet card, or maybe even a handmade card. My boyfriend always makes me handmade cards, and they're always very sweet.