1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

XBox360/PS3: What are your favorite games?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MayoRocket, May 14, 2008.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

PS3: COD4, Heavenly Sword and GTA4

360: Gears of War

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

360: Call of Duty 4 (GOAT possibly), at least top 5

PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Xbox360: COD4, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, Rock Band, World Series of Poker

PS2: Singstar 80s, Singstar Pop, Singstar Rock, Singstar 90s (though i'm ticked no Oasis songs [only the biggest Sony artist in the 90s, idiots])

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Gears of War, GTA4, BioShock, Dead Rising, Fight Night Round 3.

5. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

he didn't ask for PS2

6. tinman

Supporting Member

isn't it backwards compatible?

he didn't ask for PC games either or WII but people here still ramble about them.

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

rofl @ singstar

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a 360

1. Bioshock Ties with Rock Band

2. Mass Effect

3. GTA IV

I also loved Gears of War, COD 4, and NBA 2k8, but the other games were just a cut above.

9. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Mass Effect, Oblivion, NBA 2K8, GTA IV, MLB 08 The Show

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I only have one PS3 game right now: GTA4.

11. A00man

A00man Member

360:

Bioshock, Gears of War, Halo 3, and soon to be Ninja Gaiden II

PS3:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and soon to be best out of all systems, MGS4!

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Well it was nba2k8, but my ps3 died on me last week for the second time. :mad: Has anyone else had bad luck with their systems like this?

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

One of my uncles was one of the lead developers on Mass Effect. But I don't even own a 360 and I've never played it.

I'm sure he'd just give me a free copy but I just haven't had much time for games lately and I don't wanna shell out for a 360 or PS3.

Oh well.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I should have given an honorable mention to Assassin's Creed. That was fun. It got a little repetitive, but it was a fun game.

15. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I haven't played Ninja Gaiden Sigma or CoD4 yet, but until then...

Non-Exclusives
    Condemned 2: Bloodshot (1st-person horror)
    [​IMG]
    Condemned 2 is so cool, it hurts. It's like what RE is supposed to be (and I love RE). The atmosphere is amazing and the forensic stuff is actually pretty well-done. But most of all, this has to be the most brutal 1st-person hand-to-hand combat ever. Where else can you dislocate a cop's arm and watch him writhe in agony trying to pop it back in, beat naked meth addicts to death with toilet seats, and impale crazy homeless guys on rebar... all in one game? THAT'S RIGHT, NOWHERE!

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (1st-person shooter)
    [​IMG]
    As far as I'm concerned, Gears of War is the king of arcade shooting, and GRAW 2 is the king of sim shooting... RSV2 is the happy medium. It has a variant on the cover system that Gears of War popularized, only even more intuitive, and the sound is so very well done that it makes every kill unreasonably satisfying. Heck, there's even some nice tactical action, with frequent multiple entry points, flashbangs, and smoke grenades at your disposal.
    Unfortunately you can't impale anyone on rebar.

GRAW 2 (1st/3rd-person shooter)
    [​IMG]
    Let me tell you, there's no experience in gaming like getting a huge group of people together (at least 4, maybe even up to 8), and playing the co-op campaign with no respawns. Especially when all the Halo and CoD4 players whine about "waaaahhhh why are there no respawns, waaaaaahhhhh why is there no auto-aim correction, waaaaahhhhhh why is my gun so inaccurate when I'm shooting while running!?" It's the closest thing there is to the true, tactical sim experience.
    You can't beat anyone to death with a toilet seat, though.

NBA 2K8 (Basketball)
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to go postal on EA if they buy up Take Two and trash the NBA 2K series. There is no other series of games I've wasted so much of my life on... and I'm okay with it.
    But for some reason, you can't dislocate people's arms. Shucks.

Virtua Tennis 3 (Tennis)
    [​IMG]
    There are three buttons. Two of which you actually use 99% of the time. So simple... and yet, amazingly fun. Difficulty ranges from from easy to so-hard-you-will-cry-like-a-little-girl.
    ...cry, but not piss your pants like Condemned 2.

Burnout Paradise (Racing/Crashing)
    [​IMG]
    It may not feature car-mounted guns, but it may as well be the sequel in spirit to Twisted Metal... because that's what it's all about. You can drive faster in Burnout than you can in pretty much any other game, and the crashes are just straight-up spectacular.
    Which is is almost as good as a drunken rampage with a foosball rod, but not quite.

PS3 Exclusives
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Action-adventure)
    [​IMG]
    As far as I'm concerned, this is bar-none the best voice-acting ever seen in a game. The gameplay itself is like all the best elements of Tomb Raider platforming, with Gears of War-style combat (perhaps on a little valium). Everything about this game oozes quality: gameplay, animations, graphics, story... just everything. You'll want to play it through several times.
    Even though the combat doesn't include warhammers and battleaxes like Condemned 2... but you'll muddle through.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (3rd-person shooter)
    [​IMG]
    Truly hilarious dialogue, a better story than you think, fantastic animations and graphics, and the biggest, baddest guns you've ever seen. Also the best use of the Sixaxis controllers that I've seen yet, by far. You even have a disco ball as a secret weapon to make enemies spontaneously break out into dance as you pummel them into oblivion.
    Of course, your tools of destruction don't include a bowling pin to cave someone's face in. But at least you have a wrench.

360 Exclusives
    Gears of War (3rd-person shooter)
    [​IMG]
    Drop-dead gorgeous graphics, gritty feel, satisfying weapons, and some of the most badass characters you'll see. Can't count how many times I played through the campaign, and it gets better when you play with a friend.
    You can't slice anyone's head off with a rusty paper-cutter, but you CAN with a rifle-mounted chainsaw. Almost as good.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Resistence: Fall of Man & COD4 are my favorites...

GTA IV and Rock Band (I like to sing) are next...

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Damn...Ive really enjoyed most of the games I have...some of my favorites:

1. Madden 08 - I know people hate this game and complain about it, but Ive always loved playing it for some reason. I love playing people online...I also like to choose completely random teams and use the teams strengths to try to win. Its a fun challenge when you play with crappy teams.
    2. Call of Duty 4
    3. Mass Effect
    4. GTA IV
    5. Halo 3
    6. Forza Motorsport 2

18. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Dude, you're missing out. You should buy the 360 and play that game. Seriously.

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

So, to all these people who seem to love Mass Effect so much: what's so great about it? It sounds vaguely like KOTOR on steroids. Would you say that's accurate?

I just recently acquired a 360, and wasn't sure whether to pick it up or not (plenty of other stuff to play already).

20. tinman

Supporting Member

if you like those type of games. I'd rent it first.