1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

XBox vs. PS2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dave2000, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

I would go with Fever 2002 Dave. Supposedly it take full advantage of the xbox's power.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I wouldnt say that is took the full advantage of the hardware's power. Remember that they still have a couple of years to go to show how big this thing can really be. Remember when the PS1 first came out? They had NFL Gameday look like a Genesis/SNES game. Then the '98 version, I believe, changed the view of the game. That was bout 2 years after the system came out. So if these games look good now, who knows how good they will look in 2-3 years.

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

No Offense Nomar, but I thought Fever really sucked. It didn't have a good view, hard to play to me... Didn't seem any better in graphics or anything else, I like Madden 2002 much better.

Anyone know why Madden doesnt have individual player rankings in the league stats or League Leaders?

4. Ren

Ren Member

Fever does suck!!!

I like Madden 2002 for PS2 but the funnist football game I have played is the NFL2K2 for PS2!

DO NOT buy NBA Live 2002, it sucks very bad :mad:

Right now Im playing Final Fantasy X, its awesome after that I have Metal Gear Solid 2 which is said to be the best game EVER made, then I have Silent Hill 2.Thats a lot of time on my hands and I cant even get to my sports games :(

BTW,Anyone else heard that the release of the PS3 might be sooner than they thought with the newly release of the XBox.Sony is also coming out with a hand held game to go against the competition!!!

5. mduke

mduke Member

I didn't think it was that bad..:confused:

I am going to buy NBA2K2 when it comes out, is it really that much better?

6. Dave2000

Oh yea, its WAYYY better, they succedded in everything, even the small things. I own the one on Dreamcast. Everything from, passing lane steals, street mode (which u can play anywhere from 2 on 2 to 5 on 5, i prefer 3 on 3), the animation, alley-hoops, and the way the players without the ball move around the lanes like a REAL game. Its one of the best games around. I was a hardcore fan of Live but Visual Concepts may have taken that torch as the best company to produce sports games.

7. mduke

mduke Member

Thanks D2000.

I guess I thought nba live 2002 was pretty good, but now I have to go out and buy NBA 2k2 when it comes out.
    I dont think it comes out until January 18th for PS2

8. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I got PS2 for Christmas and I love it. There are so many games for PS2. XBox doesn't have many. I love sports games and PS2 has some awesome ones, like NBA Live 2002, NBA Street, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, NFL 2K2, and Shaun Palmer Snowboating. I've never played XBox before but I heard the controller is a pain in the neck.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why does everyone always bring up the controller as some kind of big problem? I find absolutely nothing wrong with the controller and I think it works very well.

10. Dave2000

Yea the controller isnt too bad to me either. I guess its cuz I got big hands. By the way I just got done playing Madden 2002 and DOA 3. Madden is a pretty good game but I would rather wait for NFL 2K2 to come out. As for DOA 3, its almost a clone of DOA 2 for Dreamcast. I dunno, I guess I wanst really that impressed. Guess I will just wait for a Capcom fighting game to come out.

11. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

PS2

Jeremy McGrath's Supercross World

oh ya baby im the best!!

12. Dave2000

Played DOA 3 again, I must admit, I am addictive to that game now. For some reason, its just got fun to play it again. I also rented SSX Tricky, pretty fun game. I may end up buyin either of these 2 games. I am also waiting for WWF Raw to come out, but has been delayed till Feb.

13. Sonny

The controller actually fits good for me, I do have big hands also.

I like Madden 2002 but wish Gameday or NFL2K2 was out.

Madden needs more stats - like League Leaders.

I think it is funny how everyone always says there aren't any games out for the XBOX, check the freaking link I posted above. There are plenty of games and a shiotload more coming, Microsoft has partners out the wazoo.

14. red

red Contributing Member

just because you have lots of games doesnt mean you have lots of games worth playing...what if x-box had 110 pokeman games...???

15. Sonny

What if? Would you buy all 110?

It hasn't even been out 2 months, give the XBOX a year and they will have as many good games as PS2. I am not bashing the PS2, I had one, I just like the XBOX better.

16. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I am gonna wait and see if XBox comes out with a lot more games. If it does I'll buy it and have both PS2 and XBox.